Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thorium brotherhood did not award gear that is needed in progression.
    Oh, hello!

Did you know, that... uhm... dailies are OPTIONAL?

So you don't HAVE to do it to gear for progression?

In my guild, I am the only one from raiding team who do dailies! And I don't even the best geared!

So, please. And I will quote:

And I have seen you use this same argument about 50 times today, you seem to only have about 5-6 arguments in the bank for everything and anything.
    Because that perfectly fit those, who qq about optional content in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Thorium brotherhood did not award gear that is needed in progression.
    I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my blacksmith hammer hitting Blackrock Depth's Black Anvil for the umpteenth time so our tanks would survive Ragnaros during Classic progression.

Yes, I was that smithy. Armorsmithing, son.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Yup, shame I've got so much University stuff to do though

Yes I enjoy it.

I enjoy it.

I do feel the need to do ALL of the dailies, so it might get a bit overwhelming sometimes, but I started picking which I like to do each day and now I'm having fun. LFR and Dungeons also give more stuff to do, so I'm really busy! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Most people I've seen liking this are people still wearing mostly green gear, around 3-4k achievment points who somehow think that doing dailys each day is actually hard and they earned their epic gear.

Personally I hate dailys, I absolutely despise them and so far looking at both PvP and the daily horror having a lot of twinks are making MoP the worst expansion so far to me.
    I enjoy the dailies when I do them and I'm not in green gear with 3-4k achievement points. If you perform a task every day for a few weeks, difficult or not, and you get a reward for it, you earned that reward.

I don't really enjoy dailies, never have, and my RL commitments mean I can't always log in evry day so I am somewhat lacking in rep, with no alterative ways to grind it when I have plenty of spare time <.<

Daily quests aside, everything else seems to be very enjoyable and well done. I am enjoying it!

Absolutely enjoying it.

I enjoyed progressing through Coliseum and Molten Front dailies, so I expected the same would apply to MoP. It didn't.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the leveling, enjoyed the 5 mans, the dailies were tolerable to a certain point, but I forced myself through them, nobody else did, compared to cataclysm there'd be nothing to do. And really much enjoying the raid content so far, 2-3 raids a week, and 2/6HC MSV and there's soooo much left.

PvP is a shithole, too much random insta cc. Hoping 5.1 will sort out the worst of it. Why does a Hpala need hammer, repent AND aoe blind?

Also, a MMO is a grind, so I don't know where the qq comes from, there's one alternative to dalies, and that's no dalies..it's as simple as that. People act like there's this other way to do things that wouldn't make it grindy..anything will be grindy, no matter what, if rep was in 5's or from "Rep 5's" Where items didn't drop you ONLY got rep, people would cry about the 5's getting dull and whatnot..it's nothing new :l

Deleted
    Not really enjoying it, and will unsub as soon as annual pass runs out.

Arms Warrior is not as fun as it used to be in terms of PvE rotation. PvP is a complete mess, and I really think PvP power is a terrible idea as it makes it even harder to start PvPing if you're behind the PvP progression curve. They should have done an MMR reset, too. Big fail there, and the fact that even after the watercooler, they still are completely missing the point as to why they either need a decay or a reset (and not some other weird system) is really frustrating.

Edit: to clarify, since Wotlk, I feel that unless I am bleeding edge, I will miss out on entire tiers of progressing through content, because it gets trivialised as soon as the next tier comes out, (which never used to happen). E.g. if I stop playing in TBC for 5 months, and come back, I can still find guilds progressing through the same tier I was in 5 months ago. If I stop playing in MoP now, when I come back in 5 months no one will be progressing through MSV, so I will never get that "progression" play.

The raid is actually good. MSV is one of the better designed raid tiers for some time, probably best since ICC. However, I can't help but feel that the the tactics are unfairly weighted on the tanks, and that's really frustrating when your tanks are not very good, and also had to relearn their class entirely due to new Active Mitigation anyway.

Speaking of Active Mitigation, I think this is a terrible idea, and really reduces the "fun" aspect of tanking imo. This is basically down to agro being a total non-issue now. Tanks used to be defined by how much threat they could put out, and that indirectly affected your raid's DPS on the boss, and the mark of a good tank was one who could keep agro well, and allow the DPS to go nuts. They should have made agro matter again, not totally trivialise it.

