Deleted

Exclamation My Inners of my PC is getting HOT

Hello,

so ive been checking temps on my PC lately as when playing WOW i get alot of FPS droppage, after playing maybe 2 hours i looked at my temp and realised the GPU was at 60C, i am not expert at PC;s and know as little as poss but ill link the spec of my PC which i bought from Cyberpower, i just wondering what i can do to combat that and also if i can upgrade my Graphics card for better settings.

i also live in the UK

thanks

CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Side Panel Window
    24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE
    CPU: AMD FX8120 Eight Core 3.1Ghz AM3+ CPU 6MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
    FAN: Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator (Asetek CPU Water Coolin)
    HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (4x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston Hyper X Blu Series w/Heat Spreader
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G (780L) Chipset DDR3 Socket AM3+
    POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts Power Supplies
    VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 6870 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card, Eyefinity 4 capable

anything else you need to know please ask, i have some spare cash around and kinda wana get my PC up to running wow on Very high, ultra setting with no lag in raid situations.

What it looks like to me would be your case it doesn't have enough cooling to it let me ask do you have any fans on,in or around the case? if not I would look into upgrading that to something more cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    60c is a perfectly fine temperature for a card while gaming.

What's the temp of your CPU?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    hmm, i basically stripped down my comp and gave it a massive clean out in the last 45 mins, alot of dust, ummmm im not sure, how would i find out? i have CPU Z does that show it?? i know the GPU as i said can get to 60C, also inux, any suggestions to a upgrade on my graphics card? or CPU?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to upgrade neither your CPU or GPU, it'd be a waste of money since they're perfectly fine.

Download Speccy, it should tell you the temps of your CPU.
    http://www.piriform.com/speccy
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Tons of people panic when their card is around 75-80c when gaming. You aren't even close to that, so no need to worry. Your GPU temps are perfectly fine.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll chip in another reassuring reply as others have done, 60c is as cool as a cucumber when it comes to GPU temperatures. Nothing to worry about, game on!

Most graphics cards are designed to easily handle 80c+, some even go over 90c (like older Fermi series cards) and it's still considered safe.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    max supported temps for that card 105c.

Do you play games with vsync on, or off and run the card flat out against redline all the time?

Also does the case have a vent next to the gfx card on the side panel?

Deleted
    Thanks for the Reassurments guys! ive downloaded that speccy, ill let me pc run wow for a bit and see what temp i get to, if its fine temps does anyone have any ideas as to what could potentionally be stopping me from running on high settings, i understand going to ultra i get 20 FPS and drop when something happens, but on high i get 50-60 sometimes but its the dropping which is quite irritating.

Vertical Sync has always been disabled

thanks again

Oh and also my case does have a slight vent next to the GFX card.
    Last edited by mmoc1e7d6667b4; 2012-10-31 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Try with vsync on and disable Anti aliasing for a while and see if you get lag/high temps.

You should also try these with gfx settings on high and see if any difference.

Deleted
    i cant find anti aliasing on wow setting, but have tried the v sync and seems a little better, also my temps are as follow from 2 hours of wow:

48C on me motherboard
    41C on me GPU
    28C on me CPU so these all seems fine, plus i think these are better as i gave my Fans and G card a good clean out and sprayed with air duster, quick bursts of air.

so really ims truggling to tell why i cant seem to get amazing settings out of this comp =\