Challenge Mode just impossible if no bloodlust

Hi guys,

after trying 2 challenge mode with 2silver medals i just think it's impossible to get gold or you must be so so so good to finish it in 15min if you don't have bloodlust(heroism).

the top 100 teams or better all gold team's all have mage, shaman and i am sure beast master hunt.

So, i was just wondering should i forget doing it with Paladin, war, lock, rogue and Priest
    Just feel sad about that because it feel so impossible as we doing all we can.

Thanks and sorry for that bad english

all the top teams also beat the timer with more than 40 seconds left, bloodlust lasts 40 seconds

challenge modes were meant to be just that, challenging. you cant expect to go in a couple times and get gold, even with lust
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2012-11-01 at 03:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    all the top teams also beat the timer with more than 40 seconds left, bloodlust lasts 40 seconds
    That doesn't make any sense.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 03:50 AM ----------

Just because Bloodlust lasts 40 seconds, that doesn't equate to how much time you could possibly save by using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.
    it really does.... gate of the setting sun record time 9m 14s, required time 13 minutes. lust which lasts 40 seconds and gives 30% haste wont make up that kind of difference.

it's really powerfull on a boss.
    look at a stram with Kungen it same that the 3dps take aggro on some pack to geat fast rez for bloodlst again

Hero makes things easier for sure, but I would not say it is 100% needed for gold. I will say that class and group comp really matter with these, but any reasonable comp should be able to get gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    While very helpful to nuke bosses fast lust is not mandatory for gold times, what is mandatory is, invisi pots for skipping mobs, big trash pulls with a tank that can handle them, a healer that can keep said tank alive and massive aoe dps . You spend more time killing trash than you do anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    it really does.... gate of the setting sun record time 9m 14s, required time 13 minutes. lust which lasts 40 seconds and gives 30% haste wont make up that kind of difference.

so what you are saying, that only very few people can do that?
    that's not also good exemple as they also have 2min in front of the 2nd so they manage to be so good

Quote Originally Posted by Safetyoff View Post
    While very helpful to nuke bosses fast lust is not mandatory for gold times, what is mandatory is, invisi pots for skipping mobs, big trash pulls with a tank that can handle them, a healer that can keep said tank alive and massive aoe dps . You spend more time killing trash than you do anything else
    This. Bolded part is probably the most important, lust is a luxury, not a requirement.

Ele Shamans and Mages are there more because they have very very good AE potential and utility. Not because they can cast 1 ability during a run.

Done a few challenge modes myself. Bosses are generally easier than the trash.

I want to get gold eventually. Its gonna take a lot of work to master them. Yes they are hard, but my group is Destruction Lock, SV/BM Hunter, Boomkin, Holy Priest, and me, blood dk. We usually cut down the time by half the 2nd time we run one.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

First and only Challenge mode I did was Stormstout Brewery (Yeah, why not get the worst one out of the way first, right?). Took us 1hr51min to even finish it.

The gauntlet trash from 1st to 2nd boss wiped us 3x, and the rest was boss wipes. But then again, Stormstout is just freaking insane for the amount of crap you deal with on the last 2 bosses. Some of them may be about trash, others are gonna be dealing with tweaked mechanics. Yan-zhu in Stormstout summons like 8 little elementals all at once... now get them moved so they can all be blocked so you can finish the run. That was our big issue on the final boss.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

After getting gold in every challenge mode I can safely say that Heroism is not necessary but it does make life much, much easier. If you don't bring Heroism prepare to spend a lot of time wiping only to finally beat the clock by mere seconds. Check out our runs on KT of Scarlet Halls.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/challeng...lthuzad/#reset

We placed 13:00 EXACTLY on our first gold run with no Heroism and 3 melee DPS. (Look for Starfleet) We gimped ourselves incredibly hard by not only having heroism, but by having that much melee. Melee are garbage for challenge modes imo and you never want to have more than 1, if even that. It's sad, really.

We later went back with an Ele Shaman and a Survival Hunter and took realm best time easily.
    Last edited by Heim; 2012-11-01 at 06:48 AM.

I got down a Gold Gate of the Setting Sun without a bloodlust, not hard at all.
    Of course, Gate is pretty easy, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to understand that Challenge Modes are meant to be HARD. Not everyone and their grandma are going to be able to do them and blizzard is okay with that. I can't feel bad if there is class stacking going on for them, but it is not essential to do them. I've got the silver challenge modes all done and a couple gold and it is by no means easy. Lust is nice and helps out a bit but you need more than just a shaman or a mage/hunter. Everyone needs their a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

look up the US guild <Cryhavoc> on bonechewer. dk tank, pally healer, ret, dps war, lock as their comp

Deleted
    We are half way done, with no Heroism (~one per weekend). I suspect all challenges are tuned to be doable without it. Of course, it makes your life easier, just like kicking out all of your melees (hello, bosses that can't be hit and packs that face melt them), but doable without doubt (warr prot, holy pala/disco priest, lock, balance and feral).

They are absolutely doable without lust/hero. I would think that it's obvious that the more 'optimal' your composition, the easier a decent time will be, but gold times are completely attainable with probably nearly any group if the players are skilled enough.