Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't tried em.. but you think they are boring?

Wut?

BrM is FUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Im loving my 90 monk. I haven't had this much fun playing a class in a long time. I think they could use a bit more burst, but it's not a deal breaker for sure.

mine is 90, geared, and i'll probably never play it again. tanked 6/6 MV and said "fuck this"

it's boring, it feels like enhancement in wotlk where you were mashing the shit out of all these abilities but in reality, just a couple made a difference

and they're so gimped in pvp....i'm about to ding 85 on my druid and just heal shit

Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    I leveled a warrior to 25 once. Was ultra boring. Had like 3 abilities. Never tried any spec but the 2h one, and mostly I just stood there auto attacking till something died then moved onto the next mob.

Seems like a dumb class, dont know why anyone would want to make one.
    I thought I was the only one.....Got mine to 42 before I decided that I really did hate it, it's a very clunky, awkward class to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found WW and mistmeaving to be total snorefests...

then i discovered brewmaster, with all the parrying and the dodging and the shuffling and staggering

i think the reason people dont really like WW is that Chi just feels too clunky, like how some ret pallys felt when holy power was introduced.

Except unlike paladin holy power generators, chi generators do shit all dmg (less than auto attacks...), in my opinion WW would be alot more fun if blizzard just buffed the damage on jab and gave WW more energy regen outside of energizing brew
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-01 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Least appealing class in the game to me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to add 15% chance for Blackout Kick and 30% for Rising Sun kick to reset the cooldown on Fists of Fury and reduce the cost by 2 Chi.
    Windwalker is just too spammy and it lacks RNG.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot stress enough how fun I find my brewmaster to be. I haven't had this much fun in WoW for a long time. I haven't really tried MW or WW all too much just cuz I found BM to be too much fun. Leveled 1-90 as BM - I love the high-ish learning curve the spec has, I like to keep tabs on a lot of things at once in order to squeeze all that I can out of my toon.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Except unlike paladin holy power generators, chi generators do shit all dmg (less than auto attacks...), in my opinion WW would be alot more fun if blizzard just buffed the damage on jab and gave WW more energy regen outside of energizing brew
    It would be better, I think, if Blizzard had more abilities on CD w/o energy requirements, and had other abilities lower the CDs rather than "refund" energy.

I like my rogue but I feel pretty much energy-starved all the time. I'd like it better if I could watch CDs and not just keep spamming a key until I finally have energy. The "refund" mechanics (which are how rogues get most of their energy in combat) are not particularly interesting and are also hard to apply any kind of strategy to.

I played MW on beta and thought the idea of melee healing was great. I haven't seen a single person use melee healing though. Now on live I feel they just suck. I just feel like every spec needs a buff. I've never seen a monk do that great of dps, they are just too squishy as tanks, and healing doesn't seem like it can keep up either. Just my opinion though and from what I've experienced with monks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    I played MW on beta and thought the idea of melee healing was great. I haven't seen a single person use melee healing though. Now on live I feel they just suck. I just feel like every spec needs a buff. I've never seen a monk do that great of dps, they are just too squishy as tanks, and healing doesn't seem like it can keep up either. Just my opinion though and from what I've experienced with monks.
    Majority of topped ranked MW monks do melee, especially fights where bosses take more damage, aka H Stoneguard. They're superior in terms of HPS output atm.

BwM are, in my opinion, the most complicated tank. More things to manage and watch.

WW are easy to play at a simple level, but there's a bit where you can maximize it's potential. There's easier dps classes to play, to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    The game in whole is pretty boring at end game. Competitive PvE more or less forces you into doing mindless amounts of dailies this tier to keep up. Might as well be World of Dailycraft. I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been brought up before, but with the game being so redundant, I think I can afford to be just as redundant =P.
    So you don't think you should earn things? You just want everything handed to you. WOW...
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

MW would be headed for nerfs if it weren't for the need for more healers in the game in general.

Personally I wish they would make disc priest just as OP as MW instead of being the spec where if you are close to the skill cap, you're almost as good as some idiot who just bought a shaman off eBay.

But that's just me.

spam class, reminds me of combat rogues back in the day when sinister strike was 1/2 of their binds. Then again i haven't got past level 10 on one haha.

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    spam class, reminds me of combat rogues back in the day when sinister strike was 1/2 of their binds. Then again i haven't got past level 10 on one haha.
    Then you haven't even unlocked their main rotational abilities. TP and BoK become very minor abilities by the time they reach Cataclysm zones.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.

Blue Postfrom the front page
    Monks – We know some players are concerned about Windwalker viability in Arenas. The Monk class has a high skill cap and they come with a learning curve. The Windwalker PvP bonuses are quite powerful and players aren’t really taking advantage of them yet. We absolutely want the newest class to be popular, but we’re also trying to be conservative and not recreate the situation where the Death Knight dominated PvP and PvE when it first launched. We do want to give the Monk a few more weeks and see where it stands, but we are keeping a close eye on how things develop.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyking11 View Post
    i tried mistweaver and it wasnt that great on low levels

I thought the same as you, but then I learned of the fistweaver

monks = melee healers when the group takes little dmg

at max level they are insane healers I'm in greens and can beat a lot of people in 463 + gear

yes in arenas they arent that great but thats why blizzard is buffing them.

monks are fun, if they dont interest you thats fine ( I have always disliked warlocks and thought they were boring)

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:54 AM ----------

the problem is that most people dont know how to play them

they are great as tanks but majority of tanks I see never use their abilities to mitigate damage.

you need to use guard constantly, shuffle should ALWAYS be up they also have tons of heals.

the class is insane and people just need to learn to use them.

now I seen someone say they havent seen anyone be a Fistweaver (dps healer) .. its cause it only works in groups where everyone knows how to get out of everything and silence

when a tank pulls a pack and everyones aoeing and doing stupid stuff like standing in everything then the dps heals arent enough to keep the group up.

ive tried it in pugs and people end up dying from standing in dumb stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    ive tried it in pugs and people end up dying from standing in dumb stuff.
    The only "dumb stuff" you can die from standing in, in 5-mans, is the trash in the 2nd half of SPM. Well, I guess you can die from standing in lightning in MSV and from various other incredibly obvious mechanics, but the trash in SPM is the only trash that MAKES you stand in stuff that can kill you.

But you can die there in SPM no matter what class is healing you.

The healing throughput needed for all of the content below normal raids is pretty low in general, and only high in a few places in 5-mans, and only the 5-man trash pulls matter, because bosses die so fast mana isn't an issue. But in all of those situations MW is pretty OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love how people complain about Monks with little to no knowledge about them. Then they compare the launch of Monks to that of DK's, and they complain how the Monk release was underwhelming??? Um if I remember correctly, everyone played DK because they were OP, not because the class was that amazing. Not hating on DK's or anything, but people are complaining about Monks cause they leveled one to 90, found they weren't super OP like DK's were, and they ditched the class because they only were interested in the first place because they wanted to play a OP class. People also are hating on Monks cause they couldn't play them effectively, BrM is a hard spec to get used to (only speaking of BrM cause I have one and haven't tried MW or WW yet in raid).

I love my BrM, it is challenging and keeps me engadged. It was a big change of pace from my former main, a Guardian Druid.

completely disagree I love my Monk, im finding it more fun to heal with than my Paladin, though my pally is having major oom issues which is killing my fun whereas the monk is nowhere near as mana hungry i find
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2012-11-01 at 05:36 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3