PvP Ret Stat Priority - STR or PvP Power?

So it used to be that when people were gemming/reforging their stats, we would almost always put the Red primary stat gem in red slots (+str, +int, +agi, etc), and try to maximize that primary stat your spec used the most.
    With MoP pvp, however, PvP power seems like a very attractive stat, and especially for hybrids (since it increases both dmg and healing). With my rogue, for example, I'm still going with "maximizing agility" by putting Red gem in Red slot (as opposed to a purple +str/+pvp power gem), and a purple gem in the blue slot (as opposed to a pure +pvp power gem).

With a pally i just leveled, I'm wondering if PvP power is in fact a more powerful stat for ret pallies (for pvp, of course). I really like that it increases our damage and healing by non-diminishing returning proportions. Is there a certain point where strength is still a better stat, then PvP stat becomes more valuable?

If anyone have some idea about this, i'd appreciate the input.
    How do YOU gem your ret pally for pvp?

Gem straight PvP Power for PvP. Unless the socket bonus is <=160 PvP Power, then use some sort of mixed gem with PvP power on it.

Off- topic a bit but i am just hating how useless Resilience is atm and how strong PvP Power is. Once more people get their T1 weapons (which is basically like a 3-4% increase in dmg PvP Power wise), the burst in this game will be quite awful. 2s is basically close to unplayable against certain classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    im gemming

pvp power on blues
    pvp power + str on reds
    pvp power + resil on yellows

too bad im a JC. I get less pvp power from anyone else :/

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    im gemming

pvp power on blues
    pvp power + str on reds

I've been doing exactly this, and I noticed a pretty big difference when i swapped from gemming mostly strength

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    im gemming

pvp power on blues
    pvp power + str on reds

PvP power gems are almost twice as effective in PvP just because the amount you can get per gem and the way PvP power is scaling atm.
    Also res is useless to gem unless you are a healer.