Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    you werent lvl 1 by any chace?

Assuming 420k hp, 62% resilience if he was just sitting there AFK, you'd need to be able to do 21k DPS on a target dummy. (420,000*.03=12600/.62=20320).

Yes, this IS ridiculously high, but if you're free to unload - that should be easy to burst down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    That's complete garbage logic, and always has been. A healer can't out-DPS the healing of a DPS, but it's fine for a DPS's damage to out-DPS a Healer's healing. Seems like a double-standard, but it's been that way for years. Particularly, with melee.
    except its SELF HEALS --HE CANT HEAL OTHER PEOPLE WITH SECOND WIND-- you have GOT to be kidding me if you actually think that a healer should be able to kill all dps AND keep themselves and others at full hp, whats next? tanks can take heaps of dmg so you want healers to be just as good at tanking as tanks?

Also to poke a massive, gaping hole in your 'logic', DPS cannot heal nearly as proficiently as a healer can - and its clear they dont, because if they did, why dont you see ele shamans, ret pallys, shadow priests, etc. healing raids - and thus, healers; cannot, should not, and will not be able to 1v1 a dps (barring any shockadin-esque mistakes, or low level pvp)

in short:
    heal/dps/tank exist for a reason, if you want everyone to do everything, GW2 is over there...
    the power of self heals today are a direct consequence of healer damage, because without them, healers would win fights against every dps simply through attrition
    this isnt a new issue, is it OP? no... remember recuperate? what about old blood craze? sl/sl locks? at least second wind is so close to execute range that with one medium hitting spell/ability you can drop them below execute range long enough to get an execute off and deny them their second wind (excluding any healer interference/defensive cds)
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-06 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Assuming 420k hp, 62% resilience if he was just sitting there AFK, you'd need to be able to do 21k DPS on a target dummy. (420,000*.03=12600/.62=20320).

Yes, this IS ridiculously high, but if you're free to unload - that should be easy to burst down.
    Your math is wrong.

420.000*0,03/(1-0,62) = 33158 Healing per second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second Wind isn't balanced, what's new?
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-11-06 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    except its SELF HEALS --HE CANT HEAL OTHER PEOPLE WITH SECOND WIND-- you have GOT to be kidding me if you actually think that a healer should be able to kill all dps AND keep themselves and others at full hp, whats next?
    Where did you take that "AND" from?
    And yes a healer should actually have a chance 1v1 against a dps spec, because their healing on themselfes is worse than their healing on a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Your math is wrong.

I thought that looked off.. Thanks.

So according to certain posters in this thread...a DPSers DPS should be greater than a healers HPS. Also, a DPSers HPS should be greater than a healers DPS. Sounds...legit.

PS. My Disc priest would 'love" a passive 21K HPS self-heal...

Your doing something impossibly wrong if you cant kill a warrior whos afk as an spriest. With no MS my fully geared second wind ticks for ~10k per second assuming no buffs because hes afk. Your telling me going full retard raid boss you cant do over 10k dps to a stationary player target? Ive had spriests in duels drop me in 10 seconds while im on them, cant imagine what your doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Your doing something impossibly wrong if you cant kill a warrior whos afk as an spriest. With no MS my fully geared second wind ticks for ~10k per second assuming no buffs because hes afk. Your telling me going full retard raid boss you cant do over 10k dps to a stationary player target? Ive had spriests in duels drop me in 10 seconds while im on them, cant imagine what your doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    It sounds like you're in low gear if you're being dropped in 10 seconds by a spriest.

It sounds like you're in low gear if you're being dropped in 10 seconds by a spriest.
    Perhaps a little exaggeration, but they can burst pretty hard. Anyway your guy's math is all over the place. What warrior has 420k health and 62% resil? My fully geared war has 342k unbuffed with 59% resil. Assuming D stance with my gear (probably better than the war he was facing):

I do 10,260 hps. I take 30.75% normal damage. Therefore he needs to do at least 33365 dps before pvp power to outdo my second wind. Assuming 25% pvp power (very low and with no weapon, my war sits at 45%), he needs to "raidboss rotation" ~25k dps which is in no way difficult especially considering im right next to shadow word death range and SW hits like a truck.

We all know second wind is op for 1v1s, but you have to remember we have 0 self-heals outside of damn near dead range.

Deleted
    hang on, you cant kill a warrior who is off having a crap, simply because his passive abilitys wont allow it?

Thats bullshit, how many warriors are in here praying to hell they dont get fixed soon, Its comming warriors the nerfs will roll, this will not last for long live it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    More anti-warrior propaganda

When did players get 420K HP with 62% resilience? The maximum buffed health (PW: Fortitude) of a player is 388K in Malevolent gear. I know cuz PTR. We would expect warriors to roll with Battle Shout over Commanding so their max health is 366K in Malevolent gear, unless they're running with a Priest.

Warriors generally run with 60% resilience. More and you're gimping your damage significantly.

But wait, there's more! You need to account for PvP power which people have at least 40% of.

366K * 0.03 / (1-0.6) / 1.4 = 19.6K DPS on a target dummy in PvP gear. Since people are doing about 50K damage sustained on a target dummy, this shouldn't be that big of a problem.

When the Warrior is down to Second Wind health, they're in execute zone. If you have an execute and can't kill a Warrior, you're gonna have a bad time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    When did players get 420K HP with 62% resilience? The maximum buffed health (PW: Fortitude) of a player is 388K in Malevolent gear. I know cuz PTR. We would expect warriors to roll with Battle Shout over Commanding so their max health is 366K in Malevolent gear, unless they're running with a Priest.

Warriors generally run with 60% resilience. More and you're gimping your damage significantly.

But wait, there's more! You need to account for PvP power which people have at least 40% of.

366K * 0.03 / (1-0.6) / 1.4 = 19.6K DPS on a target dummy in PvP gear. Since people are doing about 50K damage sustained on a target dummy, this shouldn't be that big of a problem.

When the Warrior is down to Second Wind health, they're in execute zone. If you have an execute and can't kill a Warrior, you're gonna have a bad time.
    You are not accounting for defensive stance and the fact that most players would in fact be using commanding shout if they are about to die.