Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto - Help! 2 Healing MSV

So my raid leader whispers me last night and tells me that for our first raid tomorrow night he wants to 2 heal the whole thing. 1 Healer being himself (Holy Pally) and the other one being.....ME!

I'll preface this by saying yes I am undergeared. I've been working towards getting gear together but up until last night thought I'd have an easier time of it with 2 other healers. Armory is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ofarean/simple . I can probably get the Wildblood chest by tomorrow night which will make a difference.

I need some recommendations on spec / glyphs / reforging and the like. Also found out that we will have no spell haste so that throws my reforging to the breakpoints out the window Now I'm thinking about going heavy mastery and spirit?

I was really looking forward to raiding but at this stage I'm on the verge of telling him to take someone else. What do you guys reckon, can I man up and do this like a boss or do I /flightform and flee? Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see it with your ilvl and no experience in the raid of 2 healing it.. My guild has taken it slow too and on our attempts on Feng the amount of Phase 3 damage has overwhelmed 3 healers, we aren't pro by any stretch of the imagination and have had massive attendance problems so that is a factor but if your armoury is accurate this is your first venture in MSV.. 2 healing is a BAD idea.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

We 2 heal most fights ( holy paladin with holy priest) and the holy priest is kinda meh, so I'm usually doing the most healing. I'd say with your comp you should be fine 2 healing, just make sure you bring pots and manage your mana, but you should be fine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flasks and food being supplied and I'll definitely make sure to bring plenty of pots!! As far as the raid going ahead it's not a deal breaker as there is the possibility of having a resto shammy swap with me.

I guess what I really to focus on and need help with now is reforging and glyphs. I think my spec choices would be correct....I get ToL for "oh shit" moments and the passive 6% int. Looks like WG and Regrowth glyphs would be better for me do you think? As mentioned I think reforging to spirit / mastery would be a better way to go....especially with RG glyph meaning I don't need heavy crit?

It seems like we are taking totally different approaches. I will just tell you how i play. My talent choice has gone away from incarnation and into SotF. I already got used to swiftmending and wilgrowth combo, and that seems to work very well for me. To compensate for ToL i take nature's vigil for most fights, while using HotW for gara.
    By choosing SotF and casting WG only after swiftmend (so once 15s) helps me manage my mana while maintaining good throuput.
    For glyphs i will tell you why i dont use regrowth. Because i almost never cast it. HT goes into those clearcast procs way better. At first the timing of longer cast would throw me off, but regrowth is just worthless.
    For reforge - i am not perfect, i just through everything into haste. Extra 900 mastery would be good, but i am lazy and dont give a fuck.
    For gemming - i go for int, and if i will get a blue slotted piece of gear i will gem hybrid spirit into that.

At this point i raid with 6k spirit, and its tough at times, all fights i finish drained. But we down it.
    Last edited by volkvin; 2014-01-03 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Flasks and food being supplied and I'll definitely make sure to bring plenty of pots!! As far as the raid going ahead it's not a deal breaker as there is the possibility of having a resto shammy swap with me.

I guess what I really to focus on and need help with now is reforging and glyphs. I think my spec choices would be correct....I get ToL for "oh shit" moments and the passive 6% int. Looks like WG and Regrowth glyphs would be better for me do you think? As mentioned I think reforging to spirit / mastery would be a better way to go....especially with RG glyph meaning I don't need heavy crit?
    hi there.
    2m healing it with your gear will require some good cooldown management. Remember for an example that tree of life has a very long ramp up time
    before it gets really powerful, in other words, remember to prehot well. Burning 20-30% mana on prehots for tough moments is like a CD without an
    actual cooldown if your raid is fully hotted before hell breaks lose. Not sure how well you prehot but it's definitely going to ease out a lot of pressure
    since almost all damage in MSV comes in waves.

for the talents, I'd say go with nature's vigil. the 6% passive intellect isn't worth it on most fights if you don't have to assist with the dps that is, which
    I assume you won't since you'll 2m heal it. Again, popping nature's vigil and prehot big bursts of damage is totally going to make a difference especially since it lasts for so long. try it out, it's all a matter of what you like the most.

