Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As far as MW's go, they are really different from other healers to play because you have to balance 2 resources. Paladins holy resource is more for bonus heals, their mana heals are strong as it is already. Monks however pretty much need their chi heals for throughput heals. Plus there are a few ways to gain chi. Faster and mana efficient through melee, ranged healing is slow but the ranged heal is a little safer, Spinning crane kick for when your whole group needs healing but also need that chi heal on the tank pretty soon which is not mana efficient. You can get away with just doing the ranged heal for chi generation but to maximise the potential you need to swap mid fight between different ways. So besides staying out of fire you really need to stay aware of everything and not just your Grid (or whatever addon).

And their healing style doesn't really have the standard flashheal, big slow heal, mana efficient heal, AoE heal, o-shit heal. This is more a thing you need to adjust to in the beginning though.

So overall they are not the easiest to play. One of the more difficult healers and for sure the most stressfull because you can be at 0 chi right when the raidgroup takes a big hit, just when you need your chi.

Their tank healing is not their strong point but enough. Any healer can be tankhealer. It is just that monks are very much OP in raidhealing at the moment. Without trying you go 45% of total healing done in your 10 man-3 healers raid, Heck even in LFR I got 40% on bosses with 5 healers. Only if there is another monk, there is some competition. I have played healers since vanilla and I don't think there have been many times where other healers were doing this. Druids on specific fights in WotLK were OP. Shamans late in TBC probably.
    So why would any guild use them as tank healers?

And people saying they dumped their MW because healing was boring at lower levels. Did you ever roll another healing class? All the way up to 80 you are pretty much doing nothing unless you let the tank go DPS spec and use the mage as tank. Seriously, those instances are so undertuned, it is not even funny. And after 60 it gets even worse mind you because then all the tanks have healing as well. If anything, monks are still fun because you can DPS the whole time and that little healing that might be needed, you do automatically through your fistweaving.
    Heck, now I am a lot more geared and if a Blood DK joins a HC that is somewhat geared as well, I don't have to do anything at all. I think the HC's are even worse then WotlK atm. If you aren't PVP-ing (they are average PVP healers, a little better in BG's, fairly weak in arena's) or raiding, there isn't much to do for you healing wise.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-11-01 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Did you see the post he was responding to? They completely understated Monks to make them look bad, Tobias just did the same thing to DKs
    Which makes it something I still disagree with. I think both classes are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pallydan View Post
    Pretty much everything this guy says. "High-skill cap" my ass. This is just BS that the devs use to patronize the player community. In reality, monks have completely inferior abilities, that are more style than substance.
    When they say "high skill-cap", they're not talking about WW. WW is incredibly easy and boring.

They're talking about Brewmaster and Mistweaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    They're talking about Brewmaster and Mistweaver.
    Which is a very good point. My casual friends all play nothing but WW (and enjoy it) and I admit seems to be lacking if you are looking for something complex, MW are flooding the rank charts in WoL (our MW is top HPS each week), I've rolled BrM from day one and done awesome. I have forgone every other class over her.

Maybe the syndrome is WW is weak but it's also what like 90% of the WoW populace creates?

The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Monks are hybrid classes that are a mixed bag. They can do everything, but not as well as the other classes.

In EQ2 they're called "light tanks" as they're very proficient in fights that needs high avoidance and speed. But they could never match a Guardian or Paladin at the role of tanking. The same as healers, off healing fine, main healing they'll wipe. They usually revert to the role of DPS, but like DISC priests they're not regarded as a DPS class, either.

Jack of All Trades, master of none.
    Have you ever even played or seen a monk in a raid? Raid healing is amazing, tanking is just as good as any other while putting absorbs all over the raid, and dps keeps up well (actually was top DPS in the only raid I did as WW with my 8/8H DS group). Yes WW can't cleave that's about the only downfall, oh and lack of skill.

