Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Generally late night BGs are when you get the 80%-90% of people in the BG being bots.

Most people who are botting are doing it while they sleep, as they dont actually want to access the account then. Join a BG at 3-4am and look at how many bots you get.

Deleted
    I'd rather play with bots than complete retards that always fight in the middle instead of going for flag / kill efc.

Deleted
    Lot of them REALLY might be not bots. People queue for BGs while watching a movie on another screen and only look every few moments what's happening in a BG. Also, it's easiest to follow the crowd while 'playing' like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard will take notice of this and ban you for hindering their customers' botting.

This made my day.

I used to bot using pirox bots before blizzard shut them down. I watched the script play through a few times and my bot played better than most players. I could set it to not go near a node if a certain amount of enemies were there that I could change but I could also set it to go there if there was also a certain amount of friendly players as well to help take a node. It also never stopped to fight on roads and always went to towers, flags, resource nodes, whatever. It also always defended nodes and could cap and retake them as well. And I usually topped the healing meters. I think people just hate on bots cause they actually get outplayed by them. I mean if someone wasnt even playing their character and was doing a better job than me Id be pissed to. Id rather have a bot on my team that was doing what its supposed to do in that BG like heal and help take and defend nodes rather than some idiots who arent even in PvP gear and think its funny to fight on the road or try and retake stables for 10 minutes 2 at a time even though theres 12 horde there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep there are far too many bots nowadays, in BG's it's insane, at night if you queue you're all alone, it's just you with bots and you always lose.
    Blizz clearly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I used to bot using pirox bots before blizzard shut them down. I watched the script play through a few times and my bot played better than most players. I could set it to not go near a node if a certain amount of enemies were there that I could change but I could also set it to go there if there was also a certain amount of friendly players as well to help take a node. It also never stopped to fight on roads and always went to towers, flags, resource nodes, whatever. It also always defended nodes and could cap and retake them as well. And I usually topped the healing meters. I think people just hate on bots cause they actually get outplayed by them. I mean if someone wasnt even playing their character and was doing a better job than me Id be pissed to. Id rather have a bot on my team that was doing what its supposed to do in that BG like heal and help take and defend nodes rather than some idiots who arent even in PvP gear and think its funny to fight on the road or try and retake stables for 10 minutes 2 at a time even though theres 12 horde there.
    That's all well and good but bots have a pretty unfair advantage when it comes to interrupts and team play. Bots will literally focus you the second you go near them, and they always stick together. Try and heal and the second your finger hovers over that heal button you'll get interrupted hardcore style on the 0.1 second mark of your cast.

The problem with the bots is the fact that people come in at say level 85 with maybe 80K HP and they go down like a sack of shit, they don't play with the team and if they're casters they'll sit in a solar beam all day. Me and a friend took on 8 bots at once with just solar beam, shockwave and a few off heals. Bots are an embarassment and the fact that blizzard can't seem to detect them is pretty sad, and if they can they're not doing a damn thing about them because I've reported the same bot 12 times, full details on what he was doing EVERY SINGLE TIME. He's still online, see him every day doing dailies, pop into a bg and BAM there he is botting at 3am.

What's the fucking point of allowing people to report bots when you don't do a damn thing about it. It's like ringing the police, telling them you've been stabbed, here's a video of the man stabbing you, his address and when he'll be home and them doing nothing about it. Slightly more serious issue obviously but for christ sake. 12 reports is not enough?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Only upside I can see from this is that if/when Blizzard does push through a ban wave, loads of people will finally get what they deserve...
    They won't, as the bots are paying customers aswell
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I saw this bot warrior completely destroying shit in wsg the other day.. I recall him going 31-0 and shitting on kids
    Hahahahahahah.

Deleted
    Whats the difference between just people AFKing and bots? Oh wait, you cant see a difference.

I doubt that they will ever be able to kill all botters. I have some friends whos been botting since release of wow so thats quite a few years now.
    In banwaves ofc, they ban some people. Most of them are pro gold sellers which just means that blizzard will once again sell some more wow games because they need accounts to farm gold.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a BG last night where we were actually almost full none bot team on my side and the horde side was pure follow bots so all of them stayed in their base not doing anything. we would have got 1600-0 if someone from our team did not go to the horde base and pull the horde bots.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Whats the difference between just people AFKing and bots? Oh wait, you cant see a difference.
    Yes you can

Bots cluster up, make repetetive actions and move in jerky, robot like movements.