My biggest issue with the game though is more of a personal one. I'm a very good player, but I can no longer commit to a raiding schedule.

The problem I face is that there just isn't ANY suitable content for someone in my position - can't play much, but wants a challenge. Challenge modes are a wasted opportunity. They should have been crushingly difficult 5 man dungeons, similar to shattered halls heroic in blues, and there should have been epic, LFR quality rewards. It should have been a viable progression path for those who want challenge 5 man content - not some dumb time trial. You can't just replace difficulty with speed.

I strongly dislike LFR and dailies. PvP is broken, and 5 mans are too easy. I don't have the time to progression raid. I've just got nothing to do.

When I logged on in TBC, every day I felt I was progressing my character in some way - through rep grinds that meant something to me (Netherwing for example), or even trying TK for the first time, long after SSC was released. It didn't matter that I wasn't bleeding edge, none of the content available was trivialised as soon as a new patch came out, and I was progressing every time I logged in, even if it was only to tank one heroic, or a night in Karazhan for those tanking shoulders that never dropped.

It's just full of decisions that are probably good for the game as a whole, but just alienate me personally. Like Gladiator mounts not being account bound - what a completely stupid idea that was. Sure it won't affect 95% of people, but it affects me, and it truly annoyed me that they would impliment this system, and then just spite me. ;(
    Last edited by mmocfdc76d337c; 2012-11-01 at 01:43 PM.

I do enjoy the expansion. But I don't really getting warm with dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies.....and dailies. After 2 weeks playing I'm already fed up with em and have no clue on how to get all the rep patterns for my alts for get proper stuff crafted
    Else I really like it. The raids, the extra super duper bonus stuff. Overall, yes I do enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my blacksmith hammer hitting Blackrock Depth's Black Anvil for the umpteenth time so our tanks would survive Ragnaros during Classic progression.

Yes, I was that smithy. Armorsmithing, son.
    It was for high end raiders to get rag stuff, which at the time was less than 10% of the playerbase. You almost certainly did not need to do it on every single alt.

Yup, I'm enjoying MoP. I don't like dailies, so I don't do them. I do enjoy dungeons and raiding, so I do that instead. Pet battles are also a blast. Good fun for all.

It was for high end raiders to get rag stuff, which at the time was less than 10% of the playerbase. You almost certainly did not need to do it on every single alt.
    You don't need to do dailys for all your alts now, you can get crafted gear / LFR gear and hc dungeon gear, and JP gear all without doing any dailys...

Deleted
    I can't say i am really doing that much MoP stuff, right now in the middle of leveling a monk and i am enjoying my Mistweaver Monk as of now!

Quote Originally Posted by Configer View Post
    comments plz

keep it civil and none trollish please .

ill start the topic : dailys = do you enjoy them ?
    Dailies in mop = free epics in wotlk = entry level hc/raids in cata = attunements in bc = flying mounts in vanilla.

Bottom line: There is always something to complain about, trick is to let the wagon roll past you.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh i'm enjoying it, Lots to do, I want to get exalted with Shado-Pan, but taking that slowly, Dailys don't bother me because unlike most people, i have free will, and know it's optional content, the way i see it, the expac is going to be around for some time, No point rushing, Those who rush it are the same ones that moan in 7months that there isn't enough stuff to do and they're burnt out

great Scenery, Loving the PvP, rares are awesome once again thanks to the fun items they can drop, My Favourite expac since TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but the claim was that you didnt need Thorium Brotherhood Rep for progression. Unless you were part of the elitist of elite, I doubt you could kill Raggy without sufficient amounts of fire res. So that just simply aint true.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    MoP added length, but that's it. It's just Cataclysm with a new coat of paint. Quest to the new level cap, do random heroics, grind dailies/rep and then raid. Nothing new at all. I really wish I didn't get the annual pass.
    really? So I missed the following items that apparently were in Cata and are only in MoP with a fresh coat of paint?
    - Challenge Dungeons?
    - Pet Battles?
    - Scenarios?
    - Monk class?
    - Pandaria?

I'm pretty sure that's all new really.... maybe you don't like it, but that doesn't mean a lot of new stuff hasn't been added...