Thread: afflic dps help

afflic dps help

HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Xanala/simple
    Ok so here's the thing I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. I keep all my dots up and refresh them at 3 sec left if not close to that, I keep haunt up at all times if possible if not i switch to doing soul drain to get a few shard then back to using maleficent grasp as my filler. thing is I'm the lowest dps in my guilds weekend raid team at 34-38k only. i know there's something that I'm do wrong with ether my gear or my rotation but i fallow Noxxic on rotation and using Askmrrobot for optimizing my gear. i don't run any addons to keep track of dot and what not but i rarely see my dots drop off. So if anyone has a few tips for me on gear and rotation it would be much appreciated.

Do you have any logs?

Proper thread is located here :http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...osting)/page97
    Stickied on the top of our forums.
    Cyner#1996

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is no-one else doing it, you need to keep Curse of the Elements up.
    Opener should be Soul Burn, Soul Swap to get all your dots ticking, then Haunt, Dark Soul, MG, MG. After that keep your rotation going. I'd advise against Drain Soul to get shards back unless you really need them. Just rely on procs.

It all depends on the fight though - you might be better off using a shard to get instant dots on another add or boss.

Don't use Glyph of Soul Swap, it sucks these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Opener should be Soul Burn, Soul Swap to get all your dots ticking, then Haunt, Dark Soul, MG, MG.
    only been playing a lock for 2 weeks but I know that this is wrong. you want to dark soul BEFORE you soul swap so you dots get the haste benefit which in turn makes your MG deal more damage because of more dot ticks

Just goiing to chime in and say that that is correct that apply to all of your self buffs. so macro Dark soul with trinket, have another for prepot and wait for eventual hero.
    when you do have dark soul going also, usually the shard flow is pretty good and you can sqeeze in another SB:SS when UA is about 7s left to refresh all. but depends lil on shards, often you overflow, then you can do that

If you're using Drain Soul outside of the execute range (~20%), that's why. Never use Drain Soul to get Shard back. Wait till Nightfall proc and don't overuse Haunt.
    Also make sure you're using all cooldowns available, eg Doomguard, Dark Soul, any trinkets you have equipped, etc.

Other major factor is your active time - make sure you're always doing something. Casting a wrong spell is better than casting nothing (most of the time). If you're on the move, make sure you cast Fel Flame or Life Tap. Don't spend a fraction of a second idling outside of GCD or cast time. Most cases of "low dps in raids" is usually due to low active time. If you have the logs, look at your active time and make sure it's above 95%.

thx guys i got a log add on. hopefully it my dps will go up this weekend.