Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Pretty sure they fixed that in mid DS.
    I'm pretty sure they fixed this way before DS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.
    you are wrong.
    Mistweaver is possibly the healer with the highest skil cap

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not like my monk until I healed with him and then I love him...but the healing is getting a major nerf so then they will just suck all around .

Nope, you're not alone. I rolled a WW monk with full BoAs. Got it to level 10 in like an hour, jumped into a BG, and was so disgusted by it's lack of ability to do any real dmg or healing, that I afked out of the BG and deleted the character. I looked through all the monk abilities, and discovered that they don't get any self heals as a DPS, so I figured it wasn't worth struggling in pvp.

Blizzard did the opposite of DKs this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    you are wrong.
    I already agreed with this before I started leveling another one of my characters. Then I went and did some instances on my holy pally and marveled at exactly how much harder I had been working on my monk. I've gotta check my activity levels in recount one night during raid for sure, it feels like I never stop. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Nope, you're not alone. I rolled a WW monk with full BoAs. Got it to level 10 in like an hour, jumped into a BG, and was so disgusted by it's lack of ability to do any real dmg or healing, that I afked out of the BG and deleted the character. I looked through all the monk abilities, and discovered that they don't get any self heals as a DPS, so I figured it wasn't worth struggling in pvp.

Blizzard did the opposite of DKs this time.
    I....what? I think perhaps you didn't look close enough if you think they don't get any self heals. Chi Wave/Chi Burst, Expel Harm, Blackout Kick, Tigereye Brew (with Healing Elixirs), Healing Sphere? Granted I haven't really done much pvp yet and when I do it will be as a mistweaver but I've seen plenty of WW on the monk forums talking about how they've adapted for pvp and I've never had a problem keeping myself alive while doing dailies even when pulling entire packs of mobs.

Perhaps level 10 is a bit too soon to make an educated judgement.

You may not be the only one. However I do believe you are in the minority.

I....what? I think perhaps you didn't look close enough if you think they don't get any self heals. Chi Wave/Chi Burst, Expel Harm, Blackout Kick, Tigereye Brew (with Healing Elixirs), Healing Sphere? Granted I haven't really done much pvp yet and when I do it will be as a mistweaver but I've seen plenty of WW on the monk forums talking about how they've adapted for pvp and I've never had a problem keeping myself alive while doing dailies even when pulling entire packs of mobs.

Perhaps level 10 is a bit too soon to make an educated judgement.
    The first self heal ability they get is level 26. That's 16 levels of shit until you get something useful, and it's not even a good self heal. I'm not going to play a hybrid class which can't even self heal when I could play a shaman, druid, or priest and be more effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The first self heal ability they get is level 26. That's 16 levels of shit until you get something useful, and it's not even a good self heal. I'm not going to play a hybrid class which can't even self heal when I could play a shaman, druid, or priest and be more effective.
    Point taken, as far as low level pvp goes.

Your initial post sounded like you were talking about WW monk self healing abilities overall and pvp as a whole, including at 90. I was just pointing out they do have them. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling a Monk had its ups and downs (especially for MW), but I'm totally addicted to the class now. Mistweaver is the most fun healer I've ever played (played them all but a Tree) and WW is hella fun.

My only complaint: WW healing utility is sparse and clunky (Healing Sphere). I'm used to Enhance and Shadow's off healing capabilities, though. That's my main gameplay gripe (give us Surging Mist!!!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Leveling a Monk had its ups and downs (especially for MW), but I'm totally addicted to the class now. Mistweaver is the most fun healer I've ever played (played them all but a Tree) and WW is hella fun.

My only complaint: WW healing utility is sparse and clunky (Healing Sphere). I'm used to Enhance and Shadow's off healing capabilities, though. That's my main gameplay gripe (give us Surging Mist!!!).
    I do have to agree with you on this one, although I rather enjoyed even leveling as around level 30 I started doing much of my leveling in mistweaver while healing instances and loved it the entire time. I have played max level end game healers of every single healing class (including not 1, but 2 shamans) now, and as I said before, after going back and healing some stuff on some of my other healing classes I've realized exactly how much different and more interactive mistweaver healing is than other classes.

I would greatly appreciate surging mist as a baseline heal for the other monk specs though, as you said. I don't understand why the other classes all get a baseline heal but monks don't in their non-heal specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very uninterested in them. Personally, I hate the form of Monk they chose. I hate the "drunken master" kit for monks. My favored type of monk is the spiritual ascetic. I was hoping they'd go for something like this....but, when I saw the whole brewmaster thing ...I just got turned off. Plus I dislike Pandaren... (obviously I don't need to be a Pandaren). But yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    BrM's are still amazing at 90 for PVE, pulled almost 100k DPS this weekend on Stone Guard and took less damage than our warrior who was only tanking one dog. I do agree that WW has issues and the class isn't well suited for PVP right now (not that I PVP) but tanking wise they are great fun and perform very well.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

The monk class is fine, WW just needs some form of cleave nothing else(FoF is fine) and 5.1 will decrease the "High Skill" (blizzard statement, not personal opinion in any way possible)... Required for "Monks" I do welcome the ascension talent change I have tested it on the PTR and it feels alot more of how i want to play my monk than currently on live (Correction it feels alot more like I expected the monk class to be played, I don't mind stacking the TP buff).

I actually really enjoy the monk class from what ive seen. Im just not a big fan of melee dps so levelling is a bit of a pain.

Myself, personally, enjoy the DK class more than the Monk.

I dunno. I don't really have any part of me interested in the Leather DPS classes, like Feral Druids and Rogues.

Also, switching to a Monk from a DK is just..weird.

I felt really, really weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    I lvl'd a Monk. It was an okay experience I'll say. Levelling went quick, but I reckon that the class needs more work on it.
    The class feels as though it was rushed, it doesn't have that general feeling that the DK had back when it was introduced.
    Havent tried Monk yet. But I do remember Blizzard recently said in a post that they listened to much to the community-feedback when they introduced the DK. As a result A DK has an answer to pretty much anything you throw at it. This is probably not the case with Monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy playing my monk. It's a brand new class and has its problems defiantly but they will be balanced out eventually. Would like some sort of cleave to my monk and maybe rework tigereye brew to be more of a CD for some burst. There are also a few spells/abilities i feel have gona back in designs and are really not usable.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    you are wrong.
    People go on and on about Mistweaver being "too OP" and "having no mana troubles at all" but if you don't learn how to play it right before you start raiding you'll OoM constantly and people will simply die because your heals are extremely weak. Learn to play them "right" and suddenly raid AOE damage is almost ignorable and you top the charts. (but the tank will still die if you're assigned to him)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

It took me a while to pinpoint, but I finally figured out why monk is so much less enjoyable to switch to for me than other classes . . . talents. When I leveled the other 10 classes to max (pre-cata) I had a ton of build options while i was leveling, and combinations of trees that I could grab which made me feel clever and op for a bit. Monk is the first new class with this on-rails spec system, and for me at least it sucked all the joy right out.

I'm gonna have to agree with the monks = rogue sans stealth crowd. Really, they're like druid/rogues without any of the utility (WW specifically, of course). Healing is ok, but I prefer resto druid. Tanking is ok, but feels weird using energy. I think the game would have been a lot different had monks been in vanilla. Too much overlap for my taste. Probably why I've stalled on my monk at 62. That, and playing through Outlands again is /shiver worthy.