Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes I'd suggest switching every 40ish seconds which I dont think is possible with only 3 kiters

reference my post here for maths

just watched nihilum kill the boss at 6m 32seconds, seems the enrage was hotfixed, unsure of new enrage timer, possibly 7min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComaCanadian View Post
    just watched nihilum kill the boss at 6m 32seconds, seems the enrage was hotfixed, unsure of new enrage timer, possibly 7min.
    Hope that's just in 25man.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by ComaCanadian View Post
    I wouldn't be sure. We have wipes on WOL due to enrage at anywhere from 6:05 to 6:22 according to WOL. seems like he takes his time sometimes

Considering very few 10/30 parses go to ~6:10-13, while a bunch of 10/31 go to 6:20-30+ I'd say it was hotfixed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty retarded if they hotfixed a fight that was tuned tightly, yet killable. Seems they did though, sigh.

Was pretty happy to have some content actually be tuned fairly tightly. Guess not.

Deleted
    I dont think it was supposed to be tuned that tightly on normal, hc i'd agree with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synvilla View Post
    I dont think it was supposed to be tuned that tightly on normal, hc i'd agree with it.
    The tuning is based off of people having a certain gear level for the fight. That's the reason that Blizzard gave when they announced the staggering releases of the raids.

If it isn't actually the case that people need a higher gear level, why stagger the raids in the first place (outside of artificially extending the content)?

We killed the fight in 14 pulls. It was tuned tightly, and wasn't a complete pushover like the first 2 bosses. It actually made killing the fight feel enjoyable. Tune heroics even tighter. Force people to gear up even further if they don't have the skill to brute force through fights.

Deleted
    Do strong dps and don't suck

Looking at the WoL reports coming in from EU guilds it definately a 7 minute enrage now, also on 10 man. SOOOOO glad we spent 3 hours working on the last 3-4% last night.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Well if they did add 1 minute to his timer, he's going to be extremely easy now

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a normal encounter, go flaunt your Cutting Edge Will of the Emperor in my face when I kill it at 10 or 15%, but please don't give me content I have to have Heroic MSV gear to do on NORMAL, especially if your RNG luck sucks in 10 man and get healing plate with no Hpala and have a healer still wearing 463s and melee (myself) rocking 463 weapons. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I play BM hunter.... a class that has absolutely no cleave abilities. I feel sort of useless.

Just wiped on 14% (not due to enrage) and have a feeling i'm going to have to be benched on this fight as i'm only pulling around 70k dps vs our mage on nearly 110k, Frost Dk on 97k, ret pala 90k and aflliction lock on 84k. We are currently 3 healing it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    It's a normal encounter, go flaunt your Cutting Edge Will of the Emperor in my face when I kill it at 10 or 15%, but please don't give me content I have to have Heroic MSV gear to do on NORMAL, especially if your RNG luck sucks in 10 man and get healing plate with no Hpala and have a healer still wearing 463s and melee (myself) rocking 463 weapons. Thanks.
    It isn't about achievements. It's about gear.

Most guilds that killed it at the 6 minute enrage have heroics down in MSV. Why does this matter? They have 502 pieces. Garalon drops 496 pieces. Therefore, the tuning on that fight is tuned for a higher ilvl than normals in MSV.

If you don't have the gear to kill a fight, you either have to out-skill it or have very good raiders that can push extra damage out than what others can.

If you only do MSV normal, you'll get to 489 ilvl, which still isn't even as high as the gear that drops from Garalon.

The idea is that raiders have to do each raid to be able to progress into the next. If you haven't been farming MSV enough for gear, then you'll be behind when it's time to jump into HoF, which will inevitably slow down your progression (or halt it altogether).

Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    Pretty retarded if they hotfixed a fight that was tuned tightly, yet killable. Seems they did though, sigh.

Was pretty happy to have some content actually be tuned fairly tightly. Guess not.
    Because it's a normal mode and so it should be killable by people who only do normal modes and only have normal mode gear. The people that have killed it so far all have heroic gear so imagine if you don't have heroic gear and you aren't someone good enough to be in the top 200 guilds or whatever... you'd have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Because it's a normal mode and so it should be killable by people who only do normal modes and only have normal mode gear. The people that have killed it so far all have heroic gear so imagine if you don't have heroic gear and you aren't someone good enough to be in the top 200 guilds or whatever... you'd have no chance.
    How do you get heroic gear if you don't kill the bosses on regular first?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How do you get heroic gear if you don't kill the bosses on regular first?
    He's talking about MSV Heroic.

MSV normals were tuned keeping in mind that people would be in mostly 463 blues with a few odd Epics here and there. MSV Heroics were tuned assuming people were in in mostly MSV normal Epics (489s).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Please explain why it MUST be killable on the very first week the raid is released.
    Before you do, tell me all about your perfect-world NORMAL MODE raid team that cleared MSV on the release week, has gotten loot off every token, capped vp every week, capped all reps that give free epics, and killed galleon on every respawn. Because that's the only way your raid is even close to fully decked out in MSV-ilvl gear.

In my opinion it's an absolutely absurd expectation that all the raid bosses are going to fall over for you the moment they're released before you've even had a chance to gear up in the previous raid. We aren't going from 6 months of Firelands to a new instance, we're going from a maximum of a month of MSV to a new instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    Please explain why it MUST be killable on the very first week the raid is released.
    Before you do, tell me all about your perfect-world NORMAL MODE raid team that cleared MSV on the release week, has gotten loot off every token, capped vp every week, capped all reps that give free epics, and killed galleon on every respawn. Because that's the only way your raid is even close to fully decked out in MSV-ilvl gear.

In my opinion it's an absolutely absurd expectation that all the raid bosses are going to fall over for you the moment they're released before you've even had a chance to gear up in the previous raid. We aren't going from 6 months of Firelands to a new instance, we're going from a maximum of a month of MSV to a new instance.

because its not burning crusade anymore. raiding is different. normals fall over for people who push heroic content, and take some time for people who don't. three weeks of heroic vaults gear means you should be able to "skip" normal mode progression.

our raid has done most of what you describe, and our average item level is 385. garalon STILL feels harder than a normal mode boss should. i'm not crying about it, but i am skeptical that this is intended design. most people who just raid to "see content" should be able to clear the 3rd boss of heart of fear without too many issues.
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-10-31 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    because its not burning crusade anymore. raiding is different. normals fall over for people who push heroic content, and take some time for people who don't. three weeks of heroic vaults gear means you should be able to "skip" normal mode progression.
    The majority of my raid isn't in heroic MSV gear.

The guild i'm in is 2/6H - (although i'm 4/6H myself) - and the dps in the team only have about 2-3 pieces of heroic gear between then.

We still beat the enrage by 23 seconds, before the hotfix - so it was easily doable providing your dps actually play properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins