Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garalon DPS Help.

On this fight I am only doing around 77k. I am wondering if anyone has tips to do more. I am playing BM at the moment.

I also kite the boss though as well; which is sort of a DPS loss for a bit. We are getting boss to 20% and hitting enrage. Wanting to squeeze all the DPS out I can. I prepot and do most my rotation fine; it's just our melee are crushing all the ranged.

Thanks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably tough for people to give you much help, I know a lot of guilds didn't raid much tonight due to Hurricane Sandy, and guilds not raiding the new instance. The fight has a really tough enrage right now.

Did they finally fix it where KC works on Garalon now? it didn't used to work on beta due to his body being a "flying" unit.

Quote Originally Posted by hakai View Post
    On this fight I am only doing around 77k. I am wondering if anyone has tips to do more. I am playing BM at the moment.

I also kite the boss though as well; which is sort of a DPS loss for a bit. We are getting boss to 20% and hitting enrage. Wanting to squeeze all the DPS out I can. I prepot and do most my rotation fine; it's just our melee are crushing all the ranged.

Thanks.
    Do you have logs?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Logs were bugged tonight

Logs were bugged tonight
    Even without the boss detection, it would still help.

Just a question - maybe silly one - Furious swipe does 300 k physical damage. Is it possible to not use any tanks at all? Cos I have like 400 k raid buffed on my ret pally and 40,9% damage reduction from armor... Do you think using 8 dps, 2 healers should help?

I mean they didn't even work >.<

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Just a question - maybe silly one - Furious swipe does 300 k physical damage. Is it possible to not use any tanks at all? Cos I have like 400 k raid buffed on my ret pally and 40,9% damage reduction from armor... Do you think using 8 dps, 2 healers should help?
    Only 300k on 10 o.o does 600k on 25 I guess in ten man it'd work

Only 300k on 10 o.o does 600k on 25 I guess in ten man it'd work
    Even 600 k should be survivable - Ele shammy and Resto shammy should easily survive the hit with some good chunk of hp remaining if they are wielding a shield...

10+ Year Old Account
    You would oom your healers extremely fast. The constant pheromone damage plus occasional crushes means you will not survive after being hit with the swipe.

-*Mersynd* - *Entensity* - *Stormscale US* - *Sig by Shyama*-

Quote Originally Posted by Livets View Post
    You would oom your healers extremely fast. The constant pheromone damage plus occasional crushes means you will not survive after being hit with the swipe.
    Is the damage that significantly different from beta? Because on beta, tanks were sitting on full hp almost all the time. That's why I was thinking that not using tanks should be fine...

Edit: maybe tank in deeps gear, everything helps when you are struggling to squeeze as much dps as possible and as far as I know, normal mode does not require any dodge/parry/block/other tanking stats... Right?
    Last edited by Grimbold of Skullcrusher; 2012-10-31 at 06:15 AM.

I'm not seeing the real need for more than one tank (obviously need one for heroic), so having a hunter soak with the tank might be viable. We have 35% phys from armor and 15% from hawk. So that basically means 300k / 2 = 150k * (.35 + .15)... so around 75k. 75k every 10-15s is really not even that much. If the phermone person gets high stack we can even pop deterrence and reduce it all.

Edit: Also asked in my other post if hunters were seeing a buff on their pet or knew if we gave it in the blue.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-10-31 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I'm not seeing the real need for more than one tank (obviously need one for heroic), so having a hunter soak with the tank might be viable. We have 35% phys from armor and 15% from hawk. So that basically means 300k / 2 = 150k * (.35 + .15)... so around 75k. 75k every 10-15s is really not even that much. If the phermone person gets high stack we can even pop deterrence and reduce it all.

Edit: Also asked in my other post if hunters were seeing a buff on their pet or knew if we gave it in the blue.
    The damage from cone attack is split?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:09 PM ----------

Inflicts 300000 Physical damage to targets in a large cone in front of Garalon. If Garalon fails to hit at least 2 targets, he will become furious. - seems its not split, juts 300 k to everyone...

The damage from cone attack is split?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:09 PM ----------

Inflicts 300000 Physical damage to targets in a large cone in front of Garalon. If Garalon fails to hit at least 2 targets, he will become furious. - seems its not split, juts 300 k to everyone...
    You're right. Read it wrong. That's still not even going to be that much. Or ya just put a plate / shield person.

Edit: I am sure it could work with your main tank in dps gear and someone with shield / mail with stam flask.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-10-31 at 11:13 AM.

You're right. Read it wrong. That's still not even going to be that much. Or ya just put a plate / shield person.

Edit: I am sure it could work with your main tank in dps gear and someone with shield / mail with stam flask.
    Yea i'd say plate deeps or shaman with shield should be allright.

Garalon's Weak Points Buff does not transfer to pets. Youre doing fine with 77k tbh.
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggypac View Post
    Garalon's Weak Points Buff does not transfer to pets. Youre doing fine with 77k tbh.
    A hunter at 77k versus everyone else pushing 100k is a very big deal.

A hunter at 77k versus everyone else pushing 100k is a very big deal.
    Not really. When he has the pheromones, he's kiting the boss. When he's kiting the boss, he can't get in the extra damage zone. 100% extra damage is a lot. Not to mention the damage buff doesn't transfer to the pet and BM can't cleave like other classes on the fight.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ran some 10m attempts on this fight tonight (Due to Sandy Absences, God Bless all affected), I can safely say hunters are very very far behind on this boss. I was sat tonight by my raid group for extra DPS, and that's never a good feeling. Looking at logs, it seems like most hunters in 10m are doing about 10% of the raids damage, which is right where I was consistantly.

Really wanting a bow and some more gear at this point. This blue weapon is killing me.

I tryed both BM and SV on this fight, and really feel I was better off as BM with a defensive pet and keeping it on the boss. Since the pet doesn't gain the additional damage anyways, and it loses a ton of uptime on the boss, I think it's much more efficient to keep it on the boss. Take advantage of the damage buff as often as you can, and be prepared for your raid to give you the job of kiting. All in all, it's Rhyolith 2.0 with only 1 person controlling the boss instead of the entire raid.

Be prepared to be sat if your raid is wiping to this heroic like enrage. I definitely think we are in store to see the enrage of this boss moved back 30 sec - 1 minute as it is extremely tight right now for a normally geared raid group.

Here's our logs from the kill if anyone is interested. Was switching back and forth between specs, and was also have some weird issue with my pet changing specs. But overall, with a 480 ilvl, I don't feel I am too far off where I need to be.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zu...pes&boss=63667

Blog and Kill videos from first 2 fights to follow this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the worst Hunter boss in either instance so far. I was only sitting at about 68-72k on 25m tonight at 485 gear level. I basically gave up on trying to stand in the buff, the constant movement negates the DPS gain for the most part. I stayed on the boss as BM until it was my turn to kite.

But yes, if your guild has the option, stack Frost DKs, Fire Mages, Combat Rogues, and other cleavey classes. Hunters are just bad here.