Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    That, and playing through Outlands again is /shiver worthy.
    With a few heirlooms this was actually not bad. I did all of Hellfire and half of Zangarmarsh. What was the worst for me was 68-80, that was a pain it tooshie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    With a few heirlooms this was actually not bad. I did all of Hellfire and half of Zangarmarsh. What was the worst for me was 68-80, that was a pain it tooshie.
    Skipped Nagrand? Pfft... casual.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    I wish...haha. I was forced to skip most of Hellfire Peninsula due to an overwhelming number of rampant Alli 90s dive bombing Thrallmar and camping the Dark Portal and anywhere else in Hellfire Peninsula. Ended up having to level in instances, was happy to get to 65 for Nagrand because it's always been my favorite area and then ended up having to skip it anyways because the CRZ lagged out Nagrand for me so bad it wasn't even possible to do anything there.

Leveling monk through instances really isn't that bad. You get to play every instance with 2-4 other monks until Cata instance range. :P (Yes, I did have full monk parties along the way)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    monks are something a couple of people in my guild have always wanted to play (when we were playing WoW) but has never really been a class i was terribly interested in. after looking thru some gameplay videos and stuff i still feel the same way, theres nothing that really excited me about them and should i pick the game back up later down the road, leveling one would be the absolute last thing on my "to do" list

10+ Year Old Account
    pfft...leveling was a breeze w/heirlooms. only time i spent questing was mainly for mats (skinning & LW prof), other than that, i would mainly rotate random dungeons, CTA bgs, some random bgs at 70+... i would constantly outlevel questing zones 1/4-1/3 of the way in, by the time i hit 60+, i started to pick and choose quests for specific upgrades or transmog loot.

My monk dinged 90 just over a week ago and i re-rolled from ele sham to mistweaver. Outhealing all the healers in my guild without having any past xp and only a 470 ilvl, 60-80khps while not having that much knowledge about healing. Mistweavers are sick

10+ Year Old Account
    To bad currently their heals are getting nerfed...

Ive yet to make one if that says anything. My druid and priest seem funner. I seen other people play em and ehh...

Not sure if this is been stated but I just hate the mechanics of WW. Jab Jab get chi up, another ability sucks the chi then jab jab, need heal oh wait I'm out of energy...just seems like I'm hitting two buttons to keep up 2 energy/mana/chi whatever up then do one big move and have to go back to getting that chi up. Just doesn't flow feels cumbersome and overly complex for very little result. Rolled a feral druid and having much more fun than monk..Really too bad was looking forward to monks.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Point taken, as far as low level pvp goes.

Your initial post sounded like you were talking about WW monk self healing abilities overall and pvp as a whole, including at 90. I was just pointing out they do have them. :P
    It was the lack of a good heal for so long (like level 60 or something), and it was the fact that the abilities you do get at low levels, are really really similar to what DKs get early on. Basically spam Jab to build Chi, spam Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm to burn chi, and hit Fists of Fury every 25 seconds. It's not exciting, and it's really difficult to utilize Roll effectively as a gap closer/opener.

I just don't like the class, it's not very useful in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeser View Post
    I don't know what it is about them, they just seem boring as hell to me. They are the worst represented class in arenas too http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/. I don't know a whole lot about them but their heals seem weak, they seem like maybe ok tanks? and I know basically nothing about their dps.
    Try any of my signature classes =^P

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Windwalker single target is actually up there in terms of complexity when compared to other classes so no, not really. Aoe is admittedly just a bad joke in terms of SPINNING CRANE KICK WHEEEEEEEE, though.
    Heaps of classes have a spammed AOE ability like that. MIND SEAR WHEEEEE!!! etc.

Seriously, what I would give for SCK on my Rogue! FOKing a hoard of mobs does slightly less damage than a polite cough.