Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does Blizz still Ignore realm Imbalancement, and other server issues ?

We know we have cross realm, that is not a solution nor does it help, low pop, dead realms.

What about all realms that are very heavily dominated by one faction, where numbers, ratio is literally out of control and insane.
    Do we remember back when Blizzard announced, Faction Paid Services ? That was a long time ago, they assured us, they will monitor the servers balancement and ratio's, clearly lied about that.

Servers have been stupidly unbalanced for far to long. Ive yet too see a realm, where they have locked, faction changes, or realm changes too, when it is so far heavily one way, faction heavy.

Wowprogress, has interesting things too look, if you browse through it by typing realms and looking too see how many active raiding guilds there are, on that realm, and how heavily dominated it may be by one faction.

Worst I ever saw, was Thaurissian, it has 58 guilds listed, only 1 is alliance, rest are, horde. I made a lvl 1 toon on there as alliance, I was curious, yep, there basically is none there. Thats a pvp realm, imagine trying to be out in the world doing dailys as ally on that realm.

There are loads and loads of other realms, ridiculously unbalanced.

We have far too many empty, dead, small, low pop realms as well.
    We have asked numerous times to merge them, Blizz refuses and relies on paid services for people to initiate, to pay to move, instead of resolving issues themselves. Or ever speaking much about it, ever.

Why not offer these kind of realms, free transfers OFF them, instead of, on a new expansion, now and then we see free transfers too certain dead, low pop realms, to avoid queues on high pop realms... until things calm down, but you will NEVER yet too see free transfers off these dead realms.

Its really sad, too see all these issues unnoticed and ammended, eve n after all these YEARS.
    They take far far to long to ever actual do anything worth while, especially on these major important issues for the paying player who enjoys the game, but is missing out on far to much of the actual game experiences because of the lack of population, or guilds, or economy and a combo of all and more.

Xrealms, don't help fix issue at all.

No more band-aid fixes, since band-aids fall off too fast.

You see wow forums often splattered with threads on these issues and yet you barely ever will see a blue post replying, or any actual proper action taken too fix the problems.

/my rant
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

What is blizzard supposed to do? Force people to transfer to factions/servers they don't want to? They already give free server transfers off the highest populated servers to the lowest. So I cant think of anyway for them to fix the problem other than giving an incentive for transferring off high pop servers.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they not offer, free transfers off the dead realms people have been asking for, for a long time, too more populated realms.
    People on well populated realms, most know better then to go to a dead realm, as there is nothing there, no population, everything is lost.

They need too do it over way around and stop thinking along lines of what they want, and think of what people have been asking for, to solve issue.

They can close them off, heres some notice, this realm is dead, your free to leave, wont cost you anything. Now go have some real wow experience.

GG

I just feel really sorry for all those people on those kind of realms who are very far behind on everything because they have no player base at all. its sad
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Why would they not offer, free transfers off the dead realms people have been asking for, for a long time, too more populated realms.
    Appearances.

The whole reason CRZ exists is to prevent shutting down a server. If the media gets wind of Blizzard shutting a server, they'll claim that WoW jumped the shark.

So it's a nut game. All for the camera.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people play on a low population server? Well there are several possible answers.

1. Loners that don't like to socialize

2. 1-2 Raiding guilds to dominate server firsts when if they were on a real raiding server they would never get them.

3. Little to no competition for farming high dollar mats to fill bags and then transfer a lvl 10 with bags full to capitalize on gold return.

Should they have server mergers? YES , merge several low population servers together.

Should they server faction balance? NO , since you were intelligent enough to look up population balances would you move your Alliance toon to Illidan or Mal'ganis? of course not! Any server change should be done only after an exhaustive research and including new toon creation to "check it out"

If the player does not like the balance, go re-roll on another server or faction change, you have choices provided to you.

