Blade Lord Ta'yak

I was wondering if anyone could help out the healers in my guild with doing phase 2. We have the two druids doing tranqs with a spirit walkers grace and two resto shamans dropping HTT part way through. The biggest challenge for them seems to avoiding the tornadoes as they do all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop being bad --- really the only thing you can tell them.

the druids especially, they never have to stand still to use their most effective heals and you are already doing the right thing by tranqing w/ spirit walkers --- they cannot do anything else while channeling so the only thing they have left to do is not get hit.

dont know what your overall strategy on that fight is but maybe stand still for 5 seconds or so after the initial sweeping/moving of raid to the opposite side to allow healers to get people relatively high prior to moving so they arent shitting themselves when people drop sub 50%

pro tip #1 as a healer --- dont freak out

as long as raid members are popping any defensive cd's they have when they drop to 30% or so you'll be able to top people off when everyone gets across.

in summary -- druids: cmon man stop being bad
    all of the healers: stop tunneling

I don't know it just seems like a lot for the healers to do at once.

If you have damage mitigation abilities or hp boosting raid wide stuff such as rallying cry, it can relieve some of the pressure. But if your healings are using tranq or htt when he starts his blade aoe, you shouldn't need to cancel the channel to move out of tornado. I don't believe he overlaps his abilities that closely.
    There shouldn't be mcuh raid damage other then that one aoe ability, because whirling blade and tornado damage is avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    The biggest challenge for them seems to avoiding the tornadoes as they do all this.
    Play better. Seriously, there's no trick to moving and healing at the same time, you just have to be able to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we did on tuesday...was we had everyone stay at the front and get healed up/hott'd maybe waited 3-4 seconds. also, make sure everyone's using personals and healthstones. blowing raid healing cd's is probably a good idea too, you dont need them after that if u can burn him.

and yea, there's not a trick to avoding the tornados, if ppl are dying to that u simply arent going to be able to beat the enrage.

We topped everyone off as soon as p2 started, and used two stampeding roars to get to the end without much difficulty (pally, druid, shaman heals). I personally used a healthstone near the end since I got ahead of my healers(mage blink).

As others have said, it's simply about not derping and getting caught by a tornado. Healing should take less priority than dodging. Everyone should have some sort of personal CD to keep themselves alive. Once you get to the end of the hall, you can stand right next to the boss and be in front of where the tornadoes are spawned.

I'm curious if people were two or three healing this. We were going with two, but our holy pally was really having lots of issues in the tornado phase and healing on the move. Tomorrow we will have our mistweaver back, and I am undecided on going with sham/mistweaver, or just sticking all three in the lineup.

3 healed the fight yesterday. The healing in last phase was one of the biggest issue... Takes a bit of practise I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    3 healed the fight yesterday. The healing in last phase was one of the biggest issue... Takes a bit of practise I guess...
    Yeah, this is what I was leaning towards. It seems from our logs (and this is just a guess based on a few pulls) that the enrage isn't a strict timer, but more a result of taking too long to make it to the far end of the room in phase 2. That third healer would definitely alleviate a lot of my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by continuousbeing View Post
    Yeah, this is what I was leaning towards. It seems from our logs (and this is just a guess based on a few pulls) that the enrage isn't a strict timer, but more a result of taking too long to make it to the far end of the room in phase 2. That third healer would definitely alleviate a lot of my concerns.
    We had a shaman who dropped HTT in the beginning of P2, then the rest of the way our monk healed with the spinning kick or how is it called and when you need to cross the hallway agaoin when he hits 10%, we used tranq I believe... Hope this helps you.

Btw maybe its better to not rush immediately but heal up all the ppl in P2 just when the tornado releases you....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    We had a shaman who dropped HTT in the beginning of P2, then the rest of the way our monk healed with the spinning kick or how is it called and when you need to cross the hallway agaoin when he hits 10%, we used tranq I believe... Hope this helps you.

Btw maybe its better to not rush immediately but heal up all the ppl in P2 just when the tornado releases you....
    Yeah, having our monk back will help a lot it seems. Our pally was just getting destroyed sadly. A druid would pretty much be mana from heaven on this fight for us, but we aren't so blessed t this time.

I appreciate your input, I'm looking forward to a smooth kill tomorrow.

Here's a log to examine: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8716&e=9129

Our healers used cooldowns when we were stationary at the end, not while running. That's when you use personals. It's really easy to get to the other end before you need any heals. If people are getting hit by tornadoes, that's not a healer problem. We one shot it, so I don't have much more insight than that.

My group is having a hell of a time trying to get through phase 2. We wait at the start to full heal everyone, then take off down the tunnel. Not sure how people get through the tunnel without heals because without heals, most of the raid except for tanks, are dead within 20 seconds and it takes 30-40 seconds to get down the tunnel. We don't get hit by tornadoes, run as fast as we can without speed buffs (we do not have a Druid). I have 400k HP and taking 18k dmg (with an always on 15% dmg mitigation) every second adds up fast. Pop defensive cooldowns, down HP potion, still dead within 20 yards of the end. Is there a mechanic we are missing to reduce the 18-20k dmg every second or do we just need to recruit a Druid to get the speed buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by wacked2015 View Post
    My group is having a hell of a time trying to get through phase 2. We wait at the start to full heal everyone, then take off down the tunnel. Not sure how people get through the tunnel without heals because without heals, most of the raid except for tanks, are dead within 20 seconds and it takes 30-40 seconds to get down the tunnel. We don't get hit by tornadoes, run as fast as we can without speed buffs (we do not have a Druid). I have 400k HP and taking 18k dmg (with an always on 15% dmg mitigation) every second adds up fast. Pop defensive cooldowns, down HP potion, still dead within 20 yards of the end. Is there a mechanic we are missing to reduce the 18-20k dmg every second or do we just need to recruit a Druid to get the speed buffs?
    Sounds like you need to get to 20% boss health quicker so he doesn't have as many stacks going into the final phase.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

We usually have him at 5 stacks as he sucks us into the tornadoes and by the time we land and actually start the run, he is at 6 stacks.

Have your healers put HoTs on everyone before running and have them refresh those HoTs / use instant cast heals while running.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Sounds like you need to get to 20% boss health quicker so he doesn't have as many stacks going into the final phase.
    He gains stacks about three times as fast in the tornado phase, stacks before that are almost irrelevant because he gets them so quickly at the transition. Stopping to heal is a huge mistake, as every few seconds he's doing more and more damage so all you're doing is holding off the inevitable while not moving.