i find my dps monk a bit interesting..its only 78 atm but i call it the single greatest ranged melee class ever made. no seriously....im only in melee range to use jab and rising sun kick then i sit back and spam fire blossom insta 8k crits til im out of chi. which at level 78 is about the same as the and caster casting ..but faster and instant..i also have a 50 yard range.
    Last edited by twinkleblur; 2012-11-02 at 11:51 AM.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I find the Brewmaster pretyt fun, levelled it speedly and going to try it in raid this Sunday ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Brewmasters are lousy tanks at 90, as in you wouldn't want them over any other tank. I really enjoy my MW in pvp though I played a few arena matches with a friend in 2s up to around mid 1800s last week and I didn't have a problem surviving (obviously different in 3s), the only issues I came across was when it was a mana battle (especially if it is a holy paladin), but you do have some nice CC to keep dps off of you. Transcendence is amazing, spamming healing spheres on the ground when you are really in trouble saved me a lot (like the buff coming to them too). MW are amazing in PvE too. WW don't seem to be bad DPS either, not the best obviously, but not terrible, I mostly use that for dailies after I dropped my brewmaster spec.
    Hahaha where are you getting that Brewmaster assumption from? They are amazing, great mitigation, amazing DPS, shields and heals for the raid. Why would anyone not want a Brewmaster in their raid?

I don't care much for brewmaster or windwalker but mistweaver seems interesting to me, a completely different way to heal compared to all other classes, I might lvl a monk in the future when I get real bored and need to kill time.

lvled mine to 90..saw 5.1 patch notes and switched to DK...honestly, making WW even EASIER to play is wtf...such a dull dps spec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpPKgi-niI
    How I feel about healers that try to DPS

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADra/simple

I think the healing style of Mistweaver is completely boring, uninteresting and could be done by pretty much any drooling so and so. It's far too easy, forgiving and rewarding for bad play.

they never overly excited me when i was watching beta videos but now that i'm max level and healing arenas, i'm having a blast with mine...monk healers have so many tools for CC and escape in pvp =) it's hilarious to roll and teleport all over the arena so a warrior can't stick on me and even if he does get close, paralysis, disarm, root lalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Parthenon View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADra/simple

I think the healing style of Mistweaver is completely boring, uninteresting and could be done by pretty much any drooling so and so. It's far too easy, forgiving and rewarding for bad play.
    MW healing forgiving and rewarding for bad play? Unless you're talking about fights like 25m Feng where you just spin like a tornado for most of the fight.... You don't know what you're talking about. Link or no link. Especially in 10m where SCK isn't that effective compared to 25m, MW healing requires quite a bit of planning to be effective (which for me, is the fun part about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    MW healing forgiving and rewarding for bad play? Unless you're talking about fights like 25m Feng where you just spin like a tornado for most of the fight.... You don't know what you're talking about. Link or no link. Especially in 10m where SCK isn't that effective compared to 25m, MW healing requires quite a bit of planning to be effective (which for me, is the fun part about it).
    Planning? What planning is there? What is hard about:

- Keep up Tiger Power, 1 button / 20 sec
    - Keep up Serpent's Zeal, 1 button / 30 sec
    - Keep Xuen on CD (anyone using RJW is a failure at Mistweaver)
    - Renewing Mists on CD
    - Uplift @ 2 Chi
    - Mana Tea @ 2 stacks
    - TFT on CD
    - Jab otherwise

Yeah, it's a seriously hard class. It's easy. Any idiot could play Mistweaver well, it's not even remotely difficult. If you think Mistweaver is challenging, I'm going to bluntly it's because you are challenged. It's the easiest thing to play since Shadowfrost.

I enjoy the class, especially for solo play as a WW, since the other classes that are similar (rogue, feral druid) have to spend energy to use combo points and leave their combo points on the mob (except for the rogue talent.) Also, chi wave + spinning crane kick = pull 20 mobs and blow them up while never dropping below 50% hp. Fatty goat steak daily is cake.

NO fist weapons show while doing jab, total dealbreaker!

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.
    No, that's hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    lvled mine to 90..saw 5.1 patch notes and switched to DK...honestly, making WW even EASIER to play is wtf...such a dull dps spec
    Cause DK is less dull ? Not sure if serious...

WW even with the nerfed rotation is still one of the hardest melee to master. And I play every class (every class to 85+, paladin, Dk and monk allready 90).

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    You must not realize that most of the world first heroic kills in MSV were from guilds that faction changed multiple times resetting their valor and raid lock outs each time... Nice try though.
    You might wanna link something to prove that.

No I don't like them either.