I do however feel that Blizzard has milked the utters dry when it comes to paid transfers, this is one aspect where RIFT got it right!
    I used to love going to the beach during summer, until Greenpeace started trying to push me back in the water.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That woul dbe pathetic, if that was the truth, but I doubt that be the reason.
    Offering free transfers off dead realms, doesnt mean they have to close those realms off. They are just giving the player better choices and more game experences then they are having, that can only be a positive impact, instead of seeing more people on these small realms, unsubbing.

Does not make sense.

You would assume they want to keep the player base not lose them, alot unsub on small realms as they have less to do, or can do without the population there to do more, since end game is not really solo based, if your raiding or want pvp, rbgs etc.

And its more about why do we Not ever see a Blue poster, addressing issue, instead of ignoring the concerns.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 02:46 PM ----------

I do however feel that Blizzard has milked the utters dry when it comes to paid transfers, this is one aspect where RIFT got it right!
    This is Very true and proof is definitely in the pudding.

So you think an exodus of players from the low population realms would not lead to realms so deserted that maintaining the hardware was fiscally retarded?

Blues have spoken on this, many times. Transfers are a band-aid solution and always have been.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

It is definitely one of greedy Blizzard's downsides. Server imbalance and botting, Blizzard fights both issues with genius PR.

We know we have cross realm, that is not a solution nor does it help, low pop, dead realms.

What about all realms that are very heavily dominated by one faction, where numbers, ratio is literally out of control and insane.
    Do we remember back when Blizzard announced, Faction Paid Services ? That was a long time ago, they assured us, they will monitor the servers balancement and ratio's, clearly lied about that.

Servers have been stupidly unbalanced for far to long. Ive yet too see a realm, where they have locked, faction changes, or realm changes too, when it is so far heavily one way, faction heavy.

Wowprogress, has interesting things too look, if you browse through it by typing realms and looking too see how many active raiding guilds there are, on that realm, and how heavily dominated it may be by one faction.

Worst I ever saw, was Thaurissian, it has 58 guilds listed, only 1 is alliance, rest are, horde. I made a lvl 1 toon on there as alliance, I was curious, yep, there basically is none there. Thats a pvp realm, imagine trying to be out in the world doing dailys as ally on that realm.

There are loads and loads of other realms, ridiculously unbalanced.

We have far too many empty, dead, small, low pop realms as well.
    We have asked numerous times to merge them, Blizz refuses and relies on paid services for people to initiate, to pay to move, instead of resolving issues themselves. Or ever speaking much about it, ever.

Why not offer these kind of realms, free transfers OFF them, instead of, on a new expansion, now and then we see free transfers too certain dead, low pop realms, to avoid queues on high pop realms... until things calm down, but you will NEVER yet too see free transfers off these dead realms.

Its really sad, too see all these issues unnoticed and ammended, eve n after all these YEARS.
    They take far far to long to ever actual do anything worth while, especially on these major important issues for the paying player who enjoys the game, but is missing out on far to much of the actual game experiences because of the lack of population, or guilds, or economy and a combo of all and more.

Xrealms, don't help fix issue at all.

No more band-aid fixes, since band-aids fall off too fast.

You see wow forums often splattered with threads on these issues and yet you barely ever will see a blue post replying, or any actual proper action taken too fix the problems.

/my rant
    Again for the eternally stupid cross realm zones were never ever meant to be a one stop fix forever and always for low pop realms and imbalanced realms. It is step one of a long series of steps to address this and other issues and lays the ground work for a lot more cross realm functionality which may include cross realm guilds and auction houses among other things. Don't like it? Then propose what you consider to be a better solution otherwise please do shut up. To be honest there is only so much Blizzard can do about player created problems and make no mistake about it this most certainly is a player created problem. Short of disabling transfers entirely and forcing playrs to play on certain realms/factions there just isn't a whole hell of a lot that can be done that won't piss off players.

