Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    That is an advantage that ATI have. NVIDIA switched to their "Boost" design with this generation, which makes overclocking them a lot of hassle.

I've not heard anything. I'd assume it to be a loose power connector, either the one you plug in or something internal. The worst i've had have been the occasional "flicker" that doesn't even last long enough for me to notice it properly. Blink and i'd miss it, and it's never interrupted my focus.
    its fine now, it stopped after about 10 mins, also i didnt take much of a hit performance wise bf3 still performs reasonably (w/o motion blur ect.) and on wow there's no difference at all.
    i5-3570k | ASUS 670DCii-TOP | ASUS-P8Z77 | 8GB corsair vengeance | 2TB WD Caviar black

Quote Originally Posted by Mekks View Post
    I have been running one of these monitors for about a year (yamakasi catleap). I replaced the plastic stand with a cheap monoprice one and its great!

I did end up with a stuck pixel but the seller refunded some of the cost to make it a great deal for me (300$ shipped after refund).

They are A- pannels that apple declined (they only use A+).
    It's funny cause a lot of them perform better than Apple CinemaDisplay

Using a EVGA GTX 670 FTW, if I use the 27" shimian qh270 w/ a 24" 1920x1080 acer monitor in dual monitor mode where my game is on the shimian and say browser is open on the acer monitor, will that hurt performance on the game or anything? Never had dual monitor setup so I don't know if it affects fps or not. My thoughts were that it won't since the second monitor will be doing simple things like simply a webpage open, but don't know for sure, so that's why I'm asking.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Using a EVGA GTX 670 FTW, if I use the 27" shimian qh270 w/ a 24" 1920x1080 acer monitor in dual monitor mode where my game is on the shimian and say browser is open on the acer monitor, will that hurt performance on the game or anything? Never had dual monitor setup so I don't know if it affects fps or not. My thoughts were that it won't since the second monitor will be doing simple things like simply a webpage open, but don't know for sure, so that's why I'm asking.
    Nope, i do exactly the same and have done for years (dual monitor that it). Your GPU is smart enough to know where it needs to focus
    [...]

Ok, nice. 1 more thing, if I fraps games, they're gonna be recorded at 2560x1440 obviously, so when I go render will setting them to 1920x1080 cause any black bars in videos?

No, because 2560x1440 is the same aspect ratio as 1920x1080

Yeah, so got to the mail department today and had to pay extra 160$ for the monitor. Seriously f my country and it's tax laws. AND I only get it delivered to me on Monday. There better not be any stuck pixels in it *shakes fist furiously*.
    First self-built rig
    CPU:Intel i5-2500k|CPU Cooler: CM 212+ EVO
    MoBO:ASRock Extreme 4 z77|GPU:EVGA GTX 680
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb black|SSD: Crucial m4 64gb
    PSU: Corsair TX 750]

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Nope, i do exactly the same and have done for years (dual monitor that it). Your GPU is smart enough to know where it needs to focus
    You got pictures of that setup? Would be nice to see .

Anyone know if the brand "Matrix Neo" is comparable to the Shimian Achieva quality-wise? I was getting ready to order and noticed a particularly good deal on this brand rather than Shimian Achieva. It claims to be one of those Apple Cinema clones.
    Sig by Listrata

So I've finally got the monitor delivered to me this noon and I unboxed everything:
    Came in a very tight package

There were 2 dents on the box, but they seemed just cosmetic ones

Same as for all of the monitor boxes

Plugged everything in and damn my old monitor looks small and uncomfortable now, I don't know if I even can use 2 now(+my desk is super small and flimsy)

No dead pixel - as stated in the order. I'm very happy with that. But ofcourse you get what you pay for - got a little back light bleeding(only the 2 spots on the left - everything else is fine, just camera captured it that way)

Well it doesn't distract me much, but it's kinda noticeable when you're on dark-ish pages or in caves and dungeons.Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase except for the customs tax ofcourse.
    First self-built rig

Titan
    That's good to see Ninjaxl! You perhaps see what i meant when i mentioned text and such being clearer.

