[RET] Major DPS problems

Hello fellow paladins, i'm coming here today for advice!

Since MOP came out my dps is low as f..k i see other rets less geared them me doing a lot more dps than what i do and i am really sad about this. I've tried all the tier 5 talents while progress wiping and HA proved best.
    Way i pop my cds is pretty standard : guardian , wait 10 sec pop aw + ha and trinket . After that just pop HA than AW when they come up untill they both come off cd at the same time to pop again and so on.
    Here is my armory if anyone has anything to comment please do :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...igoth/advanced

I keep notice that i don;t have a epic weapon yet and the dire brew trinket but i still think i'm doing something wrong.
    Any feedback is welcome, thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Croack View Post
    Hello fellow paladins, i'm coming here today for advice!

Since MOP came out my dps is low as f..k i see other rets less geared them me doing a lot more dps than what i do and i am really sad about this. I've tried all the tier 5 talents while progress wiping and HA proved best.
    Way i pop my cds is pretty standard : guardian , wait 10 sec pop aw + ha and trinket . After that just pop HA than AW when they come up untill they both come off cd at the same time to pop again and so on.
    Here is my armory if anyone has anything to comment please do :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...igoth/advanced

I keep notice that i don;t have a epic weapon yet and the dire brew trinket but i still think i'm doing something wrong.
    Any feedback is welcome, thanks
    Well you are a little over expertise and a little under hit both should be 7.5% or for a Human

Hit 2550
    Exp 2210

So you should get those fixed first, I would suggest Hit/Haste in your helm instead of pure Haste sure the socket bonus sucks but you need the hit. Get Strength on the bracers you might not have access to the rep enchant yet but get it asap. you have 2PC Tier please enchant the pants properly the enchant isn't that much but well worth it. That should be a good start get that ironed out and you will be much better off.

Cooldown usage isn't going to explain that type of discrepancy but Priority Rotation could what priority are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Well you are a little over expertise and a little under hit both should be 7.5% or for a Human

Hit 2550
    Exp 2210

So you should get those fixed first, I would suggest Hit/Haste in your helm instead of pure Haste sure the socket bonus sucks but you need the hit. Get Strength on the bracers you might not have access to the rep enchant yet but get it asap. you have 2PC Tier please enchant the pants properly the enchant isn't that much but well worth it. That should be a good start get that ironed out and you will be much better off.

Cooldown usage isn't going to explain that type of discrepancy but Priority Rotation could what priority are you using?
    5 tv>how when possible>cs>exo>j>3tv. What was i thinking is when i have like 3 hp or 4 , somethimes i have a 2 sec gap when i just stand and wait for a ability to get off cd to have 5hp might that be the dps loss i'm looking for cuz when i pop cds i manage to stay on top for about 1 min and something but after that everything goes down.

You want to prioritize exo before cs, the reason for that is AoW, so you want to keep it on cooldown as much as possible. Another thing I can add is (if you're not doing it already) if you have 3-4 HP and a HP generator is off cooldown you hit that before rushing to TV.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Croack View Post
    5 tv>how when possible>cs>exo>j>3tv. What was i thinking is when i have like 3 hp or 4 , somethimes i have a 2 sec gap when i just stand and wait for a ability to get off cd to have 5hp might that be the dps loss i'm looking for cuz when i pop cds i manage to stay on top for about 1 min and something but after that everything goes down.
    Execution Sentence? It should be i front of HoW if you aren't using it that could certainly make a big difference in your DPS. Also Exo should be above CS, What I would suggest would be - inq tvdp(If you use DP) tv5 es how exo cs j tv3. Some people put HoW in different places based on l90 talent but SW imo is still our best option.

http://www.wowreforge.com/EU/Silverm...0304230354----

That is 2551 Hit and 2239 Expertise which is far closer.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-10-30 at 11:05 PM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Seeing as I normally don't do this but while we're on the subject I thought I'd try n pop a question bout my DPS as well.

Never played ret in any expansion before, thought I'd might try it this time. But my god I must be doing something completely messed up. I'm usually ending up between 16-13th place on the DPS on most bosses. I know in which order to do shit, I doubt it's the rotation, really. I do however end up in situations where I can't do shit for about 2-3 seconds. Everything is on cooldown, so you just stand there, either waiting for a HoW proc or CS/J to get off cooldown. Is this a common problem or am I completly using the wrong rotation? 3 inq > 5 TV > exo > cs > j > 3tv

I stack haste as much as possible after strength, so basically str > haste > mastery=>crit while having hit/exp capped.

On bosses I usually pop GoAK + ES right from the get-go, wait around 5-10 second before popping AW and HA + trinket to get the buff from GoAK + Inq. Keep pounding cooldowns when they come available, or if there's a BL coming up very soon I save AW for that. Something completely off here?

Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcake/advanced

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Sorry for hijack on the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wyztec View Post
    Seeing as I normally don't do this but while we're on the subject I thought I'd try n pop a question bout my DPS as well.

