Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Everything below neck looks great, but his face is not really well delivered. I made a picture of how I think should Vol'Jin look like:

The issue was that his scull shape got changed, his tusks were way too thick and badly positioned to the point that is seemed impossible for Vol'Jin to even speak and open his mouth. On the loading screen is presented his new model, and I think that he lost his wise look, and to be honest I don't see Vol'Jin in him anymore.
    Yet with those changes I am proposing with very little effort he can get back the "troll essence and feel".

What I basicly did was:
    - straightening his nose and extend it a little.
    - changing his forehead structure.
    - making his face "longer" by extending his chin.
    - changing the shape of his ears back to the way they look currently in game
    - And the most important : I changed the size and re-positioned the tusks, so we clearly see now where are they coming from, and wee see that it's possible for him now to actually open his mouth now.

I changed all those things becuase quite some people mentioned those issues (mainly ears and tusks).

What do you guys think? Can somebody post it on US forums? I'd be looking forward to opinions of people.

This!!! This right here! A perfect edit, imho. My sister and I have been discussing exactly the things that you've changed. The tusks are especially great. That looked so disproportionate to his head that they looked ridiculous. The battlecry and judgement art tusk sizes were nowhere near that huge. You've slimmed them down to the perfect size and repositioned them to him upper jaw just where most of us (fan)artists see them.

P.S: Thanks for the pants too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    This!!! This right here! A perfect edit, imho. My sister and I have been discussing exactly the things that you've changed. The tusks are especially great. That looked so disproportionate to his head that they looked ridiculous. The battlecry and judgement art tusk sizes were nowhere near that huge. You've slimmed them down to the perfect size and repositioned them to him upper jaw just where most of us (fan)artists see them.

P.S: Thanks for the pants too!

I added pants becuase on loading screen he had ones ;D

Thank you for kind words I'd really want for people to see it, hopefully developers will have a notice of it too. I know that programmers did they best with making this model, but when you're working on something long you might overlook some details.
    Trolls are very specific race, mostly because of their facial features, many artists portray them differently, becuase they're this much specific.
    Details are very important here actually.

I made a thread on EU forums :

But for some reason people hardly respond there, general forums are flooded with many not so important topics, and sadly suggestion forums are out since Cataclysm. So I have no idea where to open discussion to get proper feedback.

And I'd be very grateful if someone from us forum would make a notice on their forums too.

I added pants becuase on loading screen he had ones ;D

Thank you for kind words I'd really want for people to see it, hopefully developers will have a notice of it too. I know that programmers did they best with making this model, but when you're working on something long you might overlook some details.
    Trolls are very specific race, mostly because of their facial features, many artists portray them differently, becuase they're this much specific.
    Details are very important here actually.

I made a thread on EU forums :

But for some reason people hardly respond there, general forums are flooded with many not so important topics, and sadly suggestion forums are out since Cataclysm. So I have no idea where to open discussion to get proper feedback.

And I'd be very grateful if someone from us forum would make a notice on their forums too.
    You're welcome. And yes, I see pants in the load screen/battlecry image too. The musculature looks great and all...but....I don't need to see troll butt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But Garrosh was always just the temporary replacement for Thrall. Compare Garrosh' model to Thrall's.
    You can see that Blizzard has far bigger plans for Thrall than for any of the other characters.

However, I guess you're right that Vol'jin in theory could take the spot of Warchief while Thrall's role is even more important than Warchief. But I just don't see it happening. I bet Thrall will return.
    Blizzard has outright stated that Thrall will not be Warchief. They've said he will be part of the events surrounding the Siege of Orgrimmar but "not in the role you would expect" and that they want to "move his story forward, not backward".

Deleted
    I SO WANT TO SEE thrall in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb4RcK-dNCE in the end patch! Just one more time to see the old thrall so f damn cool omg omg omg

Deleted
    Everything below neck looks great, but his face is not really well delivered. I made a picture of how I think should Vol'Jin look like:

[IMG]http://oi46.tinypic.com/21c9i6a.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://oi46.tinypic.com/15cndxz.jpg[IMG]

The issue was that his scull shape got changed, his tusks were way too thick and badly positioned to the point that is seemed impossible for Vol'Jin to even speak and open his mouth. On the loading screen is presented his new model, and I think that he lost his wise look, and to be honest I don't see Vol'Jin in him anymore.
    Yet with those changes I am proposing with very little effort he can get back the "troll essence and feel".