People who are afk, are..well, motionless. Or jump once every 2 minutes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    Yes you can

Bots cluster up, make repetetive actions and move in jerky, robot like movements.

Also, people who just afk, get a minimal amount of honor as you're not in the middle of the action. People who bot get alot more.

Deleted
    Quite often what people accuse of being a bot are just players performing in a way contrary to the accuser's expectations such as a new or bad player who doesn't speak up, or someone who really just doesn't care about team play and want's HKs. In saying that, it really is a wasted effort queuing up after 11 or 12 in the night unless you really want to see two teams of bots duke it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtracks View Post
    I never reply to the idiots saying 'speak if you're no bot' or 'set role if you're not a bot' either.
    On our battlegrounds it actually became "normal" to find out how many people are real players because at least you can coordinate with them and you might stand a tiny chance to actually win on some battlegrounds despite those bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    doesn't necessarily mean they arent bots, the majority of bots actively engage and you cant tell them apart from regular players unless you watch them for a while. even the bots in the pic i posted attacked any horde nearby, they actually did pretty well and we even won that bg.
    Actually you can. Bots play "different" and if for example an DD latched onto you as an healer it's quite easy to tell bots apart from real players after a short time especially if it's a sole player and not a whole group.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    Yes you can

There are even those old bots, the one who simply hot/buff themselves every 1-5 seconds. But aside from that you're right. I like that guy who said he'd rather have bots then people mindlessly zerging middle, because especially at night those often ARE bots. They simply run in circles in the middle and some of them engage enemy players who come to close or somehow "aggro" them.

Deleted
    I leveled my hunter alts in around lvl 30 bgs and noticed a hunter just wearing a lvl 1 bow doing nothing but auto attack. I tried whispering him things such as "reply to me or ill report you for botting" with no answer. Ive seen this guy in so many BGs leveling with me. He does the exact same things as all the other bots but i decided to concentrate on ONE bot to make it banned.

I paged a GM. He said he will do the right thing. Some weeks later i entered a BG on my lvl 87 warlock. Yes, the same hunter right there, botting with everyone else in Isle with still the same lvl 1 bow waiting in our base with all the other bots.

My friend wanted to be banned and we agreed that he would cause me to win WSG so i could level up faster (well he asked and i said ok, so dont blame me for teaming up with my friend). He went at like 5000% speed with the flag under the BG so noone could hit him, and hes still not banned after so many months. He actually did a thread and posted a vid about his hacking, he got banned from the official forum but nothing happened to his account. Im not joking, i got proof.

I dont know wether its just him whos lucky, or GMs tried to make him banned but due to a bug hes still active, or:

It seems that Blizzards aware that hackers and botters are being the majority of the players playing WoW, thats why they wont ban them.

Deleted
    Im 100% certain blizzard loads up old inactive accounts and uses these "bots" to bulster the numbers to keep que time down. Its so blatant that they must know, so its logical to suggest that they are the ones doing it. Maybe im wrong and all the bots we see are humans that have got bot software and use it daily, in which case thats still a massive problem... either way the cookie crumbles blizzard don't give a crap about it. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard will take notice of this and ban you for hindering their customers' botting.
    Agreed, how dare he.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Actually there is a massive difference. A person AFKing is just doing that they arent playing and arent contributing to the BG. A bot will run a complicated script that in some cases actually makes them better than most players. They heal, they cap nodes, they can CC. They can do everything a normal player does just better most of the time because they dont do stupid crap like fight on roads or try and retake Stables even though its defended by 15 horde. Its probably why I botted for over a year and never got banned. I mean whos going to think the guy topping the healing meters is really off at work and not playing. And whos going to report their best healer anyways lol.

I dont see how botting in anyway hurts the game play of someone else. Bots dont usually make mistakes because they are running a script. Its like flying a plane on auto pilot. They will always heal when healing is needed and can be programmed to CC multiple targets. Like I said my bots played better than most players but since I was alliance I didnt really find that surprising.