Light of the Cosmos for Frost

Hey all, was wondering when i pick this trinket up what bomb would then be best to use for frost mages?

Living Bomb works, but Nether Tempest is better especially for Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon View Post
    Living Bomb works, but Nether Tempest is better especially for Frost.
    whys that? I really will miss frost bomb but if its a dps upgrade and keeps me off of fire i'll be happy haha

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Icy Veins, LB is the best bomb for frost, calculated to have the best procrate of ffb.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    According to Icy Veins, LB is the best bomb for frost, calculated to have the best procrate of ffb.
    even better than frost bomb? i heard it's basically the same and frost bomb is better for aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    even better than frost bomb? i heard it's basically the same and frost bomb is better for aoe
    Frost Bomb does not proc Light of the Cosmos, which is Best in Slot.
    This makes Living Bomb superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Frost Bomb does not proc Light of the Cosmos, which is Best in Slot.
    This makes Living Bomb superior.
    haha i know tha, what im wondering is more between nether and living

Personally, after I got LotC I went with Living Bomb and glyphed Fire Blast to make it easier to spread. I tried NT but I suck at multi dotting by hand.

haha i know tha, what im wondering is more between nether and living
    I was answering your question

Nether tempest will proc the trinket about 3 times faster than Living bomb. On average I expect it to proc every 50 seconds for NT, 60 seconds for LB. Meaning 20% more uptime with NT. Of course that is single target, on multi-target the difference should be much smaller.

Edit: I ran my profile through SimCraft and found the following:

1. With LFR Light of the Cosmos, NT produces 3.5% more overall DPS than LB.
    2. Without the trinket, NT is 2% more DPS than LB.
    3. Trinket uptime was 23% higher with NT than LB.

So basically NT is slightly better than LB (assuming you have a fair amount of haste), and the gap becomes wider with this trinket.
    Last edited by Tickspoon; 2012-11-01 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Yesterday, on Feng(LFR) with Living Bomb, I have 33% uptime for Light of Cosmos (uptime calculate by skada).
    But don't forget that Alter time can mess-up a little with buff duration & up-time.

Deleted
    So LB or NT ?? considering FFB and trink proc rate

Quote Originally Posted by Ciros View Post
    So LB or NT ?? considering FFB and trink proc rate
    I think the summary would be: NT has the theoretical advantage, but the difference is not huge so go for whichever you are more comfortable with of NT or LB. I would suggest you try both and see.

Deleted
    NT. LB has a smaller "fuck up" ratio though. You can refresh lb and nt before the last tick/explosion, and it'll still do the last tick/explosion, but the time between ticks for lb is longer than for nt, so you got more space to refresh it in without losing uptime.