Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    because its not burning crusade anymore. raiding is different. normals fall over for people who push heroic content, and take some time for people who don't. three weeks of heroic vaults gear means you should be able to "skip" normal mode progression.

our raid has done most of what you describe, and our average item level is 385. garalon STILL feels harder than a normal mode boss should. i'm not crying about it, but i am skeptical that this is intended design. most people who just raid to "see content" should be able to clear the 3rd boss of heart of fear without too many issues.
    they got LFR , i am tired of peoples like you, stop cry that some normal bosses are in the difficuilt/tact range of T11 and not dragon soul QQ
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2012-10-31 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    our best attempts are enrage wipes at 17-20%. the healing requirements are so high it seems like you have to 3 heal, but the dps requirements are so high it seems like you can't 3 heal. it really feels like a hardmode boss.
    We went in with this impression aswell. 5 tries later without any previous experience it was down. I really don't get what's so hard about it. If your dps can't pull those numbers in 385 gear I don't know what to say really. There's absolutely nothing to it, keep killing the legs that are close to the ranged camp and skip those that are on the opposite side of the boss. Have the tanks and one ranged dps do the kiting (we used a hunter, prot pally and a guardian druid).

Our second try was a 1% wipe due to enrage so yes, I guess you could say the enrage is a bit tight, but there's absolutely nothing to it as long as all the other stuff is being done correctly.

Edit: We are all in 380-390 ilvl gear. Yes I realize this thread is for 25man, and yeah I know it's much harder there. But I don't see why any 10man guild in appropriate gear would have any issues with this boss.
    Last edited by dnlEHEH; 2012-10-31 at 11:29 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

Quote Originally Posted by dnlEHEH View Post
    Yes I realize this thread is for 25man, and yeah I know it's much harder there. But I don't see why any 10man guild in appropriate gear would have any issues with this boss.
    thread wasnt *for* 25m, i simply only had information on 25m at that time. Fight difficulty does not seem significantly different in 10 vs 25m, the strategy that you use has to shift slightly but thats about it.

Also, you refer to 385 as 'appropriate' gear - not a single person in my raid group has reached that ilvl.

25m enrage is obviously harder than 10m.
    We beat it on 10m by 55 seconds (if the DBM timer is correct) using 2 heals 0 tanks (plate dps soaking) and always leaving a leg up for the rogue to blade flurry.

If you want to squeeze max dps out; bring rogues, consider having your tanks switch to dps, best kiters are hunters/ele sham. Also use bloodlust/heroism on the pull and have a healer do pheremones first (damage is lowest at start so its easier for healer to move then, and all of your dps will get max uptime with their cds).

*edit* can confirm the dbm timer was accurate pre nerf, using these strategies we had a 5:05 kill. Its really not as overtuned as everyone seems to be complaining.
    --> holy paladin PoV http://youtu.be/Kr1rjr6HHAU?hd=1
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-01 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    25m enrage is obviously harder than 10m.
    We beat it on 10m by 53 seconds (if the DBM timer is correct) using 2 heals 0 tanks (plate dps soaking) and always leaving a leg up for the rogue to blade flurry.
    not that I particularly want to get into this argument, but bring 5 heals 0 tanks and 2 rogues in a 25m and you'll get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by dnlEHEH View Post
    We went in with this impression aswell. 5 tries later without any previous experience it was down. I really don't get what's so hard about it.
    Apparently they hotfixed it to a 7 minute enrage, it was 6 minutes, and you killed it post-hotfix. Just saying is all, not trying to start anything haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    not that I particularly want to get into this argument, but bring 5 heals 0 tanks and 2 rogues in a 25m and you'll get the same result.
    Its probably not practical to bring 0 tanks in 25m because the swipe hits so much harder. I was just expressing the way we maximized dps to try and be helpful. OP said 10m perspectives were welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just lol. You openly admit that the DPS is much tigher in a 25 man, due to HAVING to cut healers, to make THAT part of the fight almost impossible. When a fight has 1 healer more in 25 than in 10, you know something's wrong (Ragnaros Heroic, anyone?).

