Ret 4 Piece set bonus - whats it worth as a % damage output

The Ret 4 piece is going to change the uptime of sanctified wrath from 16.6% to 31.5%, does anyone have an idea of a %damage upgrade that this will be?

my own feeling is that its going to be significant, just wondering if this has been calculated or sim'd yet?

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

Deleted
    I did some math ... but i guess i miscalculated somewher,e becuase i'm not good at math

i came up with:

Case 1: with no talent and no set bonus you have an uptime of 11% on Avenging Wrath.

Case 2: with both, talent and set bonus you have an uptime of roughly 42%.

if you assume that you do - let's say - 50k DPS, 1,1k dmg will come additionally from your AW in Case 1.
    In case 2 although about 4,2k will come from your AW ...

I simmed it out to just under a 10% increase on a patchwerk fight.

10%.

Notenoughchars.

As a general comparison, it's as good, if not better, than the T10 2-piece and T13 4-piece when they were relevant set bonuses. I don't want to claim it's the single best damage increase we've seen because I can't remember the math on those bonuses.

10%, if that's a correct number, then it is extremely good for a set bonus alone, wtb 4set now
    Last edited by Ironboot; 2012-11-01 at 02:46 AM.

That's obvious. The 4 set bonus is a huge bonus, AV that can be cast twice more than without it in any encounter.
    In addition, with the Sanctified Wrath talent, Hammer of Wrath is going to be one of the top damage dealing abilities.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10% damage increase? Sounds like they based ret's DPS around having a 4 set bonus... Great that it screws them over until they have it, so it's worthless for progression. Then there's the matter of how ret will be pretty much stuck with T14, because even as it gets weaker due to lost stats, the up time will probably still make it outweigh any new bonuses...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    10% damage increase? Sounds like they based ret's DPS around having a 4 set bonus... Great that it screws them over until they have it, so it's worthless for progression. Then there's the matter of how ret will be pretty much stuck with T14, because even as it gets weaker due to lost stats, the up time will probably still make it outweigh any new bonuses...
    Indeed. Even now if I have a good gear, I am still doing less than some other classes.
    And that bonus is really, a P-0-W-A-H and I don't think if there's going to be any other better set bonus, so..

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    It sucks Ret is seriously dependant on our 4 set to actually be competitive with other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    It sucks Ret is seriously dependant on our 4 set to actually be competitive with other classes.
    You're playing ret wrong, helai

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightG View Post
    You're playing ret wrong, helai
    We're midpack/low midpack at the moment. It sucks.

p.s hi straightg whats gwanin within the hood of all gangsters such as yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    We're midpack/low midpack at the moment. It sucks.

p.s hi straightg whats gwanin within the hood of all gangsters such as yourself.
    ranking high as ret (as high as possible with blue weapon z_z)

sig yo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightG View Post
    ranking high as ret (as high as possible with blue weapon z_z)

sig yo
    What server you getting bitches on now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to stay on topic, please.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!