Deleted

Prot DPS tips & tricks

As the topic states, this is a thread for how to maximize the dps on your prot warrior.

I'm looking for some tips to increase my dps aswell, which is the reason I'm making this thread, so if people can share how they are doing also discuss rotations/prio orders and stuff like that.

Hit and expertise caps
    DPS trinkets
    Heroic strike in place of active mitigation
    CD usage
    Proper rotational priority

What do you need to know specifically? Tanks are doing quite a lot due to vengeance stacking already.

Deleted
    I just switched from avatar to DC with BB and the incite glyph, enjoying the shorter cd and more control a lot
    Pool 120 rage, save recklessness, bb, pot and skull banner for execute phase and go to town

On pull, i delay my cd's until vengeance has stacked up a bit.

Any1 know how good the reck glyph is for prot ?
    Already have so low crit chance im unsure which will be more dps.

Another great way of improving DPS as prot, is that when you have another tank tanking (it WILL happen at some point), make sure to keep intervene/safeguard on cooldown. Not only will this lessen the damage on the other tank and make him take 30% less damage for 6 seconds, but you will get a massive vengeance boost without tanking. This amount of vengeance will improve your dps substansially.

Deleted
    Combine Blood Bath with Dragon Breath / Execute for some serious dot ticks
    Use the "kick" glyph for 6% increased damage overall in heroics
    Use full dps items + shield and only use shield block if you have to (heroic dungeons, not raids!). If you get in trouble which will be less than two minutes which I promise just pop SW. I'm running full dps + shield with a smiting heal priest. Dungeons are no problem at all and are over in a matter of minutes.
    Use Leap on CD.
    For some serious AoE dps gather mobs: Blood Bath > Dragon Breath > Leap > Thunderclap

I saw some warriors actually using the Incite glyph. I want to try that myself and macro Deadly Calm into my Devastate macro. Thus once Deadly Calm is active I can Heroic Strike for free.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-10-31 at 02:41 PM.

The pummel glyph is situational, you have to successfully interrupt something for it to take effect. You'd be better off using glyphs that have 100% effectiveness such as hold the line, incite and heavy repercussions.

Deleted
    Sidenote. Blood Bath, Deadly Calm and Dragon Breath are all on a one minute timer. Thus they should be stacked. You will get more Heroics into the Bloodbath tick that way.

For heroic 5mans:
    I assume with high enough mastery, collecting mobs and popping shieldblock should be a good idea? 6 seconds of possible critical blocks which all generate 10 rage and damage mitigation.

Remember that incite-glyph also works with cleave!

For bossfights i'm unsure since almost all rage goes to SBarr, SBlock. I macroed bloodbath with deadly calm and devastate. Together with the incite glyph this is as much rage-free DPS as you can get. I also picked up heavy repercussions and am thinking about swapping unending rage out for hold the line. This would give you a 50% stronger revenge (after parry) and a 50% stronger shieldslam once in a while.

Now that I come to think of it, I'll definitely take hold the line (for the repercussion atm) and see if I can live with 100 rage.

Deleted
    Do not take blood bath, take avatar instead
    Keep Shield Block up as much as you possibly can and spam your revenge and devastate key's, paying attention to proc's and stopping on each one accordingly
    If shield slam comes up, use it. If you get a hold the line or revenge proc swap to revenge, outside of that spam devastate

That's what works for me atleast ^^

Is your Avatar > BB advice regarding DPS? For DPS specs BB is way stronger than Avatar and I'd guess it's the same for prot. For actual mitigation Avatar is indeed better since it increases rage generation, but one should remember that's going away in patch 5.1.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    For heroic 5mans:
    I assume with high enough mastery, collecting mobs and popping shieldblock should be a good idea? 6 seconds of possible critical blocks which all generate 10 rage and damage mitigation.
    Do remember that theres an ICD on the Critical block extra rage gain. 3 secs i believe.

Thanks for bringing that up. Yes, simcraft lists it as 3 sec ICD. Hmm, so shieldblock loses quite a lot of it's contribution to possible damage against multiple targets.

Those 60 rage are better spent in cleaves then I guess?
    Especially when fighting 3+ Mobs is there any way to get more throughput than cleave?
    Of course TC for the dot and the talent of choice (shockwave, Roar, BS) do help, but that's once in a while.