Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk floating? What is that

I do apologize for the noob inquiry here. I've raid that for Golden Lotus dailies, the part where you need to survive in a ring for 90 seconds, Monks can just 'float/hover' above the ring for 90 seconds. Although I'm not looking to exploit the daily, I am curious what this 'floating' ability is that I've been reading about? I must be overlooking something.

Thanks for filling me in.

Zen Flight is total quest cheese. Know it, love it.

You can pick up quest items while flying, so that things don't aggro. You can mount from it, to reduce travel time. I have a /castsequence macro with my mount of choice and Zen Flight I use while questing. It's quite helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    I do apologize for the noob inquiry here. I've raid that for Golden Lotus dailies, the part where you need to survive in a ring for 90 seconds, Monks can just 'float/hover' above the ring for 90 seconds. Although I'm not looking to exploit the daily, I am curious what this 'floating' ability is that I've been reading about? I must be overlooking something.

Thanks for filling me in.
    You can loot quest items etc when your on Zen Flight as well, its a really nice glyph.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    But did you know that you can also hover above the "Death Ring" during the Golden Lotus dailies and get credit for the 90 seconds?
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    But did you know that you can also hover above the "Death Ring" during the Golden Lotus dailies and get credit for the 90 seconds?
    No wai... (needs to check this NOW)

I did not know it let you pick up quest items while using it... guess what I'll do tomorrow.

That's one thing I was missing from my druid.

Deleted
    We got a floater, guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Even better you can use it on the torch quest at the Temple of the White Tiger.
    Troll everyone.

Deleted
    Can also fish and use items (and engineering tinkers) while in zen flight (tho they disabled the hardened shell recently)

Shooting a landshark from up in the air looks cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Is mine bugged because my zen flight is slower then my monks walking speed?

Deleted
    It's a 60% increase, and isn't affected by stuff that increases mounted speed like the guild perk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    It's a 60% increase, and isn't affected by stuff that increases mounted speed like the guild perk.
    Is this gonna change soon you think?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    We got a floater, guys.
    Floaters are lol. they can't shoot for shit and they die to anything.
    anyway, yes you can float over the ring thingy, but I didn't get credit towards the achievement for that place

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Is this gonna change soon you think?
    As long as it's insta cast and allows interaction with objects while on it, no.

Deleted
    It's only a minor glyph. Making it too useful would make the glyph mandatory which is something the developers wanted to avoid. Glyphs should be a choice.

You can also fish and archeology in zen flight too.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Is mine bugged because my zen flight is slower then my monks walking speed?
    Working as intended, its not supposed be replaced by your regular flying mounts. But its useful for questing, fishing etc.

i can hover over the survival ring but I don't get credit for not being hit (for achievement) which is perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibutzki View Post
    As long as it's insta cast and allows interaction with objects while on it, no.
    Druid flight form would like to say hello.

Also, you can't interact with MOST things. Any NPC, and many other things will decloud you when you use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.