209. This poll is closed
  • yes

80 38.28%
  • no

129 61.72%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    And what do you think running out of food and water completely would do?
    Same thing, I'd guess. Well, at least people would have one specific person to hate... until he runs out stock or gets stuffed into a trash bin and his shit gets stolen.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    Fair, morally correct, or anything of that sort? Not at all, but they're simply being capitalistic, and taking advantage of a situation to make a profit. If it's worth it in the long run is another question.
    Believe it or not, everything isn't morally and legally acceptable under the guise of capitalism.

Should I charge a woman whose about to be raped and murdered $150 for calling the cops and/or helping her? Should an armed security guard heading home from work do the same if he sees it happening in his backyard? Would either case be legally and/or morally okay?

"Hey! Ofcourse! It's capitalism! What are you? A 'commie'? Yuk Yuk."

Honestly go dig a hole bro.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 04:44 PM ----------

I guess everyone voting yes would also be okay with charging someone having an asthma attack three times the normal price for an asthma inhaler?

I mean cmon it's capitalism baby. And the guy selling the inhaler is 'capitalizing on the unfortunate'. And capitalism =freedom and freedom = awesome amirite?

Some people just make me sick.
    Last edited by Absolem; 2012-11-03 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    Believe it or not, everything isn't morally and legally acceptable under the guise of capitalism.

Should I charge a woman whose about to be raped and murdered $150 for calling the cops and/or helping her? Should an armed security guard heading home from work do the same if he sees it happening in his backyard? Would either case be legally and/or morally okay?

"Hey! Ofcourse! It's capitalism! What are you? A 'commie'? Yuk Yuk."

Honestly go dig a hole bro.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 04:44 PM ----------

I guess everyone voting yes would also be okay with charging someone having an asthma attack three times the normal price for an asthma inhaler?

I mean cmon it's capitalism baby. And the guy selling the inhaler is 'capitalizing on the unfortunate'. And capitalism =freedom and freedom = awesome amirite?

Some people just make me sick.
    Good thing you didn't read all the arguments for price gouging. There really is no argument against allowing prices to rise when demand rises and supply shrinks. The only arguments have been about morality, and they have been misguided because they didn't account for the fact that price controls cause shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    While it makes good business. It lacks compassion. What if a item you marked up is for a sick old grandma who's coughing. Would you charge her more so much she might not be able to take care of herself, or be reasonable. If you want to make max profits and don't care. You'll easily make a ton of dough but ruin life's in the process if you simply don't care then go for it. If you have compassion I would think you wouldn't.
    it doesnt necessarily make good business sense. it does in the short term (assuming it doesnt jeopardize your safety, by creating an angry mob, etc), but long term? if someone gouged you good when you were down would you ever frequent their business when things picked up? look at your grandma example... i would do better keeping her alive and milking her for more money long term than 1 quick hit.

a problem i see with today's business models is too much focus on quarter to quarter and not enough on long term