Thread: Garalon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garalon

I love you, Garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I love you, Garalon.
    Yeah, best fight yet. Wish I was Troll too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxi View Post
    Yeah, best fight yet. Wish I was Troll too.
    BF = 200k DPS. Feels so good.

only 140k dps here but I'm tanking

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    only 140k dps here but I'm tanking
    My guild saved legs for me so I could cleave the entire fight. Don't tell them about feint tanking. Shh.

lol. yeah i was cleaving legs while feint tanking. i definately lose DPS but the other potential tank gone dps is giving the 4% physical damage debuff we dont usually have as well as doing 75-80k himself. we only got it to 20%ish though

Ah. We got the kill, but it was fairly tight. I think just ~15s left on enrage.

Then everyone was too tired to focus on the next dude. Hit enrage on him a few times after really shit add management, though.

Deleted
    My guild saved legs for me so I could cleave the entire fight. Don't tell them about feint tanking. Shh.
    So it is possible to both feint tank. be in the green circle of one leg and cleave both legs at the same time? Damn it that's OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we can have BF up the entire fight? Whats the talk about feint tanking? We got to this boss tonight, and will be doing progression pulls on him tmrw.

Deleted
    We can pretty much have BF up entire fight, with 100% damage increase. And the "tanking" is only tanking a cleave he does, that deals 300k dmg(100k with feint and elusiveness) which means you can use like 6dps 1 tank 3 healer or 7dps 1 tank 2 healer and even only dps/healers if you have 2 rogues since he doesnt auto-attack in normal.

I had heard of Exodus' stream that BF didn't work, is this false? If so, we'll be specced combat for the next two fights after with being able to cleave the adds, and the person in raid that turns to amber.

Deleted
    It works, you just have to position yourself right, i was watching a stream before where a rogue used bladeflurry.
    Last edited by mmoc004dfdb872; 2012-10-31 at 03:36 PM.

yeah exodus's rogue tried combat and lost a ton of DPS and they seemed to almost insult him for trying it. however their strat involved switching to and killing legs as soon as they spawn.

while tanking my group dosnt touch the boss's front left leg (usually its near the trail, near the cleave, and far from the healers) and after the first kill usually dosnt touch the front right leg unless im kiting. in general this results in me having maybe 80% cleave time? This means im doing 200% damage to the adds, and reflecting ~78% of that 200% damage onto the boss.

Is the cleave from the leg to the boss or the boss to the leg? I only had 1-2 attempts on this as combat. But I didn't see any blade flurry on the logs. Probably just a positioning issue.

positioning could be. i cant be on the outside of the circle. i need to be within the circle, and positioned between the leg and the purple circle.

and you cleave from the leg to the boss, as the leg takes double damage and blade flurry reflects the damage you actually do, so you can take advantage of that.

i was going to link my worldoflogs but it appears that the entire dungeon counted as trash

Can you use killing spree on the legs without triggering his crush ability? Does anybody use KS on this fight?

I wouldn't suggest trying it. KS is known for placing you inside the boss's hit box. but i don't know myself.

Leg to boss worked for me tonight. I didn't try killing spree, just didn't seem worth the risk.

I was doing this in our attempts tonight but I wasn't getting as high of DPS and I've seen some other rogues. Were you guys the only ones that were killing legs? I felt like the legs were dying too fast and I was running around too much (and at points there were no legs up at all) and I just was struggling getting enough uptime.

im pretty sure the rogues who did high DPS were given their own legs. while im tanking noone else DPSes the front left leg. the raid kills the front right when im kiting, but other than that its mine too. ~140k dps with a raid finder weapon while tanking (like 80% feint uptime)