OT, can anyone tell me what is "best" for Garalon - a melee or a ranged heavy setup? Melee has the movement but gets the buff, ranged gets to stand and nuke, I guess.
    Moderators contributing to 10/25 whine on a non related OP, really intelligent...

And cleaving melee.

Deleted
    Created an account just for this, 10m guild without a single piece of heroic gear, average ilvl is probably in the high 470's low 480's.
    By the time we got to Garalon it'd been hotfixed to the 7 min enrage, we managed a kill as he was enraging, probably 3 seconds to spare.

Got a video (tank PoV) up on youtube watch?v= Rvkrugik60E can't post links but that's the video ID, I was also having a nightmare with micro lag spikes during the boss causing the frame skips on own3d and then bigger ones causing server desyncs around halfway through.
    Last edited by mmocc654196f43; 2012-11-01 at 04:49 AM.

(my guild found Amber-Shaper to be harder than the 6 minute enrage Garalon, but Amber-Shaper isn't a popular topic yet. I predict it will be though)
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2012-11-01 at 07:29 AM.
    Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Apparently they hotfixed it to a 7 minute enrage, it was 6 minutes, and you killed it post-hotfix. Just saying is all, not trying to start anything haha.
    lol we killed it in about 10 minutes with the new enrage timer, but thanks for playing. oops meant to quote the dude you were quoting
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-11-01 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Its probably not practical to bring 0 tanks in 25m because the swipe hits so much harder. I was just expressing the way we maximized dps to try and be helpful. OP said 10m perspectives were welcome.
    Good point, didn't think of that. If that 600k number is correct that's probably a one-shot on non-tanks. In 25m attempts I saw tank damage was rather low, but I wonder if it should be. I wish more tanks (that streamed) ran a vengeance tracker.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    (my guild found Amber-Shaper to be harder than the 6 minute enrage Garalon, but Amber-Shaper isn't a popular topic yet. I predict it will be though)
    Amber-Shaper looks to be a rough fight, but seems to be a mechanics challenge. Garalon became a popular topic because mechanically it's not all that difficult, but the enrage posed a serious problem to less-geared or otherwise low-dps guilds. Garalon's new enrage leaves him still probably harder than the first two bosses, but not significantly so. I definitely agree that boss 4 and 5 topics will start springing up soon

Will this boss be griefable on LFR? I can imagine griefers popping defensive CDs and running under the boss to intentionally force extra Crushes, or repeatedly stealing Pheromones to accomplish the same thing.

What about Amber-Shaper and intentionally not interrupting Amber Explosion or Amber Striking the raid?

These mechanics are really fun, but they would probably have to be nerfed to the ground to prevent LFR trolls.

Never, they're going to have to nerf them into the ground or add some kind of cooldown/debuff for LFR, since you can just troll the raid by running thru 500 Wind Bombs, including the stuff you mentioned.

Dint acually make it to the enrage last night due to failure on simple stuff, but at least me (Enhancement Shaman) and the Frost DK in my group were steadily hanging around 100k dps, so if people can manage to stay properly on legs when they are up, i dont realy see the enrage timer as THAT big of a problem (10man that is)

well, you could troll people on spine by killing the corruptions. I guess these trolls will get kicked after an obvious wipe and prolly get banned really quickly
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-11-01 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maefor View Post
    our tank DPS was at around 30k, and the middle of the pack DPS was at around 50-60k, this is accounting the 100% buff.
    Any tank doing 30k should be ashamed, i do 30k while afk'ing...

10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed his enrage to 7 minutes now. It should be considerably easier as a result.

Deleted
    Same story as elegon, seems hard and overtuned the first day, then loads of guilds kill it over the course of the week.

As for LFR, the journal makes no mention of crushes when pheremones get passed off, and the crush when you run under him is only 75k physical damage but still 800k to the people under him at the time. There may be some way to grief people, but the fight's nerfed so far into the ground in typical LFR fashion that it's probably a non-issue.