Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have been watching and reading this website for years now, never made a post, but you reached out, and touched the brothers heart .

Do we need a reboot and common sense brought back into the game ? HELL YES!. I have been here from the very start, 7 and half years now. I will just quote what a guildmaster said when he left our guild.

At lvl 60 WoW was a gem. Everyone was in his place. Remember BWL and original Naxx? That was some serious stuff.
    At lvl 70 it was even better, at its peak, a polished gem. You are not prepared - and most of people were not.
    At lvl 80 that gem started to brake from over-polishing. Ulduar was serious, parts of ICC also.
    At lvl 85 it became a disaster, especially with LFR introduced, it was made so that a complete retard is able to go and see endgame content.

Its in peoples nature to be different, and to compete. When you force them to be same, its like comunism, it never works (and I am from a former comunist country, I know). Its good for people on top (Blizzard on this occasion) because they reap the crops, but soon after people will start leaving.

Deleted
    simple answer - no.
    You don't even play WoW now, so don't ask for change of what we like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing MoP right now and enjoying it, but I don't want a reboot of WoW. I want it to go the way of old games, just quietly kind of drop off the radar and die. As much as I enjoy WoW, I don't want to still be playing it five years from now. Even with my habit of cancelling my sub between content updates, I feel a little ridiculous knowing that I've been playing on and off since 2005.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmajns View Post
    I have been watching and reading this website for years now, never made a post, but you reached out, and touched the brothers heart .

Do we need a reboot and common sense brought back into the game ? HELL YES!. I have been here from the very start, 7 and half years now. I will just quote what a guildmaster said when he left our guild.

At lvl 60 WoW was a gem. Everyone was in his place. Remember BWL and original Naxx? That was some serious stuff.
    At lvl 70 it was even better, at its peak, a polished gem. You are not prepared - and most of people were not.
    At lvl 80 that gem started to brake from over-polishing. Ulduar was serious, parts of ICC also.
    At lvl 85 it became a disaster, especially with LFR introduced, it was made so that a complete retard is able to go and see endgame content.

Its in peoples nature to be different, and to compete. When you force them to be same, its like comunism, it never works (and I am from a former comunist country, I know). Its good for people on top (Blizzard on this occasion) because they reap the crops, but soon after people will start leaving.
    spot on
    everything seems the same now. every class feels the same now. its as if.............

if darth vader turned up in wow somewhere he would probably say "i dont sense something, i have not felt something since............" (then walks off cos he needs to make a post on a forum or summit ;p)

I'd like a reboot of the entire MMO community's mentality towards the genre.

You can change the games, but the players are what make them. Vanilla WoW would not be fun at all with today's playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I'd like a reboot of the entire MMO community's mentality towards the genre.

You can change the games, but the players are what make them. Vanilla WoW would not be fun at all with today's playerbase.
    i think your half right there, i think its a 50/50 balance>>> the game + community = your experience of it.... i also think that any new game of this type at the start has an awesome community feel. everyone is friendly and will do anything to help etc. (with the odd exception ofc)..
    but soon as the game has been about a while thats when some of the playerbase change there ways and become selfish and emo and abusive and whatever.

While the OP's particular suggestions are basically awful for reasons already stated in this thread, I do feel a reboot would be ultimately beneficial for the game. As in, Blizzard can take everything they've learned from WoW and re-make the game from scratch, using better technology and removing all the weak parts.

Of course it would be an incredibly risky move and I doubt they'd ever do it, but I can dream. I'm still loving MoP, so hey.

Deleted
    How about playing completely new game instead? (not from blizzard, away from those)

I think it's safe to say wow is what it is and won't go back to the past, we might as well be the ones that will move on.

That's what I'm trying to do, at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    How about playing completely new game instead? (not from blizzard, away from those)

I think it's safe to say wow is what it is and won't go back to the past, we might as well be the ones that will move on.

That's what I'm trying to do, at least.
    you sir are also spot on ;p

ive recently quit wow for the time being and dusted off my xbox 360 i havent played since rainbow 6 vegas 2 and the first modern warfare were out lal (thats what 3-4 years ago?)... got myself halo 4 and couple other games and hey ho. things are rosy and fun

wow sucks you in and makes you feel duuuurty for playing other games ;p i feel like ive cheated on my woman tho but i feel good about it cos my woman has changed and no like it no more (woman = wow there btw ;p)

No, bring on Titan

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a Warcraft 4 that's a direct sequel to Warcraft 3 and ignores all the poor "story" choices that were made due to faction balancing etc in WoW
    Sadly never gonna happen though.. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrew View Post
    I want a Warcraft 4 that's a direct sequel to Warcraft 3 and ignores all the poor "story" choices that were made due to faction balancing etc in WoW
    Sadly never gonna happen though.. Meh.
    You'd be ignoring all the "good" story choices (i know, it's a short list) as well. Warcraft 4 could happen, gloss over the bad and incorporate the good; the general gist of most of the stories is okay, or at least ignorable.

