Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Elegon and possible changes?

So it seems - and I may be paranoid - that they made some changes to Elegon.

I've read on certain user posts, and seem to be able to confirm it by logs, that they increased the damage done by certain abilities. Such as the sparks during phase 2. (At least on 10Man normal). Also, the enrage timer for DBM now reads a whopping 9 minutes, up from 6, however I saw the fight go BEYOND the 9 minute timer tonight. Actually it was tipping almost 11 minutes, and Elegon did not enrage. I've seen no patch notes from Blizzard, but they also said nothing about increasing some of his damaging abilities slightly, which they clearly have.

Is there any confirmation of an ACTUAL enrage timer and if they did indeed change the fight around a bit to turn it in to a three heal fight? Because that's what it feels like. Longer enrage timer, more damage from certain abilities - add another healer! But again, even after ten minutes, he had yet to enrage and I've had no luck finding anything about his enrage timer. If they even still have it.

If anyone else can confirm this, I'd love to know.

My 10 man is currently struggling on elegon (anticipating doing heart of fear over him), and being able to run 3 healers would simplify a lot.

I've seen it done with three healers. To do so, you need to push for 5/5 sparks. Though I've seen 5/4 and even 4/4 pull it off. HOWEVER, that was going by the DBM raid timer or 9 minutes. They dropped it with about 30 seconds left. Of course, who's to say that even after the timer ran up, he would have enraged? Two minutes after he was supposed to tonight and he never did.

But if you're looking for three heals, then it's kill one guardian, push to 85%. Kill the second in draw power. Then go for (most likely) 5/5. 5/4 if nothing else. 4/4 would be very close but possible if your DPS are already high.

Really how you transition from P1-P2 with the guardians makes a lot of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellaida View Post
    So it seems - and I may be paranoid - that they made some changes to Elegon.

I've read on certain user posts, and seem to be able to confirm it by logs, that they increased the damage done by certain abilities. Such as the sparks during phase 2. (At least on 10Man normal). Also, the enrage timer for DBM now reads a whopping 9 minutes, up from 6, however I saw the fight go BEYOND the 9 minute timer tonight. Actually it was tipping almost 11 minutes, and Elegon did not enrage. I've seen no patch notes from Blizzard, but they also said nothing about increasing some of his damaging abilities slightly, which they clearly have.

Is there any confirmation of an ACTUAL enrage timer and if they did indeed change the fight around a bit to turn it in to a three heal fight? Because that's what it feels like. Longer enrage timer, more damage from certain abilities - add another healer! But again, even after ten minutes, he had yet to enrage and I've had no luck finding anything about his enrage timer. If they even still have it.
    the enrage timer has always been 9.5 minutes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post

My 10 man is currently struggling on elegon (anticipating doing heart of fear over him), and being able to run 3 healers would simplify a lot.
    dont take elegon off the table entirely - garalon (third boss in HoF) currently has an absurdly strict enrage timer that you will probably need heroic MSV gear to beat.

If you feel like you need 3 healers on elegon either your healers arent being very efficient or your raid is taking too much avoidable damage or not using damage reduction/healing abilities. For example, mages should be temporal shielding the protector explosions, ferals can use their PS procs to heal then, if you have a warlock use healthstones etc. Elegon is NOT a strict dps check or a healer check, it is a 'perform mechanics cleanly' check.

My first run in, the enrage timer was just under seven. Could have been inaccurate, but still.
    That doesn't change the fact that the fight went well over two minutes past the 9.5 minute DBM timer and still no enrage.

Anyone else notice this? Unfortunately, I wasn't keeping track.

I hadn't been either. It caught me off guard.
    I've been scouring the internet for answers all evening.

Hopefully someone will stumble across this.

Would make the fight much easier for so many people if we can get a confirmation. If they did indeed change the enrage timer, it'd be nice to know what it is so we can adjust accordingly.

Or if it's just a bug that'll be hotfixed.
    Last edited by Ellaida; 2012-10-31 at 04:28 AM.

Can't confirm or deny anything, but I would really like to know since we've had some problems with elegon.

It seems they want people to 3 heal it, because if they are increasing the outgoing damage from the boss AND increasing his enrage timer, that's the logical option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin View Post
    Can't confirm or deny anything, but I would really like to know since we've had some problems with elegon.

It seems they want people to 3 heal it, because if they are increasing the outgoing damage from the boss AND increasing his enrage timer, that's the logical option.
    According to one post, it's always been 9.5 minutes. As I said, I know at one point I saw a 6.5 minute timer but that may have been a DBM bug, or something they hotfixed. I know now it's, according to DBM, 9.5 minutes. Even though he didn't enrage at the end. I did catch a post about the sparks in P2 and I checked our logs over the last few weeks and they are indeed doing more damage. The exact percent I can't say, but based on the live fight (as a healer, I see this damage live) and our logs, they are indeed doing more. But for something like that you'd expect a patch note. Then again, if we're going back to BC, it wouldn't be the first time they adjusted bosses without notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    we found our way out of this by doing it 2heal instead of 3heal and the problem isn't the enrage timer . It's how much dps your ppl can pull at the final phase (and how many raid wide healing cds you have)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    we found our way out of this by doing it 2heal instead of 3heal and the problem isn't the enrage timer . It's how much dps your ppl can pull at the final phase (and how many raid wide healing cds you have)
    We did do it two heal, and over the last couple of weeks, I've felt an increase in damage being taken by the raid. They're a smart core and consistent at that. But as a priest, I'm finding myself going oom where I wasn't two weeks ago. Same mechanics. Then we tossed a third healer in there just to try and sure enough, we were surviving. Overhealing meters weren't outrageous (which is a good sign), and the enrage timer went OVER the posted timer.. so that's why I'm trying to figure out if they increased/removed his timer to compensate to make it a three heal fight. Which they may have done. It's not common for Blizzard to have many multi-spec fights in the first raid or two of an expansion. Mainly knowing people may not have an offspec geared up. Gara is an example where they did, but on a mechanic fight like Elegon, it seems unlikely. If tonight was a bug and he was supposed to enrage, three healers won't work. We'll just have to deal with more damage. But without knowing, we can't build new strategies around the mechanics.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 03:22 PM ----------

With the new day, I was wondering if after last night's raids, anyone may have stumbled upon this?

working on elegon tonight, will update this thread if we find the enrage timer going past the DBM timer.

Quote Originally Posted by airynmanj View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that the fight went well over two minutes past the 9.5 minute DBM timer and still no enrage.
    We got our first kill last night and had a couple of wipes to the enrage timer less than ten minutes. If you saw it go beyond to 11 minutes, either your clock is wrong, it was a bug or you're lying. Pick your favorite.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post

A piece of advice from someone who recently done both Elegon and the first boss of Heart of Fear, if you can't two-heal Elegon you're going to have major issues on the first boss within Heart of Fear (Already forgotten his name!). We had to three heal it in the end because the amount of damage taken by the Force & Verve.

Deleted
    we have never even seen the enrage time if we wipe , it it because of the aoe damage on the last 20%, we always do 4/4 and use the 5th wave to burn down the boss a a bit more

Can you link a Log?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellaida View Post
    My first run in, the enrage timer was just under seven. Could have been inaccurate, but still.
    unless the dungeon journal says other wise the standard enrage timer is 10 minuets

Any tips on the cosmic sparks in Ph3??? they seem to kick the shit out of our tanks. Im havign them kite as much as possible when they get overrun but we're facing like 15-20 CS on each side of the room and they're beating us down? Are we doing somethign wrong?

We had 3 pugs in last night so it was really ugly, plus it was our first night on elegon.