Thread: expertise

expertise

so I was running a random dungeon and inspected a warlock that had reforged to expertise

am I missing something I didn't know about the class, does this effect you pets dodge/parry chance

was kind of not sure even though i've been playing this game years because it was so strange

Expertise counts as spell hit. This also lets you get dual hit stats on pieces that already have hit.

How people miss this stuff is beyond me. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Most people don't read patch notes or come into contact with enough people that do to have this kind of odd information filter throughout the community yet. And I'm pretty sure there'll be rerollers and returners in next tier and beyond that ask this same question, it's just not an obvious thing to have expertise as a caster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I thought you would know by now considering you've been on Anachronos for a while. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Iraedey View Post
    Expertise counts as spell hit. This also lets you get dual hit stats on pieces that already have hit.
    Correct. Although getting hit cap'd even in Heroic Dungeon gear shouldn't really require worrying about reforging into expertise.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Correct. Although getting hit cap'd even in Heroic Dungeon gear shouldn't really require worrying about reforging into expertise.
    You can reforge unfavorable secondary stats to expertise, if the item already has hit. For example, if you're an affli lock, it would be better to reforge crit into exp on an item with hit/crit than reforging some stat from another piece of armor with mastery/haste on it. That's some extreme form of min-maxing though.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

On a side note, does anyone know site that takes into account this feature? Wowreforge is mostly up, but unfortunately don't seem to be able grasp concept of hitcap = hit+exp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    On a side note, does anyone know site that takes into account this feature? Wowreforge is mostly up, but unfortunately don't seem to be able grasp concept of hitcap = hit+exp.
    AskMrRobot takes expertise into account, but be sure to input your own stats weights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforgelite is better in so many ways.

I actually seen a lock get booted from an LFR for this. Same LFR that on elegon a dude said "Wow, Im so glad they put in that invisible wall" and four people fell off immediately. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Reforgelite is better in so many ways.
    QFT. In-game reforge addon is a must these days. Type in weights, hit calculate, and auto-reforge everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornian View Post
    I actually seen a lock get booted from an LFR for this. Same LFR that on elegon a dude said "Wow, Im so glad they put in that invisible wall" and four people fell off immediately. /facepalm
    I did that today. And some self righteous "adult" got all pissy, telling me to grow up and shit.
    I made some joke about him quitting wow to save money to have the stick surgically removed from his ass, laughed as he died from falling during the elegon fight, and didnt hear from him again.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 02:39 AM ----------

Also. Are y'all trolling, because I had no idea that expertise actually gives them hit... I'm highly skeptical to believe that, but you're all so very convincing.
    I gave a mage shit for gemming expertise yesterday, I'd like to know whether or not I was in the wrong.

As a Human Warlock, the racial for +1% expertise on swords is awesome if your using a caster sword.
    1% less hit needed then

Deleted
    expertie is spell hit for all classes which makes it easier for paladins, dks and rogues reaching 15% for thier spells like poison that depend on spellhit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I did that today. And some self righteous "adult" got all pissy, telling me to grow up and shit.
    I made some joke about him quitting wow to save money to have the stick surgically removed from his ass, laughed as he died from falling during the elegon fight, and didnt hear from him again.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 02:39 AM ----------

Also. Are y'all trolling, because I had no idea that expertise actually gives them hit... I'm highly skeptical to believe that, but you're all so very convincing.
    I gave a mage shit for gemming expertise yesterday, I'd like to know whether or not I was in the wrong.
    just google it. alot of trustworthy sited report it as a 5.0.4 change. just can't find the official blue post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    As a Human Warlock, the racial for +1% expertise on swords is awesome if your using a caster sword.
    1% less hit needed then
    Using Klaxxi sword because of this, it's awesome getting free hit. If I have bad luck (which I'm prone too wwith weapons, didn't get Lightning Rod till last few weeks of DS) I'm at least having a decent weapon till I can get into Terrace for the weapons in there.