DPS benchmark for late MGV or early HoF players.

Hunter here, doing lower damage than it should be by default, but that's no excuse.

Currently lvl 477, with flasks and food I do about 56-59k perfectly still on LFR garajal. Against actual players in 10man I do like 10k or so less than some of the other classes, and it gets worse on elegon/Will of the emperor I do awful like 53k, and on will 51k(that's with pet running around, probably 59kish again if he auto attacks the emperor the whole fight).

Is this acceptable for a guild that's clearing MGV and starting progress on HoF? I am afraid of looking for a guild cause I might just be dead weight, so far it seems like I am.

Wow, first post and you got the name Fluttershy. I'm impressed!

On topic: If everyone in my raid was doing 55-60k DpS We'd be rinsing through the content I'd imagine lol

But tbh what are you looking for? A hardcore guild where you can race for server firsts (in which case I could be wrong but sounds like you're about 30% shy of the target dmg) or are you looking for a good bunch of people to clear the raid content with (in which case, don't fear your output, fear your behaviour )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 466 WW Monk is doing about 60-65k DPS most fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do 50k as a warrior in 456 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    I do close to 60k-75k on a Frost Dk. 2H.
    iLvl 470

Deleted
    My 477 Spriest Clarqt does around 70-75k dps on stand still (Feng) fights. Did 85k on Stone Guardians. Only done normal MSV so far on Priest, hoping to do some HoF with her on the Saturday alt raid.

Deleted
    You cant compare LFR and Normal/HC while doing damage analysis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Hunter here, doing lower damage than it should be by default, but that's no excuse.

Currently lvl 477, with flasks and food I do about 56-59k perfectly still on LFR garajal. Against actual players in 10man I do like 10k or so less than some of the other classes, and it gets worse on elegon/Will of the emperor I do awful like 53k, and on will 51k(that's with pet running around, probably 59kish again if he auto attacks the emperor the whole fight).

Is this acceptable for a guild that's clearing MGV and starting progress on HoF? I am afraid of looking for a guild cause I might just be dead weight, so far it seems like I am.
    What spec are you. This matters a lot.

For a 10man I think you're doing fine, but what do I know about hunters. It kinda depends on how good the rest of the dps is ( aka your overall raid dps ). More raid dps = more uptime on cooldowns = more personal dps.

Just on the hunter point, it seems your dps is really low. Our guild hunter is 480 il and plays survival, and is pulling 75k+ on garajal 10m. anywhere from 60-70k on dogs/feng/sp kings and well over 110k on elegon.

Personally as a feral druid ~475 ilvl i do about 70k-80k on gara depending on portals duty

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Wow, first post and you got the name Fluttershy. I'm impressed!
    This. Honestly tho im a dashie.

If you are behind while in your raid I feel like something is wrong. Have you asked other hunters and consulted rotations online? are you missing something vital? are you doing your best with all that info if you have it? is it a spec issue? You can resolve at lot of yourself by digging.

I read elitist jerks and follow my rotations.

The only thing I could blame would be my 170-200ms latency, but that would be way too easy, also blizz has a lag buffer that mitigates a lot of it's effects. Been raiding since BC(as a tank, 95%) and dps was generally equal in terms of USvsAsia/Aus so that probably isn't it.

Hunters are a 100% GCD capped no cast bar(well, you cobra 16% of the time) class so it hurts us the most as opposed to casters or rogues who have to pool energy but eh, if that's the case I might just reroll then.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2012-11-01 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    I read elitist jerks and follow my rotations.

The only thing I could blame would be my 170-200ms latency, but that would be way too easy, also blizz has a lag buffer that mitigates a lot of it's effects. Been raiding since BC(as a tank, 95%) and dps was generally equal in terms of USvsAsia/Aus so that probably isn't it.

Hunters are a 100% GCD capped no cast bar(well, you cobra 16% of the time) class so it hurts us the most as opposed to casters or rogues who have to pool energy but eh, if that's the case I might just reroll then.
    200ms shouldnt affect your dps significantly

dont know much about hunter in mists so cant comment about specifics

I advise *not* spamming keys and making use of the ability queue. If you get 200ms set the lag buffer to 250 or 300

if you're clicking any of your abilities, get keybinds.

respec and re-talent where appropriate. If you want to go BM on will of the emperor, for example, you will have to micromanage your pet, you cant have it running back and forth around the room.

You should be doing a bit higher but that dps is still satisfactory for normal MV clears.

Deleted
    I would say your dps is acceptable, but low. You could definately improve it, but it is still ok for normals.

thanks for the input. I'll try to make my 71 rogue hit 90 in 2 or so weeks and compare my performance LFR and see if I can make him my pve-only alt and stick to the hunter for pvp.