For glyphs I'd go with Rejuvenation, Lifebloom and either Wildgrowth since your gear isnt the best, but it will require you to time your wild growth better for the same/more output, or stampede just for convenience.
    if you don't like the stampede glyph you could go with this macro and just press it untill your out of form again ^^

/cast stampeding roar
    /cancelform
    /cancelaura Treant form

Gemming and reforging. This is all about preference. I totally love going intellect->Spellpower->Haste 3043->Spirit 8000->Mastery
    but the more mainstream way is Spirit + 11000 or even more. Again, it's a matter of preference. Before I got into heroic raiding I went
    with 6000 spirit which was enough in my opinion but it might not be for you. I don't know.
    Remember to enchant everything, in the long run it'll make a huge difference and reforge everything away above 3043 haste, it's just a waste compared
    to the mastery you'd gain.

Take care and good luck with your raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I just don't see it with your ilvl and no experience in the raid of 2 healing it.. My guild has taken it slow too and on our attempts on Feng the amount of Phase 3 damage has overwhelmed 3 healers,
    We found that not having to heal through Epicenters makes our healers happy. This fight's ultimate success hinges on your offtank performance in Phase1 and your MT in phase 2, if OT manages to stun the boss on every other epicenter your healers will go into P2+3 with high amount of mana and all their raid cooldowns intact.
    If MT uses the nulification barrier correctly in P2, you'll go into P3 without extra aoe damage from P2 flame inhale thingy. The rest is just execution and bloodlust

On topic: wouldn't think about 2 healing if your raid dps-ers don't do min. 50-60k dps, each, on a single target fight.
    Last edited by hexaq; 2012-11-01 at 07:28 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses all. Having a look through the fights at the moment I am particularly concerned about gara'jal and spirit kings.

I haven't raided with the other chaps in a while but they are no slackers. I chained some pug heroics last night with one of them and he was pulling a lazy 55K over ~4 dungeons so I don't doubt that the DPS is going to be there.

Looks like I'll be reforging my haste away to get as close to 3043, probably into spirit. I have a figure of roughly 6000 spirit in my head as where I want to be so that I don't go OOM in a heartbeat, does that seem like a good number to go with?

Hopefully with some time this weekend I can get a couple extra pieces and then into LFR so I'll be right for next week.....I'll keep you updated on my progress especially after tomorrow night!

Thanks for the responses all. Having a look through the fights at the moment I am particularly concerned about gara'jal and spirit kings.

I haven't raided with the other chaps in a while but they are no slackers. I chained some pug heroics last night with one of them and he was pulling a lazy 55K over ~4 dungeons so I don't doubt that the DPS is going to be there.

Looks like I'll be reforging my haste away to get as close to 3043, probably into spirit. I have a figure of roughly 6000 spirit in my head as where I want to be so that I don't go OOM in a heartbeat, does that seem like a good number to go with?

Hopefully with some time this weekend I can get a couple extra pieces and then into LFR so I'll be right for next week.....I'll keep you updated on my progress especially after tomorrow night!
    6000 spirit isnt to bad, I just finished my resto set, have about 6.5k spirit and mana is really only an issue because I dont know how to play the spec yet. There's a big emphasis this expansion on personal survival - make sure your raid is doing everything they can not only to avoid damage, but to help heal themselves and the raid. Personally, I'd get even more spirit if you can, and use a spirit flask.

funny you should be concerned with gara'jal and kings.. gara'jal is a tough fight to *learn* for healers because its tough to heal while your dps isnt doing the spirit realm perfectly, but once they do you should find the damage very manageable. Spirit kings on the other hand is a cakewalk, we killed it in a couple of tries, healers said they probably could have solo healed it.

Hi,

just had a look at your gear. You are quite low on Spirit (~4.1k) and I think you will get severe mana issues. So I would suggest some major reforging (Including Alch stone, basically every no Spitir item). Also as above mentioned you are above the haste cap.

Remeber if you do not need Incarnation::ToL for a special situation use it as a mana saver, you can use it early if there is enough time before the special situation.

