Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Brewmaster Zeverin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,439
    I think drones are an act of war.
    They're just an easy way of disposing of people the US government wants dead, whatever the reason, without giving them a fair trial, and with no regard with the loss of innocent lives, or even the sovereignty of the country where so called «terrorist» has taken shelter.

    Also, is much cheaper just to use drones than to go into a full fledged war.
    But with drones, you need to ask for permission from local authorities to enter in their airspace;

    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...strikes/57285/
    Nevermind. I guess the USA doesn't even asks for permission.

  2. #62
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    But with drones, you need to ask for permission from local authorities to enter in their airspace;
    .
    Which gives a chance for the target to just move
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    You guys do realize that drones are piloted, right? The cockpit just happens to be in a trailer somewhere instead of on the plane. Silly thread is silly.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  4. #64
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You guys do realize that drones are piloted, right? The cockpit just happens to be in a trailer somewhere instead of on the plane. Silly thread is silly.
    As much as I've tried to point this out, I'm amazed how many people think drones are wind-up killing machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  5. #65
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,409
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    As much as I've tried to point this out, I'm amazed how many people think drones are wind-up killing machines.
    Its like listening to that story of the woman who got on the free way and thought that "cruise control" meant "autopilot" and simply started reading a book until she crashed.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Which gives a chance for the target to just move
    Why even declare war anymore. Just bully your way to get whatever you want, even if it means killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in a neutral country.

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    As much as I've tried to point this out, I'm amazed how many people think drones are wind-up killing machines.
    Everybody has an opinion on everything but lots of people don't really know the details. Oh well, human nature I guess.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  8. #68
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Its like listening to that story of the woman who got on the free way and thought that "cruise control" meant "autopilot" and simply started reading a book until she crashed.
    Oh of course how could I miss it, it's always the same answer: people are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  9. #69
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why even declare war anymore. Just bully your way to get whatever you want, even if it means killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in a neutral country.
    What the hell are you talking about?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh of course how could I miss it, it's always the same answer: people are idiots.
    I think it's sig time.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Your absolutely correct, however our country is trillions of dollars in debt and part of that is not only from wars we get involved in, but also from rebuilding after we have said wars. These wars cost our society tax dollars and more importantly the lives of our children and friends. This is all based on the "civilized" peoples decision. There is nothing civilized about that. Wars may or may not have a just cause, but for the burdens they impose on society there should be some rewards to make it worth while and thus I say "to the victors go the spoils"
    Yeah, only you're not at war with countries, you're at war with extremist minorities operating within said few countries in the Middle East.

  11. #71
    I swear they told me it was a simulator, honestly.

  12. #72
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I swear they told me it was a simulator, honestly.
    Sure they did, Ender.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    What happened to the good old days when you didn't care about war crimes? You went to war and either won or lost. People didn't lose and have the victors go in and rebuild thier country, the winners took thier shit.

    IMO thats half the problem we have right now. If we would have went to Iraq, used the drones and our other resources, took thier shit and set up a wallmart we'd be payin a buck and a half for a gallon of gas.
    The good old times... ? Yes, because every war prior to the second World War was a jolly good experience for all involved I'm sure. :S War is never simple, and the first casualties are almost always innocence and truth.

    In response to the OP, without besmirching your fellow countrymen, I would backhand America everytime it bombs something wondering aloud when the fuck someone will stand up and say 'fuck guys, maybe you shouldn't have done all that nasty stuff in Veitnam like napalm and chemical warfare'.

    War crimes? More like an atrocious lack of fucks given for any fellow human being. War in itself should always be viewed as criminal in this day and age and avoided at all costs.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

    Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why even declare war anymore. Just bully your way to get whatever you want, even if it means killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in a neutral country.
    Did your brain just, fart?????

  15. #75
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why even declare war anymore. Just bully your way to get whatever you want, even if it means killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in a neutral country.
    See thats our problem these days. We as a nation are not willing to make potentially significant sacrifices to gain these 'victories'. We should be deciding if the benefit justifies the cost, then demanding things of the nations these terrorists are living in. "Oh but they control a bunch of oil, or labor, or strategic land.' Yeah well, THAT is the cost. It makes me wonder, if we are unwilling to pay that 'fee', if we are unwilling to risk the sacrifices of that nation turning around and saying 'hey F you man we aren't going to cooperate now get your air base out of here', then how badly do we REALLY want to get rid of these guys?

    We want to have our cake and eat it too.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Sure they did, Ender.


    made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:06 AM ----------



    I think it's sig time.
    You don't know much about history do you? Hint: Cambodia

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    See thats our problem these days. We as a nation are not willing to make potentially significant sacrifices to gain these 'victories'. We should be deciding if the benefit justifies the cost, then demanding things of the nations these terrorists are living in. "Oh but they control a bunch of oil, or labor, or strategic land.' Yeah well, THAT is the cost. It makes me wonder, if we are unwilling to pay that 'fee', if we are unwilling to risk the sacrifices of that nation turning around and saying 'hey F you man we aren't going to cooperate now get your air base out of here', then how badly do we REALLY want to get rid of these guys?

    We want to have our cake and eat it too.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:09 PM ----------





    made me smile.
    Not sure what you're talking about. Could you put it more succinctly?

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You don't know much about history do you? Hint: Cambodia

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:11 AM ----------



    Not sure what you're talking about. Could you put it more succinctly?
    Good job tying in the Vietnam war to drone strikes. They're totally related.

  18. #78
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You don't know much about history do you? Hint: Cambodia
    I think you mean Laos.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Good job tying in the Vietnam war to drone strikes. They're totally related.
    I wasn't the one to tie it in. The person I quoted said we should go in without any regards to neutrality, or national borders, lest they get away. So, in a way, it is related to the Vietnam War.

  20. #80
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am so glad people like you do not serve in my beloved Regiment. Even in war we must have standards, otherwise we are no better than animals.
    Here here! ...also, sadly, welcome to mmochamp.

    OT: they are only evil and war-crime-ish when they are turned on your own people? /facepalm
    I hate to call it, but I think unmanned drones with absolute killing powers roving the streets in packs, working on programming is a very bad idea. But hey, it's cool, maybe someone will hack them and return to sender?
    Just wait untl they run on dna targeting....or maybe they already do?

    Also...I already consider america as a whole to be a war crime nation, completely full of corruption and bad ideals, highly flavoured with the inability to play nice and not be a selfish prick when playing with others.
    Pretty much...I see the entire country as Cartman. Yah I said it. No not you who live there, but if america had a persona, it would be cartman without fail.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2012-10-31 at 01:28 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •