Thread: lfr difficulty

lfr difficulty

so lately been doing some lfr just to see how hard people have it and I seem not to be able to understand the difficulty behind the 2nd part.

Spirit kings:

- You can sit in annihilate
    - You can dps through Cowardice
    - You don't have to bother freeing MCd people
    - You can sit in Pillage
    - You can sit in Volley
    - You can ignore pinned down people
    - You can skip interrupting SB
    - You can ignore Shadows

Elegon:

- No debuf
    - Adds hp is a joke
    - Boss hp is a joke
    - all adds are a joke
    - pillars do crap dmg
    - the pulsating aoe is a joke since there is no debuff from standing in

So after these 2 encounters being such a joke, you get Will with tons of adds, tanks having to dance else get gibbed, titan gas etc, pretty much exactly the same as normal, but not tuned down enough.

I propose the following changes to Will of the Emperor in order to match the previous:

- Titan gas no longer does dmg to players
    - Remove Rage mobs
    - Remove Focused Defense from Courages so they dont deflect and make them go 50% slower
    - Remove impeding thrust stacks, just make it do dmg nothing else
    - Remove knockdown from Strengths
    - Make their smash radius 5y and not extending
    - Dev combo shouldnt reduce armor, just do 100k
    - Opp strike should be available every 10s you are on boss and remove duration
    - remove stomp
    - remove magnetic armor
    - make it so every 2 minutes only 1 rage, 1 strength OR 1 courage spawn, and half their HP

I think this will bring more people to LFR as currently it is quite a struggle to bring down the last boss.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2012-10-31 at 12:27 AM.

So you want will of the empower to be a tank and spank, joke of a fight? Please stay away from raids - dumbing them down to this level teaches people nothing. At least with some challenge people should feel satisfied that they got a kill.

I did find it funny when doing LFR yesterday and 15 people left straight after Elegon died though. They didn't even want to attempt will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wiped for an hour straight on Emperor because people are idiots and don't kill adds, and don't know how to stay away from the cleave.
    The group completely fell apart 'till I was solo sitting in the queue. So I left, queued again last night and 1 shot the fight.
    The fight's difficulty depends on player skill. If people know the fight and execute mechanics to at least 25% capacity, then the fight will be easy enough.

should just remove the adds all together. have the entire fight just be dev combo and have the game slap your hand each time you get hit, then collect loot.

i can agree, every other boss is literally "tank and spank". elegon is "move off the falling platform + tank and spank". then will of the emperor requires you to actually look at your computer screen. i'd say keep the mechanics and if needed to lower adds HP a bit and lower boss's damage a bit.

Im not sure if this is a troll post or not....

Will does seem overtuned for LFR. You can brute-force it with a strong healer blasting some 60-70k hps for most of the fight, but with the morons you find in LFR who struggle to sustain 20k hps while the tank is standing there taking two thirds of the aoes to the face, and melee get hit even more, it's hard to get through this fight without bringing a couple of guildie healers/tanks along to carry the group.

All the other LFR fights are basically just stand there and take everythingto the face, ignoring all mechanics other than the floor on elegon. If they want LFR to require actual thinkin then they should be more consistent about it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

20K hps? you must have got a good group.

Yesterday on Spirit Kings had 2 guildies - monk @ 70K hps, Pally @ 40K hps followed by pugs -3 priests all doing 8-13K hps and a resto shaman doing 6K hps.

Deleted
    I think it's good that at least the last boss provides some challenge - even if it's LFR. The other bosses bar Elegon if you have too many morons are a joke and you can pretty much afk your way through it.

First time I did Elegon in LFR, only 4 people survived when the floor disappeared. It was myself, 2 guildies and another person from our server. The rest fell through the floor - AFTER we spammed chat with MOVE OUT NOW!

So I guess with that in mind, maybe Will of Emperor is a bit over tuned for LFR lol. But in all honesty, it's about time that the average LFR person (people who only do LFR) actually have to put in some effort for their epics.

Everything seems fine to me, I've ran both now for weeks and they only take around 30m each, haven't wiped yet except for the first week when half the raid fell on elegon.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Everything seems fine to me, I've ran both now for weeks and they only take around 30m each, haven't wiped yet except for the first week when half the raid fell on elegon.
    Same here, if anything the mechanics on the earlier bosses are a bit too dumbed down. LFR should atleast require people to pay attention to fight mechanics rather than just stand and nuke. The dumbing down the OP is suggesting just leads to lazy bad players who don't know how to not stand in fire.

Yeah, I haven't had issues with Will in LFR. I think only the first week I did it had one wipe, and that was it. You can mostly brute force it.

Usually once you explain the fight, you one shot it.. so don't go there expecting people to know what to do. Dragon Soul was not harder than that, it became a joke once everybody knew what to do.

Deleted
    So far have had 1 wipe on Will in LFR. Like many it was on first week and all the dps pretty much ignored the adds, melees stood on the cleaves etc. Still it was 20% wipe even when pretty much everything went wrong, don't see a reason for it to be any more easier than it already is.

i like the design of one faceroll LFR followed by a more involved 2nd half. i hope the coming pair follow suit.

Agree - they should reduce the hp by another 50% on everything there. It's just raidfinder it's supposed to be a joke.