6000k Spirit... hmm... I hope it is enough, i do not raid right now (except LFR and run with 8.5k) but our other druid healer who has better gear than me runs about 9k Spirit and they still 3-Heal Stone Guard and Feng.

Deleted
    Well, that seems to be from my perspective above your limitations. Honestly, in this shape I dont think you will be great help for your group even when 3manning some bosses (Feng, Guards some combos). If your tanks wont be 100%ish - you wont save your group.

Anyway, get as much gear as you can, if youre not poor buy Darkmoon deck, replace pvp shit by HCgear, buy LW stuff if possible.
    Than, stack as much spirit as possible (get trinket from OOK instead of alch one) but firstly, get to 3043 spirit to get another tick on Tranquility, reju and WG, 2 more on LB. Not more, not less (now you have much more)

Spec is more-less standard, I am using glyph of Regrowth, WG (always) and switching HT for LB.
    To survive with mana, forget about spamming WG on CD or spamming rejuvenation, your bread and butter is nourish and swiftmend used as wisely as possible. Remember to use innervation as soon as possible and to coordinate your cooldowns with pally.

But again, I wont feel comfortable to 2man it with your current gear setup and exp :/

Garjal and Spirit Kings are actually the easier bosses, healing wise. They are in fact easier to two-heal than with three healers. The problem will be the first two bosses, if the raid's execution isn't perfect, you won't be able to heal them.

For the later bosses, there's no way you will be able to heal Elegon with that gear. You are pretty far behind in gear, it's already the 5th week into raids and you don't have any items from Raid, LFR, Crafting, Quests, or Valor Points. You haven't even done Sha for a free epic. That's not good enough to raid. There's still a lot of free epics hanging around in MoP, you just need to pick them.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2012-11-01 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 2-heal MSV weekly alongside a Holy Paladin myself, at 6k spirit I was mana starved every fight and i had to do a lot of reforging to get my spirit up to 8-9k. I highly recommend you replace your contender's gear with something else with spirit on it. You can buy 458 ilvl blues with Justice Points to replace such pieces.

If the raid has dumb people who like to stand in shit or ignore mechanics there will be no way to 2 heal this and being first time there that is gonna be the case be prepared to smash your keyboard!!!!

Deleted
    If you want some hints, there is an online tool that may point you in the right direction. It gives you an optimized overview on how to reforge and what gems and enchants to use, quite useful if you feel you are stuck in your gear progression.

Here is your profile on AskMrRobot: www . askmrrobot . com/wow/gear/usa/khaz'goroth/restofarean

Good luck!

With that gear and no prior experience, your raid has to have very good dps to end the fights quickly, and not take too much avoidable damage.

You will probably wipe a lot. You're better off just staying with 3 heals for stoneguard and feng at least, and saving everyone's time.

edit: oh wow, 5k spirit.. it's not going to happen, sorry

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I checked out mr robot and as I suspected it was "OMG get moar spirit"! Good news is I got to 360iLvl last night so I can queue for LFR now. I'll let the RL know that it will be pretty hard going with 2 healers.

Just a side note to those people commenting about the gear, I only came back to WoW just over 3 weeks ago hence my limited progression so far. This was my second character to level too.

Good news is I got to 360iLvl last night so I can queue for LFR now.
    is I got to 360iLvl last night so I can
    got to 360iLvl last

360iLvl
    I see SO many ppl making this slip up ....

Just a side note to those people commenting about the gear, I only came back to WoW just over 3 weeks ago hence my limited progression so far. This was my second character to level too.
    That's perfectly fine, you just shouldn't expect to do things people in much better gear can do. And even if it's your second character, there are several ways to quickly get some gear that you haven't explored.

Yesterday I two-healed normal MV (see log). Even with my gear (479), the first bosses were pretty tough. On stone guards, we had 120k HPS together - the explosions didn't run too smoothly. So as I said before, if the raid's execution isn't 100% perfect, you won't be able to two-heal it.

The later bosses are all supposed to be two-healed, and you shouldn't have much of a problem on Garajal and Spirit Kings. I can't see you heal Elegon in your gear, however.

Quote Originally Posted by hexaq View Post
    I see SO many ppl making this slip up ....
    Thank you for making me laugh