Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Why would you put signs in your yard in the first place? O.o
    Why do people hang banners of sports teams on their walls? Why do people set their desktop background to cars the like.

People like to cheer for things they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yard signs do little to nothing in large elections, but stealing or harming them when they are on private property is against the law, plain and simple. Let whoever lives their express their little political views while not affecting anyone at all, why would it bother you?
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    And your location is Called Istanbul, the Turks changed the name since theyve owned the property for 600 years :P
    Yeah, you can't go back to Constantinople. Its been a long time gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Why do people hang banners of sports teams on their walls? Why do people set their desktop background to cars the like.

Lol if someone in the UK put signs up outside their house during elections people would think they were mental.
    I guess we aren't as patriotic as you Americans though

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'm curious about, to other parts of the world outside of the US as I see a few people from other countries posting here, do you have political yard signs?

I've never seen one except on American TV, I know they don't have them in NZ and as far as I can tell they also don't exist in AU either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post

Never understood those other two things either actually...

For some reason, this reminded me of an article I read a few weeks ago. It really amused me!

Republican Deer

Got a few chuckles out of me anyway :P In my area (Mills County, TX), it's considered vandalism to deface someone's property. So most political signs, even the Obama ones, will survive! And the small town cops up here are hard asses.

What would you even do with that sign once it's stolen? If you're going to go that route, deface it thoroughly with whatever vulgarities you can think of. That'll teach them to have a different opinion than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Details-Minneapolis, MN. A Vote No (man/woman marriage amendment) sign was stolen from my yard. My wife (female) paid for it, I (male) put it up, and now it is gone. Prior to this I truly didn't care one way or the other, but now my vote has been decided.
    Yes, OP. Minneapolis has a problem with sign stealing. I don't know why people do it.

It has been on the state news before during the Kerry and Bush election and recently as well. My father called me a couple of days ago because someone stole his sign 3 times in the same week, and he wanted to hook up a camera. The Police have caught some of them before on the news.

I guess what they found was some hipster kids drive around in cars and pluck them out of yards at night, so don't be quick to blame your neighbors. Put up a cheap camera and catch them.

One of my old neighbors, who is black, had an obama sign out during the 2008 elections. someone threw it in his backyard, and also a piece of chicken along with it. I don't even know what to say about that....(I live in Arizona)

You should vote the way you want. Not to spite 1 idiot. People always point fingers at entire groups/sides when it's just 1 idiot doing it.
    I doubt it would be done as an attempt to sway your vote in their favor. Maybe they are worried your sign might sway neutrals. Of course it's wrong/stupid/illegal, just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Yes, OP. Minneapolis has a problem with sign stealing. I don't know why people do it.
    Hicks are actually SHOOTING Graves signs in the 6th. Some pheasant hunters put a shotgun round through mine.

Nothing says "2nd Amendment rights" like putting a shell through someone else's property.

Just figure out a way to run electricity through the sign, that'll teach em.

Or landmines.