I hope the game stays the way it is for as long as possible. I like subs, f2p is always garbage.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    You'd be ignoring all the "good" story choices (i know, it's a short list) as well. Warcraft 4 could happen, gloss over the bad and incorporate the good; the general gist of most of the stories is okay, or at least ignorable.
    They could make Warcraft 4 in places that WOW hasn't gone yet. Go to ARgos, emerald dream, whatever, then make a WoW expansion pack involving these things, similar to WOTLK / Frozen Throne.

Deleted
    Worst idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    respectfully, if you have already quit, you already voted,.. you dont get to decide what happens to the rest of us.
    He does. He invested 7 years in the game and is willing give the game a chance again if it changes for the better. You on the other hands will praise the game and stay subbed no matter what so your opinion doesn't really matter.

Another, "tbc was great current expansion is shit" topic, really? People still make those? I'm amazed

What i would definitely love is that if they would reduce all the numbers in this game tenfold.

Me, instead of having 330 k hp, would have 33k hp. Instead of critting for 150k - 15k crits, items - instead of giving 1500 of a stat would give 150.

All those hundreds of thousands and millions just make me feel dizzy.

1. Chronological raid progress
    2. Updated models for old races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Nearly everything has advanced functionality for a very small subset of people. There are few things that have no learning curve or such a low level of mastery that everyone is considered a master. The advanced functionality of setting the time on a microwave eludes many to this day. There's an old, tired adage of "You get out what you put in", this applies to life in general. I own photoshop, why is it that I can't even make the simplest of designs, while others can make mind blowing pictures with such ease? Is it photoshops fault that I don't practice or put in the effort to learn how to do it? Why is that advanced functionality only for artists and people who practice? Because that's the way "things" work. Not to be insulting to your intelligence, but how is this concept so foreign to you?

Edit: For the sake of all of us actual scientists, please tell me that your "SCIENCE!" interest is a joke and you're not honestly pursuing a career in our field.

Why do you keep saying the exact same thing I am saying, but toned as if you are disagreeing? I think you are completely misunderstanding. I asked "Why isn't it okay for WoW to have some functionality for everyone, and more advanced functionality for a small subset of people?," and you answered "WELL LULS EVERYTHING HAS ADVANCED FUNCTIONALITY FOR SOME PEOPLE WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT????"

I think this conversation is over, considering you are unable to understand plain English. WoW currently has basic functionality for some, and advanced functionality for few, and that is fine the way it is. It needs to provide content for both sets of people. You continue to reply as though you disagree with this, but cannot explain why. You can't have a debate with someone who only says "well you're wrong about -thing person said-" with absolutely no explanation, counterargument, or proof. You wouldn't create a microwave that is so difficult to use that most people can't get any use out of it, but someone with skill will always get more out of something than others. It's the nature of the world, and the World of Warcraft. Already. Hence, fine the way it is. No need to shift the balance to make all content only for the advanced, which seems to be what many here are calling for.

You seem to be unhappy with the direction the game is going in, and I ask you questions to try to understand your perspective. Let me rephrase:

"Currently, the game has modes for casual players, and advanced modes and better rewards for people who want to put more effort in, just like real life. Why are you unhappy with the game, given that this is the case?"

Thanks for hurling insults there, but I don't see what science and quibbling over a game have to do with each other. . Science is about discovery, truth, and the way natural systems work. It's based around cold facts. It's not about judging others, politics, "entitlement," or any human qualities that we attach to things. It's about simply the way things are, the way things work. If you are unable to separate that from your personal, human biases than you, sir, are a poor scientist.

Peace.
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-11-09 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I quit playing about a month ago after 7 years of playing, never cancelled account once. For me it was the Homogenization of the game paired with the lost epic feeling. I am sure many really enjoy MOP, so perhaps this thread isn't for you.

I would like to see the following happen in a reboot:

1. keep some of the quality of life aspects in the game currently but in general, many of the milestones for your character should mean something.

2. There should be a tiered raid system (BC) You go as far as you can, not everyone may see the last tier content. No heroic bosses re-hashed. Yeah yeah I know.

3. Homogenization is so in your face now. Everything blends together. A rogue should feel like a rogue, now every class "has" to heal itself.

4. A reboot should include damage normalization. Things are getting way out of hand.

A reboot would include what for you? This isn't a wow hate post. If Blizzard said we want to shake things up next expansion as in everything is on the table for a possible change, what would be the 2-3 things for you that is imperative?

Actually, let's just have everyone name 2 things, just 2 things but they would be the most important for you. Do not complain about the poster's above you regarding their choices. Just focus on what you want to see (2) and why. So if I had to pick 2.

1. Raid tiers - no heroic bosses

2. Re-evaluate the classes - only a healer should be able to heal for example.

***** - See these stars? I have to put this here because people do not read the fucking post and insist that the poster above them is wrong and they are right. This isn't that sort of post so go somewhere else if you do not have the capacity to join in on an adult conversation.
    My two main suggestions:
    -Lock out LFD to a max of 5 of each per day. This way, players would be forced to solo and find real parties and do some world pvp.
    -And yes, homogenization is for pussies.