I was on Borean Tundra a server that had nothing but shitty Hoarde guilds and I refuse to play ally so I followed a friends advice and moved to Area 52. Now you wanna talk unbalance lmao look it up on wowpreogress. But I dont get why your only option is a free transfer off the dead server when you could easily do the paid transfer off. Or if youre too good to pay why not lvl a toon on a server that you want to play on. Since achs and mounts are now account wide this shouldnt be too much of an issue either. I think that Blizz knew CRZ wasnt an answer to dead realms since it has no effect on the economy or current raid progress of that realm. Just a thought I had.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People on well populated realms, most know better then to go to a dead realm, as there is nothing there, no population, everything is lost.

They need too do it over way around and stop thinking along lines of what they want, and think of what people have been asking for, to solve issue.

They can close them off, heres some notice, this realm is dead, your free to leave, wont cost you anything. Now go have some real wow experience.

GG

I just feel really sorry for all those people on those kind of realms who are very far behind on everything because they have no player base at all. its sad
    Because not EVERYONE will leave.

So it will become an even more dead server.

Logic.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Appearances.

The whole reason CRZ exists is to prevent shutting down a server. If the media gets wind of Blizzard shutting a server, they'll claim that WoW jumped the shark.

You also seem to be one of the biggest conspiracy theorists I've ever seen on this forum. Everytime I see your name I think "oh boy HERE WE GO"

GG

Because creating new low pop realms is totally a good solution for low pop realms. Let's be honest here, people transfer to whatever is the most progressed server and this has been going on here since day one even before paid transfers were even an option. As much as people talk about band aid fixes for some reason you people can't seem to get it through your thick skulls that free transfers and mergers are the real band aid fixes. Blizzard's intent to scrap the idea of realms entirely is the best solution to be honest. Again realms are only a technical limitation and were never mean to be community builders. If it had been possible when this game had launched it we would all be on the same server without arbitrary limitations such as realms.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Appearances.

I love comments like these as it just goes to show that those opposed to cross realm zones are generally quite ignorant about how it works and its intention. Like it or not, in order for cross realm zones to work all existing copies of zones on all the realms prior to when this feature was launched are required to remain because as realm populations change some zones may or may not need to be cross realm. Or do you actually think Blizzard didn't think ahead and account for the fact not all zones need to be cross realm at all times? Anyone who actually believes Blizzard is shutting down down servers because of this feature is quite stupid or is pushing an agenda.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-01 at 04:04 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpudd View Post
    I was on Borean Tundra a server that had nothing but shitty Hoarde guilds and I refuse to play ally so I followed a friends advice and moved to Area 52. Now you wanna talk unbalance lmao look it up on wowpreogress. But I dont get why your only option is a free transfer off the dead server when you could easily do the paid transfer off. Or if youre too good to pay why not lvl a toon on a server that you want to play on. Since achs and mounts are now account wide this shouldnt be too much of an issue either. I think that Blizz knew CRZ wasnt an answer to dead realms since it has no effect on the economy or current raid progress of that realm. Just a thought I had.

hmm, firstly I play on a very high pop realm, frostmourne US.

I was curious as too why, Blizz does not do much for all the dead realms, low pops, or unbalancement of factions on realms.

Ive seen tonnes of topics over yrs especially over the last yr, in people pleaing, asking, for low pop dead realms to allow people to xfer off them for free. But they never have offered that, only on a very free high pop realms on new xpacs too selected dead realms, when queue times are out of control. Like it was on my realm, but its back to normal again.

Im wondering as I said, why does no blue poster really ever comment, or really try to help fix issues.
    Ive been on my realm for 7 yrs, and there is tonnes to do, to pug, 24/7 etc.

I got curious and jumped around on these deadish realms, on their peak times, and was astonished in how /2 barely moved,never any pug runs, or much of anything because they just dont have population to do anything.

I even started up some convoes and asked them what do they do, some said dailys, lfr, log. Only a a few raid, cause they are in a guild that raids but were like barely 4/6 norm in and alot dont even recruit as they dont take people ungeared or unskilled, and I recall seeing again lots and topics, in these people who dont get to raid, cause they dont have the exp, which they cant obtain due too no guilds on their realm to take them...

Or others, who do raid, barely but cant recruit people to do anything.