Mine doesn't have much blacklight bleeding (if any at all). Compared with my £300 3D Vision 120Hz Acer monitor i bought in September last year which has very noticable bleeding at both sides and the top, it's not something i'd ever expect to be perfect from any monitor, but i was pleasantly surprised mine was pretty non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    Anyone know if the brand "Matrix Neo" is comparable to the Shimian Achieva quality-wise? I was getting ready to order and noticed a particularly good deal on this brand rather than Shimian Achieva. It claims to be one of those Apple Cinema clones.
    They all use similar panels and literally, the extra price is somewhere between features and seller margins, and not quality. Quality between all of the different models will be very similar. Choose it based on price, features, design and seller, and not on quality because again, they're all very similar in quality. The panel is very similar to those used in Apple Cinema displays, but these panels were rejected by Apple for some reason (usually because some out of that batch of 100 or 1000 failed QC in some way).

I noticed a panel at £185 GBP just a few days ago, while the one i bought had increased to £210.
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    Alright .. got 2 more questions:
    1. How common is dead pixel problem with the Achieva?
    2. I have a gtx 670 and an i5 3570k .. currently play on a 24" 1920x1080 all my games play fine @ 1920x1080 will I see a bIG performance hit @ 2560x1440 in games?
    Hmm An answer at your second question.. Make a new custom resolution profile in nvidia control panel. Launch your game (your best bet is BF3) and make sure you changed the resolution in the game as well.

I noticed a dump of 40 FPS on my gtx 680..

Chiming in and chiming out, they use the same panels as in big name brands (apple/dell) albeit a generation behind depending on what models you look at (obviously dell/apple have some newer models using newer panels), but you aren't getting some b grade panel, it's the same panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Can pretty much confirm this. GTX 680 was runnig full ultra in WoW(I know, not the best one to prove)on 1680x1050 @ stable 60fps. Now on 2560x1440 to have stable 60fps had to lower multisampling to 4x and texture filtering to 8x. (*Shadow quality was low on both resolutions, cause I don't need it)
    + Played Asasins Creed 3 and ran max settings, but don't know how resourceful it is.
    First self-built rig

Hmm... Seems like all sellers upped their prices by $50-100, and just when I'm getting tax refunds...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Not sure if anyone knows this, i dont remember seeing an answer in the original oc.net post, but does anyone know the long term effects of overclocking your panel?
    Uhm just play in your nvidia control panel just bump it with 5Hz by making a custom resolution. You see that the Pixelclock turned to run at a higher frequency like 160MHz.

The pixelclockgenerator is on the graphics card, not on the monitor. Your monitor just should receive more frames from the GPU. I tried it on my Samsung S24a430hs orsomething which is just a TN panel with 60hz default and was doing the 75Hz fine but I found it that the monitor was giving much more brightness than at 60hz.

If you only could squeesh 20hz more, it's pointless really.

What do you guys think of those pixel perfect versions that cost usually $50 more? Worth it or not?

@Synthax

You had a gtx 670 right? If you play @ 1440p with 8x ssaa, texture filtering quality set to the max, ambient occlussion aswell and lod bias to clamp.. how much vram it uses in bf3?

@1080p with my 680, I'm using 1800/2000MB >.>

Quick question.. This is the DVI cable I have right now:

http://gyazo.com/4f379ddeb34d31ddce746b2084175266 (screenshot)

It's the dual link needed for the monitor, but that fits perfectly & works into this port on the back of my evga gtx 670 ftw:

http://gyazo.com/1132593cc423573b4fc4db3b7c8c71a7 (screenshot)

So monitor will work right? Noticed this yesterday when I was moving my PC around.
    Sig by Listrata

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    Can pretty much confirm this. GTX 680 was runnig full ultra in WoW(I know, not the best one to prove)on 1680x1050 @ stable 60fps. Now on 2560x1440 to have stable 60fps had to lower multisampling to 4x and texture filtering to 8x. (*Shadow quality was low on both resolutions, cause I don't need it)
    + Played Asasins Creed 3 and ran max settings, but don't know how resourceful it is.
    Well I turn antialiasing transparency on 8X SSAA and amb occlussion & texture filtering to the max and I'm hitting in WoW 1.5GB? BF3 like 1.8GB + fxaa. I guess 8x supersampling is a big memory soaker. But still being at 1.9GB/2GB doesn't mean the card will perform less than a card with 4GB vram.