1. #1
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216

    Why did Blizzard close off the support lines?

    Try to call in Europe...it always says the phone lines are offline or something, even on the WoWWiki page it says they cut off all phone lines?

    This is a really annoying thing as the phone line was really helpful at times.

  2. #2
    Are you sure they arent just.. closed timewise?

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Technical_support

    It says nothing about it being closed for good.. its just not open at 1 am in the morning..

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Are you sure they arent just.. closed timewise?

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Technical_support

    It says nothing about it being closed for good.. its just not open at 1 am in the morning..
    On a Sunday for that matter. Don´t know about the US, but pretty sure there are laws in the EU regarding when they can have people work. Could be wrong ofc. and it just being holidays I´m thinking of.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Are you sure they arent just.. closed timewise?

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Technical_support

    It says nothing about it being closed for good.. its just not open at 1 am in the morning..
    Oh no I don't mean the time I tried it earlier at an appropiate time. They really are closed.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    On a Sunday for that matter. Don´t know about the US, but pretty sure there are laws in the EU regarding when they can have people work. Could be wrong ofc. and it just being holidays I´m thinking of.
    No, I didn't try it just now, I called on a workday.

  5. #5
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Try to call in Europe...it always says the phone lines are offline or something, even on the WoWWiki page it says they cut off all phone lines?

    This is a really annoying thing as the phone line was really helpful at times.
    Can you show where you read this in the wiki?

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Can you show where you read this in the wiki?


    http://www.wowwiki.com/Technical_support
    Last edited by Bananarepublic; 2013-01-28 at 12:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    yeah that link doesn't help you.. it seems to agree with us :P

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    yeah that link doesn't help you.. it seems to agree with us :P
    No, I just found out it does:

    Depending on the player's selections, the support site offers the option to either file a ticket, use web chat, or call a phone number. As part of this change, Blizzard no longer lists phone numbers for support on the site.[1]

  9. #9
    no longer listing, doesnt mean they arent active. they just dont give them out in the same manner as they used to.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Depending on the player's selections, the support site offers the option to either file a ticket, use web chat, or call a phone number. As part of this change, Blizzard no longer lists phone numbers for support on the site.[1]
    what they mean by that is that you first need to go to their support page, and then say you want to call them.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    No, I just found out it does:

    Depending on the player's selections, the support site offers the option to either file a ticket, use web chat, or call a phone number. As part of this change, Blizzard no longer lists phone numbers for support on the site.[1]
    I'm not sure they've actually ever had technical support by calling, I thought that was only by ticket or some other online form. They have always had and still have customer support for account and payment related stuff by calling, and the livechat option is brand new for people that don't want to call but want to have a direct connection rather than deal with things through tickets. And it's very easy to get the phones to show; hell, if you ask on their support forum they'll either tell you or tell you how to get the phone button to light up. They did reduce the opening times drastically though, now it's 10:30 to 7:30 or 8:30 PM Paris, not sure which.

    They removed the phones from the public view as they kept getting people asking for stupid stuff or whining about things Support doesn't deal with. Making it harder means less irritating people calling when they shouldn't.

  12. #12
    Blizzard Araxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    374
    Hi all, depending on the specific region where you're calling from - that particular office may not offer phone support at the time. As was quoted earlier in the post - the phone option will be made available for you on the Support Page, if the issue you have selected help for can be resolved over the phone and if that particular region's office is still open.

    Many issues which players call in about do have self-help resolutions, and yet many others can be handled via our new web chat (only available during phone hours), or via ticket.

    Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to assist!

    /Araxom

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all, depending on the specific region where you're calling from - that particular office may not offer phone support at the time. As was quoted earlier in the post - the phone option will be made available for you on the Support Page, if the issue you have selected help for can be resolved over the phone and if that particular region's office is still open.

    Many issues which players call in about do have self-help resolutions, and yet many others can be handled via our new web chat (only available during phone hours), or via ticket.

    Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to assist!

    /Araxom
    What the...that escalated quickly.

    First actual confirmed Blizz employee I've seen on this site.

    Thanks for the input though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    What the...that escalated quickly.

    First actual confirmed Blizz employee I've seen on this site.

    Thanks for the input though.
    He's been around for a bit now. I will never grow accustomed to Blue Posters on MMOC though. It feels so weird. Not that it's bad... Just weird.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all, depending on the specific region where you're calling from - that particular office may not offer phone support at the time. As was quoted earlier in the post - the phone option will be made available for you on the Support Page, if the issue you have selected help for can be resolved over the phone and if that particular region's office is still open.

    Many issues which players call in about do have self-help resolutions, and yet many others can be handled via our new web chat (only available during phone hours), or via ticket.

    Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to assist!

    /Araxom
    I had no idea employees working for Blizzard actually had like... special account and stuff. Nice to know. Just a question tho, do you guys read MMO-champions as a source of feedback, or do you only use the official forums for that?

  16. #16
    Good to know all of this.

  17. #17
    Blizzard Araxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    ....do you guys read MMO-champions as a source of feedback, or do you only use the official forums for that?
    Absolutely we do! A voice on our own site rings just as loud as any other. Each site has its own personality and may actually yield different valuable information. Now, as a member of Customer Support - I will say that many of the CS related messages we do see across our own sites are mirrored on others, so there's not a particular high degree of variance where that is concerned.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I had no idea employees working for Blizzard actually had like... special account and stuff. Nice to know. Just a question tho, do you guys read MMO-champions as a source of feedback, or do you only use the official forums for that?
    Blizzard employs a ton of people. You can be pretty much sure that if a site is popular and is discussing Blizzard products, /someone/ from Blizzard at least peeks in there from time to time to get a general idea of what people are saying. As far as special accounts here go, you see them from time to time, mostly on threads where someone could really use a pointer in the right direction and there is value in letting the person to know it's official advice. It's actually rather nice of them I think.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Yuuki Asuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Outside Coral Village
    Posts
    1,270
    It does seem weird that Blizzard employees are on here! But it's pretty cool Nice to have you with us Araxom!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •