Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Nerf warlock alrdy.

Being in a BG, with 52% pvp resillience and 18% pvp damage, i would do decently. i know i ain't fully geared in epics and what not, but this is just absurd.

so, i'm trying to cap Blacksmith in AB, and this warlock come flying down with levitate from LM. dot - dot - 140k crit 120k crit and some minor abilitys, and i'm dead..

then i met him again at the mine about 3 minutes later, thinking i can take him on, everybody says BM is op after all. i mark and sting him, to then stun him in a BW/intimidation combo, thinking i can shoot him down pretty fast. he instant fears me, i trink and pop readyness because i rly want to kill this guy. i'm still at 80% hp, he is at 60%. Well, i didn't even get to pop my readyness before BAM BAM he kills me with a 160k crit followed by another instant 120k crit.

i know, i am probably just a bad player, my max rating in cata was 1700 in 3v3, not rly my main priority.
    if any warlock ever complains about BM hunters, they do something wrong, if this guy can 2-3 shoot people with 390k hp and 52% resillience, then they must be able to do the same.

Sounds like you are doing it wrong.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    if only hunters could silence casters...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    if only hunters could silence casters...oh wait
    If they only could deflect it... *Cough* deterrence *cough*

if he can 2-3 shot people, so can you. just because you don't do it or don't know how to do it doesn't mean they need a nerf or a buff. no, I don't play a warlock.

random BGs are prolly the worst sample you could look at - in 1 BG you can both one shot and get one shot.

and im sorry, but on a low/mid-level plane of "skill", hunters prolly have it the easiest.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-10-31 at 07:22 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    If they only could deflect it... *Cough* deterrence *cough*
    because there is nothing called cooldowns in this game, i'm sure.

and if you can react to 280k burst in less than 1 second, then you should get an award. but no, you sadly can't, so sorry, but take this old cookie.

and yes, i do know BM got a lot of burst, but nothing near 280k in a 0,5 second cast followed by an instant cast. noone can react to that, especialy not while in a fear, trying to claim otherwise just makes you look stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you died to a warlock that fast then you were just letting them free cast chaos bolts, which is just poor play, especially if you are a hunter.

People need to actually play some other classes before complaining. If not play them, at least look and see what they do and how they work.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 217k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.
    The ONLY way a destro lok can kill anything is with the little bit of burst they have. It is the design. It is why they will not be changed. It is a l2p issue.

Honestly, I would be fine if they buffed immolate and incinerate because as is they hit like wet noodles.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-10-31 at 07:23 PM.
    I like sandwiches

if any BM hunter ever complains about warlocks, they do something wrong
    Sorry, but this had to be fixed.

You also mention "dot - dot" probably meaning you lost to a non-destro lock (destro being one of the hardest to kill). My best guess is that your pet was on passive thereby not slapping at the lock, or every one of your CDs are down;

Or a simple L2P issue.

280k in a 0,5 second cast
    Really find this hard to believe. Chaos Bolt is originally a 3sec cast. Even with Backdraft I highly doubt that lock has the haste to turn it into 0.5sec.
    Last edited by kail; 2012-10-31 at 07:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post

The ONLY way a destro lok can kill anything is with the little bit of burst they have. It is the design. It is why they will not be changed. It is a l2p issue.

Honestly, I would be fine if they buffed immolate and incinerate because as is they hit like wet noodles.
    Sounds fine to me, buff the dots and nerf the burst.

And yea, at some levels it is L2P, but this is a random battleground. Arena is a different story, its a lot easier to interrupt or control a lock when there aren't 9 other people around.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    AB, and this warlock come flying down with levitate from LM. dot - dot - 140k crit 120k crit and some minor abilitys, and i'm dead..
    Elaborate.

I see 5 casts. two were dots, two were single target nukes, and the "some minor abilities"

I highly doubt his dots were critting you for 120k+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Being in a BG, with 52% pvp resillience and 18% pvp damage, i would do decently. i know i ain't fully geared in epics and what not, but this is just absurd.

so, i'm trying to cap Blacksmith in AB, and this warlock come flying down with levitate from LM. dot - dot - 140k crit 120k crit and some minor abilitys, and i'm dead..

then i met him again at the mine about 3 minutes later, thinking i can take him on, everybody says BM is op after all. i mark and sting him, to then stun him in a BW/intimidation combo, thinking i can shoot him down pretty fast. he instant fears me, i trink and pop readyness because i rly want to kill this guy. i'm still at 80% hp, he is at 60%. Well, i didn't even get to pop my readyness before BAM BAM he kills me with a 160k crit followed by another instant 120k crit.

i know, i am probably just a bad player, my max rating in cata was 1700 in 3v3, not rly my main priority.
    if any warlock ever complains about BM hunters, they do something wrong, if this guy can 2-3 shoot people with 390k hp and 52% resillience, then they must be able to do the same.
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry that you got beat by a scrub that you should have been able to kill without a blink of an eye... seriously... BM hunter > warlock... so... respectfully, you dont need a nerf for warlocks, you need to pay attention to your class.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks need some nerfs. No class should be able to hit someone for 50%+ hp in 1 hit. Idc how much ramp up time or how long their cast time is.

Instead of l2p, roll a lock, then go destro and then come back to complain about bm hunters instead l2p

For once I find the "L2P" to be constructive in a post like this.

Shadow priests and warlocks both have a ton of cc, defenses, and damage. They are simply far more powerful than a lot of other classes right now.

Warlocks are fine, we are a set up burst class. We have a long ramp up time to do this burst. but when we do this burst it is effective. Why? Because outside of this burst our dmg is below most people.

This warlock probably did the following, unending resolve (immune to silience shot) popped demon soul + pvp trinket and possibly had beserking too (random bg n all)

These cds make chaosbolt really strong because its double dipping. Demon soul will give you 30% crit. Chaos bolt has a 100% chance to crit and its dmg is increased via crit (says so in the tooltip) + a pvp trinket, dont forget most destro locks are picking up GoSac which increases dmg by 25% for single target skills.

High hitting hit, that scales with crit (+30% crit)(+4-5k spell power trinket)(x1.25)(xmastery bonus (Gives xxx amount extra % to ember burning skills) = a big hit.

how to avoid this big hit? Use defensive cds yourself, siliencing shot before or after unending resolve, your bm so you have a pet stun (unending is only proctive vs silience/interrupts not stuns) Deterence, 2nd deterence.

I have vs'd bm hunters that have dropped me so fast its not even funny, when i looked at recount it was around 70% pet dmg 30% player
    Last edited by Nekrosislol; 2012-10-31 at 08:02 PM.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok you can't scream NERF LOCKS when really all you mean is nerf Chaos Bolt. Chaos bolt takes a lot of ramp up time, and then it's a huge cast timer. If you can't keep them from doing that then you deserve a 250k crit in your face. That's on YOU not the warlock. I don't even play Destro cuz I think it's stupid anyway. A true, skilled, arena Warlock will run Affliction and that's that. Sorry your regular BG's aren't 100% balanced. And as a BM hunter all you have to do is hit a macro and you can do twice the burst that a Destro lock can do with 50x the ramp up time.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Locks need some nerfs. No class should be able to hit someone for 50%+ hp in 1 hit. Idc how much ramp up time or how long their cast time is.
    Then give compensation for that. I'd take any other caster's burst over Destruction's any day. Why? Because outside of random BGs, it's practically useless. Although I do agree that the numbers themselves are retarded, Chaos Bolt is not overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Warlocks are fine, we are a set up burst class. We have a long ramp up time to do this burst. but when we do this burst it is effective. Why? Because outside of this burst our dmg is below most people.
    They are not fine, supposedly ele shaman are "fine" which makes warlocks massively over powered. You have more cc, more hp, more defensive abilities, far far more burst, you even have better healing and you do it without having to stop doing damage. Warlocks are superior to elemental shaman in every single way.