Never played ret in any expansion before, thought I'd might try it this time. But my god I must be doing something completely messed up. I'm usually ending up between 16-13th place on the DPS on most bosses. I know in which order to do shit, I doubt it's the rotation, really. I do however end up in situations where I can't do shit for about 2-3 seconds. Everything is on cooldown, so you just stand there, either waiting for a HoW proc or CS/J to get off cooldown. Is this a common problem or am I completly using the wrong rotation? 3 inq > 5 TV > exo > cs > j > 3tv

I stack haste as much as possible after strength, so basically str > haste > mastery=>crit while having hit/exp capped.

On bosses I usually pop GoAK + ES right from the get-go, wait around 5-10 second before popping AW and HA + trinket to get the buff from GoAK + Inq. Keep pounding cooldowns when they come available, or if there's a BL coming up very soon I save AW for that. Something completely off here?

Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcake/advanced

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Sorry for hijack on the thread.
    Can always give me a whisper on the realm if you want to speak about ret ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Can always give me a whisper on the realm if you want to speak about ret ^^
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I'll be flat out honest, I'm used to being so competitive with everyone and giving people a run for their money in sub-par gear. I now am having issues maintaining 50-60k dps. heroics sure, I can do 70 plus but in the LFR I have found myself struggling. Is there any add-ons I should be running? Glyphs I should have? Anything like that because I feel like i'm doing lackluster damage.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Novar/advanced

that's my armory, I also have a DM deck when the fair comes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    I'll be flat out honest, I'm used to being so competitive with everyone and giving people a run for their money in sub-par gear. I now am having issues maintaining 50-60k dps. heroics sure, I can do 70 plus but in the LFR I have found myself struggling. Is there any add-ons I should be running? Glyphs I should have? Anything like that because I feel like i'm doing lackluster damage.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Novar/advanced

that's my armory, I also have a DM deck when the fair comes.
    Get rid of Corens trinket asap it's complete garbage. Glyphs are mainly cosmetic now but I suggest AW Glyph for the simple fact you are getting healed when it's active. TV is good as is Judgement.

Figured I'd try to see if there is anything else I can do to improve my DPS while everyone else is getting help. I maintain 50k-55k in most 10 man raids and can keep up 100k dps on bosses in heroic dungeons since the fights are about 20 seconds. I'm behind the rogue who tops the meters every time and flip flop with our enhancement shaman who maintains 55k-60k most pulls. Also any tips for the Elegon encounter would be greatly appreciated.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckuli/advanced

As a side note, still leveling professions right now. Working on getting an alt up for farming professions before I drop mining on my paladin and pick up JC and try to nab BS later when I ding my warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackuli View Post
    Figured I'd try to see if there is anything else I can do to improve my DPS while everyone else is getting help. I maintain 50k-55k in most 10 man raids and can keep up 100k dps on bosses in heroic dungeons since the fights are about 20 seconds. I'm behind the rogue who tops the meters every time and flip flop with our enhancement shaman who maintains 55k-60k most pulls. Also any tips for the Elegon encounter would be greatly appreciated.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckuli/advanced

As a side note, still leveling professions right now. Working on getting an alt up for farming professions before I drop mining on my paladin and pick up JC and try to nab BS later when I ding my warrior.
    Expertise is a little low you should try to cap it if at all possible. Same thing get rid of Corens it's a terrible trinket blues are better than it. Once you have the trinket and Expertise fixed continue to work on your gear. I would advise away from JC, Engineering is a good option synapse ties in with Execution Sentence really good. For a second profession you ca go with Tailoring for the cloak enchant, BS for extra sockets. If neither of those interest you Enchanting and Inscription both have benefits as well. JC is really lacking with only 2 JC gems and more importantly secondary stats being greater than primary stats.

Expertise is a little low you should try to cap it if at all possible. Same thing get rid of Corens it's a terrible trinket blues are better than it. Once you have the trinket and Expertise fixed continue to work on your gear. I would advise away from JC, Engineering is a good option synapse ties in with Execution Sentence really good. For a second profession you ca go with Tailoring for the cloak enchant, BS for extra sockets. If neither of those interest you Enchanting and Inscription both have benefits as well. JC is really lacking with only 2 JC gems and more importantly secondary stats being greater than primary stats.
    I've been trying to sim myself as an engineer instead of jc to see what the dps increase would be. I haven't been able to get past all the errors. Does anyone have a figure for how much the dps increase is?

Get rid of Corens trinket asap it's complete garbage. Glyphs are mainly cosmetic now but I suggest AW Glyph for the simple fact you are getting healed when it's active. TV is good as is Judgement.
    I don't think you looked at the right armory, I don't have a coren trinket and I always had aw glyph

I don't think you looked at the right armory, I don't have a coren trinket and I always had aw glyph
    Maybe Armory is bugging cos I'm also seeing a Blood Elf pally in dark armor with Coren's trinket and the Str Trinket from Schoolmaster Gandling (spelt wrongly).

That is very strange lol I'll have too repost when I get too a computer

15+ Year Old Account
    That is very strange lol I'll have too repost when I get too a computer
    What is your Paladins name and on what server? US/EU?