Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Has anyone tried to kill you?

An honest, but deep question. Have you ever encountered someone who visibly had the intention to murder you,be it a thug, or actual psychopath? And how have you changed from the ordeal since?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not of which I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sister's cat. ._.

I worked at a gas station around 10-12 years ago. One Sunday night I had a guy come in about 10 minutes before closing time and shove a gun in my face demanding money. I'd say that's probably the closest I've come to having someone try to kill me.

It didn't really change me overall. For about 3 months afterwards I was paranoid of everyone, but, I've gotten over it since.

that i saw? no. but some folks did try to kill me, set an IED in the path of my convoy.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Deleted
    Nothing like this has ever happened to me before and I hope it doesn't in the near/distant future.

Years ago when I was playing battlefield 2142(I think?) I would load up those big planes and fly them into something and parachute out killing a couple people, it was pretty funny, but some guy told me he was going to cut my testicles off and kill me or something, I found it hilarious then and I still do when I think about it.

Then there was another time where I was playing Diablo 2 with a friend of mine and his friend was in the game, he said I stole his shrine or something and threatened to come to my school and beat me and another friend that was in the game with a baseball bat (this was when I was in maybe the 7th or 8th grade). From what I remember, my other friend went to hide in some building with all the teachers and I was just sitting on a bench outside, I think he actually showed up(maybe with a bat) but nothing happened. The guy was pretty crazy, and from what I know, now he sits at home unemployed smoking pot, guess life worked out for him.

That's about all the fights I have semi-been in, pretty uneventful.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-31 at 03:19 AM.

Not as such. The closest it's ever came to that was when my mother tried to push me off a balcony when I was about 6-7ish. It was only the second floor though so in retrospect I probably would have been fine. As for changing, I don't know for sure, but I'm pertty sure I can blame my acrophobia on that incident.

Deleted
    Many times when in Afghanistan and once when a disgruntled soldier took me hostage on base back in Blighty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone tried to knife me once, though they decided it was a good idea to try in a very crowed room, I don't think they were trying to kill me though, probably just intimidate me, though I decided this was not a good assumption to make with a guy with a knife.

No one has that I know of. I hope it stays that way for a long time.

Nearly got killed a few times when I was little, war isnt for little kids, who would've thought it lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 11 months in Iraq. Does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Someone tried to hit me over the head with a heavy microphone stand (the kind with the thick metal base, not the tripods). Not sure if he actually meant to kill me, but he probably could have. Pretty mean drunk.

Deleted
    I don't think so. If someone did, then I didn't notice it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been aggressed, attacked, and injured. I've also been promised numerous times by someone or other that they were going to kill me.

But oddly, now that I reflect on it, I don't think it's ever been escalated to the point of actual attempted murder. So, I would say: "Not yet". :p

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    yes some crazy cultist wanted to sacrifice me to his saints during a period of their religious festivities(in which children are known to "disappear") he wanted me to accompany him to his house to "help him open the door" I was 8 at the time... I ran like the wind.
    P.S. this is dead serious those santeros take their saints fking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to? No.

Threatened to (and meant it)? My brother. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there was an asshole who pulled out in front of me that I almost hit at 45 mph.

But I suppose that doesn't count as attempted murder. Just an idiot driver.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    An honest, but deep question. Have you ever encountered someone who visibly had the intention to murder you,be it a thug, or actual psychopath? And how have you changed from the ordeal since?
    Does it count if your step mother empties her semi-automatic at you?, embedding the bullets in the door frame next to your head?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.