I too thought why dont they pay to xfer, alot said it was the principle that they shouldnt have to pay additional fee's for something so simple to move from one realm to another.

there was lots of stories, I should have screenied them lol.

I was bored, so realm hopped to various dead realms and other was Thaurissian which was literally just a one way faction realm, ALL horde.

Was astonished in how realms so many are left in such poor conditions for players, and person above somewhere who said, its cause blizz is milking paid services, is truely right. Its sad though. Very sad and wrong, to only offer a solution by making people pay additional money to obtain a better gaming experience.

And paid services really went insane and over the top when they introduced yrs ago now, faction changes, then all rest came, and guild services as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocolypticTampon View Post
    Why do people play on a low population server? Well there are several possible answers.

1. Loners that don't like to socialize

2. 1-2 Raiding guilds to dominate server firsts when if they were on a real raiding server they would never get them.

3. Little to no competition for farming high dollar mats to fill bags and then transfer a lvl 10 with bags full to capitalize on gold return.

Should they have server mergers? YES , merge several low population servers together.

Should they server faction balance? NO , since you were intelligent enough to look up population balances would you move your Alliance toon to Illidan or Mal'ganis? of course not! Any server change should be done only after an exhaustive research and including new toon creation to "check it out"

If the player does not like the balance, go re-roll on another server or faction change, you have choices provided to you.

You do realize as Blizzard adds more and more cross realm technology that it is making paid transfers obsolete right?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It is definitely one of greedy Blizzard's downsides. Server imbalance and botting, Blizzard fights both issues with genius PR.
    It is called capitalism not greed. Don't like it? Don't pay it. Simple as that. In a free market economy, consumers are who drive the market not the sellers. Your greatest power as a consumer is to not buy.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-01 at 04:08 AM.

They should just open up free server transfers to the low pop servers. Free guild transfers too, even.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you propose? Force players to faction change to achieve perfect balance game-wide?

No. Shut up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Because not EVERYONE will leave.

So it will become an even more dead server.

Logic.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 03:53 AM ----------

You also seem to be one of the biggest conspiracy theorists I've ever seen on this forum. Everytime I see your name I think "oh boy HERE WE GO"
    There is a reason why Kevyne is perm banned on the official forums and why he spends more time here banned than not. He actually believes his borderline trolling is subtle and that the mods can't figure out what he is doing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    They should just open up free server transfers to the low pop servers. Free guild transfers too, even.
    And they have. Repeatedly. Twice in the past 2 months in fact. Guess what? Nothing changes. Again this is a player created problem and short of making players play where they don't want to there isn't much Blizzard can do aside from scrapping the concept of realms entirely which is what they are doing.

Realm population imbalances are created by players, not Blizzard.

Ream population imbalances won't be fixed by Blizzard.

If you are on a PvP realm and it isn't at least 5-1 one faction yet, it will be within a year (and it will stay that way).

If you are on an RP realm and it isn't 70% alliance, it will be eventually.

Hope this was helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So what do you propose? Force players to faction change to achieve perfect balance game-wide?

No. Shut up.
    The only thing Blizzard could do to address realm populations is to start penalizing people on high-pop servers/high-pop factions. Which I would be okay with, but on the other hand, it wouldn't affect me at all.

Things like:

* Only allow 3 log-ins per week for each account on Horde Illidan
    * Charge $25 per toon created on a high-pop faction
    * Charge an $10 the first time a toon logs in on a high pop faction, each month

You get the idea.

That's how the problem gets solved. It doesn't get solved with free transfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The only thing Blizzard could do to address realm populations is to start penalizing people on high-pop servers/high-pop factions. Which I would be okay with, but on the other hand, it wouldn't affect me at all.

Things like:

* Only allow 3 log-ins per week for each account on Horde Illidan
    * Charge $25 per toon created on a high-pop faction
    * Charge an $10 the first time a toon logs in on a high pop faction, each month

You get the idea.

That's how the problem gets solved. It doesn't get solved with free transfers.
    And the terrible idea of the day award goes to....

No. People respond better to incentives than to punishment. Basic psychology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.