1. #1

    [Holy] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok - Force and Verve - General Fight

    Hey. So my guild killed Imperial Vizier Zor'lok last night. We wiped a lot. Healing was pretty tough during Force and Verve, and I was just wondering how is every other Holy Paladin dealing with it right now. We have no DA, and it's just not really a tank healing fight. What is your strategy?

  2. #2
    Obviously the amount of F+V you get depends on your dps, during the platform phase he only did it twice for us so the resto druid I was 2 healing with tranq'd the first and I popped wings/DF on the second (LH, HR, HS, LoD).

    In the middle I believe he did it twice. Used resto tranq, then my throughput cds, also called for personals/healthstones/demo banner.

    You just need to coordinate all the cooldowns you have available, its insane damage and if your raid screws up the shields you won't be able to keep them alive. Make sure you communicate to your raid that DA won't work because the damage is physical, then all you need is for someone to assign CDs to each one.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-11-01 at 07:11 AM.

  3. #3
    High Overlord Tholle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    102
    Howcome you don't have DA? The new Devotion Aura is baseline for all paladins...
    If you have a warrior in your raid, I'd recommend having him pop Rallying Cry during one of the Force and Verves, besides that it's just a matter of rotating your raid wide cooldowns and personal damage reducing cooldowns when no raid wide is available.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholle View Post
    Howcome you don't have DA? The new Devotion Aura is baseline for all paladins...
    If you have a warrior in your raid, I'd recommend having him pop Rallying Cry during one of the Force and Verves, besides that it's just a matter of rotating your raid wide cooldowns and personal damage reducing cooldowns when no raid wide is available.
    Take a look at devo Aura again and take a look at Force and Verve again and understand why Devotion Aura will not work. Hint look at the resist. It won't work on the Rings either btw.

    As for healing tips I found taking HA instead of DF and using it just as the bubbles appear be in the melee one and using CS,HS, HR I was able to blanket the raid pretty quick in 3 holy power EF's.

    Only down side was if is in the last phase you cannot 100% for sure say it will be up as if you get MC'd more then likely it will be poped
    Last edited by grippo; 2012-11-01 at 11:27 AM.

  5. #5
    The Patient Kerfax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    296
    I healed this on 25 man last night, and I personally took HA just to counter this mechanic. We only got it once during the platform phase, so I was able to popl Wings+ HA for it. Once we were in the last phase we got it twice more, and the first time I used the same cd combination. The third time we popped lust for and I used my Guardian+DF.

    Its kind of a difficult mechanic to deal with because its physical damage and makes a lot of raid wide damage mitigation useless. The main answer seems to be to just shoot for straight throughput to counter the harsh healing or have healers be creative with dropping stuff like SLT to cover multiple groups.

  6. #6
    Yep, all kinds of magic resists are almost useless on this fight. Only time it may be useful is when you are running from platform to platform.
    (It might have some use if some MC'd person is starting to kill off the raid, but the MC should be broken in a matter of seconds anyways)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendeis View Post
    Yep, all kinds of magic resists are almost useless on this fight. Only time it may be useful is when you are running from platform to platform.
    (It might have some use if some MC'd person is starting to kill off the raid, but the MC should be broken in a matter of seconds anyways)
    Just to help out a bit, you can also use Hand of Protection on the healers/casters. Since the damage is all physical, they will be immune to all the damage. I put it up as soon as i see the first shields come up, and it prevents about 8 of the 10 damage ticks, which is great. We have a holy pally and a prot pally, so getting two HoP's on the first F&V, and then two more on the second F&V (two different people, since they'll still have Forbearance), and both will be back up at some point later on near the end of the fight. Sure you'll still have the other 8 raiders taking damage, but that's two people less you have to worry about.

    If as a Holy Paladin I HoP the other two healers and bubble myself, then all of the healers can just worry about keeping the tanks/dps up and not have to give any thought about themselves. Then we can use raid cooldowns like Tranq/Spirit Link/Light's Hammer+holy pally stuff on the other one.

    I'm also considering glyphing for Divine Protection for this fight for my own benefit. 20% isn't a ton, but it's definitely helpful on a 1 minute cooldown.

    Question: are people who are defeating this fight 2 or 3 healing it?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Question: are people who are defeating this fight 2 or 3 healing it?
    2 healed comfortably. Just need to clearly communicate + coordinate your cooldowns/personals/healthstones etc for the force and verves.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,440
    As a prot paladin, I found throwing down Hammer of Light over two of the bubbles seemed to help somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

  10. #10
    Coordinate cooldowns, throw hammer of light over the 2 bubbles and used personal cd's and spammed when we had no cooldowns left to use.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Tholle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Take a look at devo Aura again and take a look at Force and Verve again and understand why Devotion Aura will not work. Hint look at the resist. It won't work on the Rings either btw.
    I do know that DA only works against magic damage, and as such is pretty damn useless on this fight - was merely wondering why he said that they didn't have it? Since as a paladin he himself would have that cooldown.

  12. #12
    We only got 2 F+V on our 10man attempts. I took Light's Hammer (which should let you get it on two bubbles), and used divine favor to spam aoe heal the first. For the 2nd, we had a holy priest using his tranq like cooldown and I also popped Guardian with Wings (guardian a few seconds early to get haste up), and spam aoe healed. I made up the mana on the next platform meleeing some.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholle View Post
    I do know that DA only works against magic damage, and as such is pretty damn useless on this fight - was merely wondering why he said that they didn't have it? Since as a paladin he himself would have that cooldown.

    He said "we don't have it" to mean "it's useless on this fight" and not that "I'm a paladin but it's not in my spellbook."

    Not everything is meant to be taken 100% literally. Try to be better than the trolls, ok?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  14. #14
    Epic! rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    He said "we don't have it" to mean "it's useless on this fight" and not that "I'm a paladin but it's not in my spellbook."

    Not everything is meant to be taken 100% literally. Try to be better than the trolls, ok?
    snarky! and yes id imagine double HoP, HoS, bubble and LH would be the way forward for a pally of any spec.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

  15. #15
    Clemency is pretty rad on this fight being able to HoP twice really helps out. This is our CD rotations w/ 1 tank(warr), 2 heals(me as hpally + druid) and 7 dps(monk, ret, mage, hunter, arms, ele, spriest).

    We only would get 1 F+V on the plat. So 1st it was warr demo banner + my wings/favor + druid tranq + healing tide + vamp embrace = easy mode. First sub 40% F+V demo banner + wings/favor + spriest simbio tranq + healing tide. 2nd was druid tranq + My GoTAK + vamp embrace + 2nd demo banner. 3rd was 4 HoPs(my 2 with clem + ret w/ clem) + all immune abils(my d shield, ret d shield, mage ice block). Killed this dude with everyone alive.

    WOL for the kill.
    Last edited by Ospreyozh; 2012-11-02 at 06:01 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •