Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    and those that survived the purge werent exactly waving them around like a huge bounty target saying HEY IM A JEDI come kill me lol
    This is kinda what I imagined. Not to mention I'm sure the Jedi that survived found a lot of dead Jedi light sabers and had to keep them secret, keep them safe.

It would be a pretty cool story line to have a one-off where a jedi searches for fallen members of the order after the purge, collecting their sabers along the way. Maybe using the force to actuall see past events, like echoes of battle. Kinda a story of Jedi holocaust history. Not to mention there would be a crazy Jedi armory from it.

Deleted
    I've never seen Star wars... I know alot of people know it and like it but i cba to watch so much in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    keep them secret, keep them safe.
    Good idea Gandalf! I know I am a horrible person but I couldn't resist ><

Noob question... could any jedi use any other jedi's lightsaber? I feel like it should be yes but maybe they are tied to them? Also can non jedi's use a lightsaber? Is it possible or do you have to be force sensitive to even make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Spylacopa View Post
    I've never seen Star wars... I know alot of people know it and like it but i cba to watch so much in a row
    You don't have to watch them all at once you know Besides you can just watch A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi and be perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Good idea Gandalf! I know I am a horrible person but I couldn't resist ><

The reference was intentional.
    Noob question... could any jedi use any other jedi's lightsaber? I feel like it should be yes but maybe they are tied to them? Also can non jedi's use a lightsaber? Is it possible or do you have to be force sensitive to even make it work?
    Like Sigh stated, most people tend to think that a non Jedi using a light saber would kill themselves in a matter of seconds. With that being said, here is a great reference for where in the Canon it has happened:

Linkage

Yay bad joke was intended! \o/

Also, that's pretty much how I figured it would go. Sort of how a person who doesn't really know how wield a sword could pick one up and do a damage but they would never beat a master.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to watch them all at once you know Besides you can just watch A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi and be perfectly fine.
    Personally I felt A New Hope was all you needed.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Personally I felt A New Hope was all you needed.
    But Empire Strikes Back is awesome!

Funny story aabout that one. I was about 4/5ish when Empire was out on VHS (actually might have been beta I was kid!) but one of my uncles watched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back while he was babysitting me so of course I watched with him. My mom wasn't amused when she found out because she didn't think it was appropriate, his defense was I probably didn't understand it anyways. So they asked me which one I liked the most and what I liked about it. My response was "the one where he gets his hand cut off at the end". Kids

So...will they be basing this all off the lore that books took after the movies or...wat?
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    So...will they be basing this all off the lore that books took after the movies or...wat?
    Lots of rumors have it pegged as the original character trio's children, ie. a continuance of the original movies. It makes sense, because they'd be able to get the original actors to play adult versions of themselves since they are really old now.

edit: Kinda a generational trilogy series, told out of order. A pretty recognizable theme really.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Empire Strikes Back is awesome!

Funny story aabout that one. I was about 4/5ish when Empire was out on VHS (actually might have been beta I was kid!) but one of my uncles watched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back while he was babysitting me so of course I watched with him. My mom wasn't amused when she found out because she didn't think it was appropriate, his defense was I probably didn't understand it anyways. So they asked me which one I liked the most and what I liked about it. My response was "the one where he gets his hand cut off at the end". Kids
    I saw the first one back in '77 or so and was basically doomed to quasi-geekhood from there on. Strikes Back was cool but for me nothing will ever top Vader stepping onto the screen in that first flick. My Strikes Back memory is having broken my glasses again on the day we were supposed to see it. So I grabbed a pair of binoculars, sat all the way in the back row, and watched the movie through them.

i dont think they should really try to do the movies on the kids, first Jacen and Jaina beat Anikin by i think it is bout 3-6 years and Ben was a baby during the Vong War so they would need to fast forward about 27 years after RotJ to have the kids at a decent age, also at that time anikin was killed during a infiltration of the vong Vornskir base on wayland and ben was too busy retreating into himself and not in anyway useful to the stories.

they couuullld try to do the stories based on the Legacy of the Jedi where Jacen becomes the new Sith Lord Cadeus, there is some good character development in there for Jacen/Jania and Anikin is finally outa his shell. got some GOOD character kill-offs too.

i would rather they try to go different rout IMO because Luke Han and Leia are iconic kinda to the actors that created them. i mean we see what happens to when movie companies try to replace characters with new actors and i just dont want to see that.

i say go off on a different track like say the X-wing series. make a movie about their infiltration and caputre of imperial controlled coruscant. also there is plent of material there for additional movies and not have to touch the original 3 characters.

better yet make the 3 movies about the years between 3 and 4 chronicaling the Jedi Purge and how Vader spanned the galaxy killing off the remnants. you cna even have Jedi that escape the purge and stuff like taht

ok ima stop here too many things running in my head lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly "suspect" that VII will give the bird to a lot of the "expanded universe" canon. Disney is spending four billion buying Star Wars. If they've found a script they like, I doubt they are going to really care a whole lot if it conflicts with anything except the other movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    i dont think they should really try to do the movies on the kids, *snip*
    I know this might sound ridiculous, but on the offchance they use these stories for the movie and/or people just haven't read about that stuff...spoiler tags might have been welcome.

When are they releasing the animated remakes of them - starring Mickey, Minnie, and donald - as luke, lea, and han?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    When are they releasing the animated remakes of them - starring Mickey, Minnie, and donald - as luke, lea, and han?
    Well there already is Family Guy Star Wars so, it's not like a different cartoon has never done it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will give it a chance, but that's if we are all alive in 2015, we only have 45 more days until the end of the world... Right? right? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I know this might sound ridiculous, but on the offchance they use these stories for the movie and/or people just haven't read about that stuff...spoiler tags might have been welcome.
    i suppose you have a good point there oops ><

Also, it's very likely Disney will release remastered versions of the ORIGINAL theatrical releases.

I'd love to be able to mix n' match my own PERSONAL trilogy.

Revised A New Hope (current blu ray)
    Revised Empire Strikes Back (current blu ray that removed the extended edition "aaaaaaaah" scream when Luke falls at the end)
    Extended Edition Return of the Jedi (Extended celebration ending, but without stupid Christiansen ghost form at the end....Prefer the original version of ghost Anakin)

Just watched a YouTube video where Mark Hamill spoke when Lucas received a lifetime achievement award in 2009. He still looked to be in great shape. Can't wait to hear more news on the new trilogy and will remain hopefully optimistic based on Disney's track record with Marvel and Lucas being a consultant but not writing or directing.

Part of me wants to give this hope I mean honestly can Disney do worst than what Lucas has done? But other part of me just thinks theres no hope

Like any big fan I'd love these next movies to be based off the Thrawn trilogy but I'm quite positive that it won't happen and honestly i'd just love to see Mara-Jade in these movies at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Can Goofy be Chewbacca?

OT: I've seen the work Disney can do via the Avengers and The Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm curious, and just curious.