10+ Year Old Account

Google chrome "Drop down adds" problem.

SOLVED, IT'S THE FBPHOTOZOOM CHROME EXTENSION.

Hey guys, was just wondering if you could possibly lend me a hand with a reletivly small but reallyfuckingannoying problem ive been having with Google Chrome lately.

Basically, on a normal block of text, a few of the words turn into hyperlinks that take me to some scam survey or something. I've attached a picture of this happening on the MMO Champ main page. (Note, this happens on all websites I visit that have basic blocks of text, even Youtube comments get it.)

This issue only started happening today. I cannot remember downloading anything that could have caused this (with the exception of a Breaking Bad torrent from a trusted source [hey, BB doesnt play in Australia ok]). I ran IE to see if it was on there as well, but it didnt appear to be, so I suppose its a Chrome exclusive issue. I tried using adblock to deal with them, but I can only block them once, they immediatly come back upon reloading the page. I also installed and FULLY scanned my computer with malwarebytes, and while it did fortunately kill a few suspicious files, nothing changed after the scan and a restart.

Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated, this is really really annoying.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2012-11-01 at 05:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    have you tried going in to your extensions/addons settings to see if there is anything fishy in there?

Also go to add remove programs to see if there is anything odd in there as well. Sometimes I forget to uncheck boxes with with programs that have adware. (seems like everythings got it now lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Ok, this is pretty fucked. So, I'd had someone else offer me the same advice you had lokithor, i.e., look at the chrome extensions, see if there are any i dont recognize, but the thing is I've only ever had three; Adblock, facebook photo zoom and youtube rating showing thinggy. Now, i've had these three for a very long time, but just for shits I thought I'd try disabling them one by one to see what happened.

Basically, the fbphotozoom extension was slipping more adds into my webpages. /sigh, at least we know what the problem was. Fucking untrustworthy facebook.

Thanks a ton for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Have you unticked "show non intrusive ads" in Adblock Plus preferences?