What I basicly did was:
    - And the most important : I changed the size and re-positioned the tusks, so we clearly see now where are they coming from, and wee see that it's possible for him now to actually open his mouth now.

I changed all those things becuase quite some people mentioned those issues (mainly ears and tusks).

What do you guys think? Can somebody post it on US forums? I'd be looking forward to opinions of people.
    This looks perfect. Thank you.

Deleted
    That Ramani version looks a lot better

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I have to agree, Ramz's version works perfectly. Its more subtle, and I have to admit, the ears on the new model were kind of distracting.

Maybe blizzard will hotfix and tweek it a bit before release, much like they fixed Thralls model from the draenei faced hobo look into the awesome new design he's gotten now.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Looks sick! If they can make these types of modifications to leaders, I would welcome character updates to this extent... Alas, someday when Blizz isn't scared.

Deleted

clip

What I basicly did was:

That looks great! I love the changes you made. His face looks much better, imo. I wish I could make a topic on the US forums for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You're wrong. Thrall has been given this extremely detailed model because he's pretty much the single most important character in the Warcraft lore. It hasn't been made for just the Cataclysm story. They have a lot more planned for him. Wether that is his return as Warchief or an even bigger role remains to be seen.

However, you're right that this doesn't outrule the possibility of Vol'jin becoming Warchief, since Garrosh' model wasn't on par with Thrall either. But I still don't see it happening.
    Oh I'm wrong for not listing every fucking possible reason he was given such an important model? The point is, HE WASN"T GIVEN THE MODEL FOR BEING WARCHIEF. That's is all that is important. If you want to be pedantic, eat your heart out.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wow. I have to agree, Ramz's version works perfectly. Its more subtle, and I have to admit, the ears on the new model were kind of distracting.

Maybe blizzard will hotfix and tweek it a bit before release, much like they fixed Thralls model from the draenei faced hobo look into the awesome new design he's gotten now.
    i lolled quite hard ahahahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    i lolled quite hard ahahahah
    It was one of those moments where I forced myself to ignore how bad the model was. Thankfully it was just a placeholder.

So perhaps they might do the same for vol'jin. I do believe what they should do is show a demo of there finished design for a character revamp before its released, and if it doesn't go over well, they would have time to improve it.
    #boycottchina

Am really glad that you liked my modifications. I already saw people who like a lot current version of model, so I was aware of different opinions on this matter.
    I made those changes, becuase as a dedicated troll player, who is really liking own characters look, I think that Vol'Jin's face got way too drastically changed.
    I don't think that Blizzard will change the look of him, since most of people really do enjoy the look of the model, unlike it was with Azshara, where people made uproar on forums to change her look so it fits lore description.

That's why I was hoping for kindness of US player to post my suggestions and see people's reaction.

Being reasonable though, this seems to be new direction of troll design, and if loading screen looks like that :

It's more likely it will stay this way.

Personally I don't like it, becuase again his face was wayy to much deformed. He lost this cunning and wise look he also had this specific majestic aura around him which is gone now. And on this particular image he don't really look like tall one. Ears and tusks are too much distracting you from his face, and as much as tusks are iconic features of trolls, it's the face alone IMO which is the most important.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2012-11-03 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ramz I tried to post your design to Dave Kosac, thats how awesome i think of it. If he even pays attention to it is another thing.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks..very...brutal, very..barbaric...very..amazing for a troll leader.

I cannot begin to describe this is how Trolls should look, and this is amazing news that Vol'jin looks like this.
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    Ramz your version looks fantastic, he needed the pants. and the face is so much better then the current one they're planning. the tusks and shape of his face just fits better.

Vol'jin Model Updated - Domination point

Quote Originally Posted by FireMageAl View Post
    Vol'jin Model Updated - Domination point

So is it going to be Rak'gor Bloodrazor on my hit list?

At least it's easier to ignore the overly large tusks ingame. I still prefer Ramz's version

10+ Year Old Account
    He secretly orders Rak'gor to follow vol'jin and kill him.

All you Garrosh fanboys, theres something truly wrong with you if you still phrase Garrosh after this.
    #boycottchina