Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtside View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cataclysm had the "!" group quest mob tagging functionality in it.
    No it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    No it didn't.
    Yes, yes it did. I just went and found several mobs in 1-60 and Cataclysm (80-85) level zones that have the "!" multi-tag thing. I found an article from January 2011 talking about multi-tagging, but the forums won't let me post it as a hyperlink yet:

priestwithacause.blogspot.com/2011/01/changes-to-mob-tagging.html

It might not have been in at Cataclysm launch, but it was definitely introduced during the Cataclysm era.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelar View Post
    Yes, especially on PvP Realms. Massive Ganking since CRZ.
    You are saying this like it was a bad thing....

CRZ is the best feature ever introduced in this game. End of story.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    You are saying this like it was a bad thing....

CRZ is the best feature ever introduced in this game. End of story.
    Could you elaborate on that? I find it hard to believe that CRZ is better than dungeons, flying mounts, and the entire continent of Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtside View Post
    Could you elaborate on that? I find it hard to believe that CRZ is better than dungeons, flying mounts, and the entire continent of Northrend.
    Flying mounts is the one of the worst features ever in this game. First one is the teleport to instances tools. The name of the game is WORLD of WARcraft, not world of flycraft/teleportcraft.

AND BTW, Northrend sucked.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

10+ Year Old Account
    Disable enable CRZ button?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudaloht View Post
    Disable enable CRZ button?
    How about no? That goes against the point of CRZ. If you don't like to be ganked go to a pve realm. If you don't like to play with other people, then go play some single player game, mabye try diablo 3.

Flying mounts is the one of the worst features ever in this game. First one is the teleport to instances tools. The name of the game is WORLD of WARcraft, not world of flycraft/teleportcraft.

AND BTW, Northrend sucked.
    Behold, ladies and gentlemen, someone who doesn't understand the meaning of the verb "elaborate."

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

The issues with resource availability are just not an issue, the nodes re-spawn at a rate of being farmed, as they always have. Just... join in and you'll yield about the same amount you always have.
    you obviously have not farmed fel iron or adamantite lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokurei View Post
    Anyone who has been relentlessly camping the minfernal understands how frustrating CRZ can make things. Today when I logged in after the restarts, 15-20 people were already sitting around and more were logging on after me. Apparently we all had the same idea...
    Mineral nodes and herbs should be realm based and shouldn't be viewable in CRZ. Probably one of the biggest downsides to CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Wish they could just take a second to shoot down the "Disable CRZ Option" because such a thing would make no sense.

You're running around with someone on your realm (not in a party), you got CRZ disabled, and the fellow gets killed by a ganker you cannot see.

How about no?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Wish they could just take a second to shoot down the "Disable CRZ Option" because such a thing would make no sense.

You're running around with someone on your realm (not in a party), you got CRZ disabled, and the fellow gets killed by a ganker you cannot see.

How about no?
    I'm not sure I see the issue with that, it sounds akin to running around unflagged with someone flagged for PvP. Unless you mean that the ganker could not attack a healer they could not see?

Either way, I could see it being handled the same way - you engage with someone with CRZ on, it's forced on for you, similar to a PvP flag. You go solo and keep to yourself, it stays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
    I'm not quite sure Blizzard understands what "improve" means. Giving us a wider variety of mounts used by players from other servers to cover up mailboxes is not an "improvement". Dalaran lags almost as bad as Stormrage now that there's a few dozen servers worth of players stacked up in there now.
    Blizzard needs to give us MountZappers which can shoot players of mounts in cities.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Nothing about not allowing level 90 gankers from another realm getting zoned into a different zone meant for 50 levels lower players.

The loading times at zone borders you don't even see and accidentally cross several times if you are unlucky are really annoying -.-
    There are loading screens that are faster.

Bleurgh. It's really disheartening to see them ignore all of the issues with the design and social aspect of the game that get impacted by CRZs and just comment on the technical limitations again. I really feel like they just don't know what they're doing with the feature at all.

The handling of CRZs has been the one thing that's really shaken my confidence in Blizzard as developers recently. It's horribly bad game design for a product like WoW in it's current incarnation.

How about no? That goes against the point of CRZ. If you don't like to be ganked go to a pve realm. If you don't like to play with other people, then go play some single player game, mabye try diablo 3.
    The problem is that you're projecting your interpretation of what it means to be an MMO or PvP realm on someone who may have a different interpretation, and no single person is correct.

There are other ways to play with folks other than questing alongside of them, and before CRZ players were able to chose a realm based on the activity level of the PvP or PvE communities. One can hate getting ganked by 90s and still enjoy the challenge of being ambushed by someone their own level now and then, or they can be the type that thrives on a good corpse run while a group of max level players teabag their body, or somewhere in between.

PvP interests are not so black and white, it's more than just picking a PvP or PvE realm. Before CRZ, people had the choice of realms with varying degrees of casual/hardcore, ruthless/honorable communities, and everyone could find a community that fit them. Now we're all tossed in together, and suddenly people like you are insisting that others are playing the game wrong after having enjoyed their unique community for nearly a decade. You're no more correct in your interpretation of PvP and MMO than the rest of us - it's all a matter of opinion, and CRZ should account for the interests of more than one segment of players.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Meh. Nothing about not allowing level 90 gankers from another realm getting zoned into a different zone meant for 50 levels lower players.
    This, along with the node sharing, is major issue with it. Perhaps CRZ should only show players that yield honor?

CRZ would have been a significantly better feature if they had spread quest mob tagging to all mobs, instead of only ultra important ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    CRZ would have been a significantly better feature if they had spread quest mob tagging to all mobs, instead of only ultra important ones.
    Well, I can understand why they wouldn't do that, same reason they don't want questing in raids. It would undermine things like dailies if people could just clump up and aoe everything and be done in 30 seconds. But it would be nice if named quest mobs in old zones acted as they do in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by thecatsorcerer View Post
    I like cross realm zones, more people to gank
    I guess spin-less nancies who are scared to fight players their own level need things to do too.