Deleted

Healing via Grid - I don't know where to start.

Hey.

So I'm interested in healing by Grid on my shaman. However checking google made me more confused than I was before that idea and most of them showing how to set-up the visual side of Grid.

The things I'm still wonder about are:
    -Do I need anything else than Grid (with mana bars and buff status plugin) to start healing without mouseover macros?
    -If there are any good guides where are they hiding?
    -I heard something about Clique addon but cannot really get how it's working.

There are several plug-ins for Grid - for buffs/debuffs/hots/threat/CDs etc - some are class specific.

Clique addon works well with Grid. Through Clique, you can select a spell in your spell book and assign it a key or mouse button, then that spell is used on the person you target on Grid.

For example, you could assign your middle mouse button for Earth Shield. Then move the cursor to a character's health bar on grid, press centre mouse button and Earth Shield will be cast on that person.

Here are some guides - how useful they will be to you, I don't know - they may be very out of date.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Grid-Tutorial

http://pocketheals.blogspot.co.uk/20...atch-with.html
    Last edited by Autumn; 2012-11-01 at 12:12 AM.

First of all grid2 is better than grid in every way. The ONLY reason people still use grid is that its what they know and they're too lazy to get a better addon.

I could make an argument against clique as to why mouseover (macro) healing is better, but its mostly preference.

General advise - it is worth learning how to use your addons. If you are so lost before even starting what that says to me is you don't have the faintest clue about how to configure addons in general. Not hating on you, TONS of people are like this - but it really, really helps when you know how to make your own macros and configure your own addons.

Sorry but mouseover (macro) healing is shitty. I have to use my mouse and keys to heal, no way to move.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Sorry but mouseover (macro) healing is shitty. I have to use my mouse and keys to heal, no way to move.
    well having a proper gaming mouse (naga ideally) helps

clique is fine but
    - requires you to have addons, if you're ever healing at a friend's house who doesnt have them, or addons break in a patch etc you are SOL

mouseovers are fine but
    - require you to know how to make them, require effecient keybinding so they don't limit your movement

most pve healers use a combination of direct casting and mouse over casting depending on movement requirements.

in pvp macro healing is essential as mouseovers are less optimal, learning to utilize /targettarget and /focustarget /party1-5 macros will improve your reactions significantly.

calling it 'shitty' tells me you don't really understand much about raid healing, particularly in larger raid sizes. understanding proper binding and using the properly sized equipment will vastly improve your healing experience and efficiency.

i used clique for a very long time, and still use it on some of my more macro intensive toons. its a poor man's guide to mouseover macros. its very useful, and a great basic tool if you are not good with macros, but i think writing your own macros will probably more effective in the long run.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Is there an addon for grid that shows the icon for who is the tank, healer, dps etc?

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Is there an addon for grid that shows the icon for who is the tank, healer, dps etc?
    unless your raid frames are huge, you shouldnt have room for this
    your raid frames shouldnt be huge

you should have names showing (in my opinion) and be able to internalize people's raid positions. If it helps, have the raid leader configure the groups so the tanks/melee are together, healers all in one gruop etc, it helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I use GridStatusDungeonRole for little squares to see who's tanking/healing.

And it looks like this(click me) IG. White square is for tanks, blue being for healers.

*edit*

Yes, that's my warrior, but i have the dungeon role icons for all my toons, regardless of the role. :P

i used healium and it was a fairly easy one to use for a new healer.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    most pve healers use a combination of direct casting and mouse over casting depending on movement requirements.

in pvp macro healing is essential as mouseovers are less optimal, learning to utilize /targettarget and /focustarget /party1-5 macros will improve your reactions significantly.

calling it 'shitty' tells me you don't really understand much about raid healing, particularly in larger raid sizes. understanding proper binding and using the properly sized equipment will vastly improve your healing experience and efficiency.

i used clique for a very long time, and still use it on some of my more macro intensive toons. its a poor man's guide to mouseover macros. its very useful, and a great basic tool if you are not good with macros, but i think writing your own macros will probably more effective in the long run.
    Lol okay, I've been using HB or Vuhdo for 5 goin on 6 years now. I rarely run out of mana unless raid is taking avoidable damage, and I am currently out healing the other healer in my raid by a not small amount, and doing another 12k absorbs on top of that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 10:18 PM ----------

I dare say that most pve healers use Healbot, vuhdo, or clique. Clique is just a crappier version of vuhdo.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    unless your raid frames are huge, you shouldnt have room for this
    your raid frames shouldnt be huge

you should have names showing (in my opinion) and be able to internalize people's raid positions. If it helps, have the raid leader configure the groups so the tanks/melee are together, healers all in one gruop etc, it helps.
    I just wondered if there was an addon for it. I can deal with it just fine, but I just always liked how the default raid frames had the little icon to prioritize the roles.

Lol okay, I've been using HB or Vuhdo for 5 goin on 6 years now. I rarely run out of mana unless raid is taking avoidable damage, and I am currently out healing the other healer in my raid by a not small amount, and doing another 12k absorbs on top of that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 10:18 PM ----------

I dare say that most pve healers use Healbot, vuhdo, or clique. Clique is just a crappier version of vuhdo.
    i can't stand vuhdo personally, it sucks up a ton of memory and its needlessly complicated to configure. i've been using the default frames since they changed it so you can configure it to look like grid.

you can do everything vuhdo does with the default frames and macros. vudho really just makes your UI look nice.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    I dunno if this would interest you,
    But this addon can be configured as much as grid
    But you can config it way easier.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/compactraid
    If not just ignore my post.
    Most of my friends that tried it have said that it's awesome.
    I've tried 90%of the raid frame addons out there,but this is the one for me.Maybe the one for you

I think that clique is the way to go. I never used mouse over before, and decided that I should get used to it. So I got Clique since it works with Grid, and found out that you don't have to make macros to do it. And I love it, will never go without it again. I hate the whole shift+left click kind of stuff, so being able to mouse over while still using the normal keys I use is awesome.

It also gives it a really nice function of hiding more bars if you want, or for the case of say a disc priest, or something like a resto shaman, that may be using damaging spells, it makes it so much easier to use them.

The amount of time you've been doing something has no impact on its validity.
    Whether you're better or worse than one other individual has no impact on the objective validity of your methods.
    Absorbs are rolled into healing on healing meters already, where are you getting your figures?
    What class are you?

If I had to guess I would say most healers use Healbot. Most healers, however, are bad. Many good healers use Vuhdo, and I'm sure plenty use clique as well.

The problem I have here, specifically, is that we're generalizing too much. Let's get specific for a moment:

Using clique to literally click your frames for some of your primary heals is perfectly valid, but does not cover all the abilities you will need to use to be a good healer. Even if you use clique you still need good keybinds.

"most pve healers use a combination of direct casting and mouse over casting depending on movement requirements."

This ^ is completely correct. There are too many situations where you need fine mouse control over movement while healing which requires that that person be targetted. Being prepared for any contingency is what makes a good healer, not just throughput.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way to heal with Grid:

Click on person who needs a heal
    Heal them
    Click on next person who needs a heal
    Heal them
    Rinse and repeat.

It's like a big game of whack-a-mole. I used that one addon that right/left click heals the lowest HP person for all of a day, and nearly died of boredom. At least with the whack-a-mole approach you keep yourself entertained.

Sidenote: If you put a finger in your ear and scratch lightly, it sounds like Pac-Man. WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA.
    Signature by Holycrush