Sound card is messing with my HDMI sound...

Got a problem, whenever I want to watch a movie on my tv (via HDMI from my pc), the sound doesn't go through to the tv.

My headset is playing the audio, the video is just fine. The audio settings show a ton of HDMI options, but they all say "not connected".

Removing the sound card (Xonar Essence STX) from my case solves the problem. This is obviously not an option, as it's annoying to do...

How can I fix this?

Do you have 10 tv's?

http://i.imgur.com/5bgai.jpg

My card has 4 display inputs so you just have to test each of them which port it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Do you have 10 tv's?

http://i.imgur.com/5bgai.jpg

My card has 4 display inputs so you just have to test each of them which port it is.
    I shit you not, after taking out the sound card, even more of those popped up in the list :P 15+ of those were in there... Wth

Deleted
    You don't seem to have the graphics card's HDMI driver installed? Anyway, you need to set your media player to output audio through the correct HDMI audio channel.

It will NOT switch over to outputting audio to your TV just because you move your media player there.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2012-10-31 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    You don't seem to have the graphics card's HDMI driver installed? Anyway, you need to set your media player to output audio through the correct HDMI audio channel.

It will NOT switch over to outputting audio to your TV just because you move your media player there.
    This would be the absolute correct response, same thing with having your headset specifically for mumble skype etc and not playing game sounds or music, it wont do that automatically, and Im sure if it did people would be having a different but very similar issue a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post

My GPU only has DVI and display port... I have to plug the HDMI cable into my mobo...