10+ Year Old Account

Help my raid group's enhancement shaman

My raid group has had very little luck across the board on the Stone Guard. There are plenty of issues of concern, one of which is our melee shaman. He is not the best geared, ilvl 463, and we are working on that. I am curious if there are other things we can do to help him along.

Our most recent failshow is found here.

I am mostly concerned with his rotation. Again, he needs upgrades, we're working on that already. And of course there are general strategy issues ("get out of the amethyst puddle!") that we are still working on as a team. But how is he doing in combat, in terms of use of abilities? ANY help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

It doesnt look like hes using flame tongue on his offhand, which alone would be a large boon to his dps.
    His priority should be keeping searingtotem down, then unlease elements, 5x maelstrom LB, stormstrike, lavalash, flameshock with unleash flame buff and 1 tick or less on target, earthshock.

Get rid of them, don't waste the gear.

I'm sorry to say this, but this person definitely bought their account.

Things they did wrong / didn't do:

- No flame shocks at all
    - No Flametongue weapon imbue on offhand
    - Didn't use Stormblast (Ascendance) once over the whole night.
    - Low fire totem uptime (200 seconds of uptime over a 259 second fight
    - Healing with Chain Heal....
    - Has Lifeblood (Herbalism)
    - 90% uptime, literally for 10% of the fight, he's not doing anything...

I fail to see how someone who has 19 Ultraxion heroic kills, could be forgetting / not doing such important things.

To be honest, no amount of gear will help their cause, I did about 65k on Stone Gaurds with gear a little worse than theirs (No epic MH), using gear as an excuse isn't acceptable when they're doing so much less than what they should be.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2012-11-01 at 02:03 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    - Standing in front of the bosses (Huge amount of glancing blows) when attacking.
    I was unaware that glancing blows could only happen from frontal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Glancing blows can occur from anywhere around the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Woops, you are correct.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    - 90% uptime, literally for 10% of the fight, he's not doing anything...
    I feel the OP got what they needed in terms of advice so I don't feel too bad ninja'ing this for a topic change

Any idea how the logs take into account activity time? I mean, if all you do is autoattack, moving, that should be recorded as 100% uptime correct? I've even had logs of me show less than 100% despite being personally active on the keyboard 100% of the time. What gives?

- Has Lifeblood (Herbalism)
    What's wrong with lifeblood? Haste is our second best secondary stat, becoming our best at full tier gear levels? Warranted it's not as good as having a production profession, but it still isn't the end of the world. I'd be more concerned if he had skinning tbh.
    RETH

Every thing what Defines said ic correct , you enh didnt use FS he use wron enchant on OH he dont use SB during Ascendant and he have a bit to low Fire totem up time
    herbalism isnt wrong at all , but after watching his damage by ability he deff sux in rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    What's wrong with lifeblood? Haste is our second best secondary stat, becoming our best at full tier gear levels? Warranted it's not as good as having a production profession, but it still isn't the end of the world. I'd be more concerned if he had skinning tbh.
    ...my shaman has skinning....

meh, I'm not changing, I use LW and Skinning to be self sufficient :P

But looking at the WoL, he/she has to have bought that account or be a friend who has had the account given to them or something, because there's no way you wouldn't know to not use Flametongue on OH and Flame Shock the boss.

Send him/her to Icy Veins or Elitist Jerks and tell him/her to read the hell up on what they need to do, because things like that are just irritating, as at this precise moment, your raid group is carrying him/her.
    Last edited by Barky; 2012-11-01 at 12:08 PM.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

He is also missing some sockets, has enchants from cata and head without meta socket gem...

I was glancing over the logs and it just seems like he just isn't using his abilities on CD/proc?

One particular fight logged lasted 4min20 (260sec) and he used 14 stormstrikes... which is a 10sec CD and only 13 LBs.
    He has herbalism, which is fine.... but he's barely using lifeblood.... like once every 3rd attempt lol.
    Also, what defines said.

Seems like a L2P issue tbh, gear wont fix this :S
    Last edited by Yalingo; 2012-11-01 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Kind of an aside, but I feel you are making the encounter more difficult then it needs to be by having the DK always hold 2 mobs, and the warrior always with 1 mob. It simplifies the juggling significantly if you just move 1 mob around after the initial settle.

I would recommend the other approach.
    DK picks up 2 mobs
    Warrior picks up 1 mob
    Swap non-petrifying mobs ~50% (little more complicated if the warrior's petrifies)

After the first explosion, only move 1 mob. If the lone mob starts petrifying, that tank taunts the mob that just exploded. If the mob that petrifies is one of the pair, no taunts required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Kind of an aside, but I feel you are making the encounter more difficult then it needs to be by having the DK always hold 2 mobs
    Sigh...yes, I know. But like I said, I'm here looking for Shaman-specific advice. Which I've got a lot of now, thanks everyone, this will be very helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    I was glancing over the logs and it just seems like he just isn't using his abilities on CD/proc?

One particular fight logged lasted 4min20 (260sec) and he used 14 stormstrikes... which is a 10sec CD and only 13 LBs.
    8sec cd but basicly yea he should use it many times more asuming its mele friendly fight

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"