Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    longer cooldown on blinding light than on hungering cold.
    IIRC it was the "instant unavoidable mass CC" aspect of it that caused Hungering Cold to get nerfed. They should have just increased the cooldown if they planned to rename the ability and give it to paladins baseline...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Why were you trying to solo kill a healer? If healers die to 1 person, how would 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena and RBGs work? Healers would just get globalled every time. Everyone would just run trip dps.
    Healers are immortal right now. That's why CC is the way it is. To take healers out of the game. Let's not forget the hybrid healing that is also ridiculous which makes it seem as if there are two healers.

The thing that really bothers me right now is how much dps classes are reliant on burst. For most classes, burst damage is really the only pressure they do, then the rest of the game is just dps whacking eachother with sticks until that trinket is off cooldown.

I'm getting tired of seeing healers on these boards feel that they're entitled to survive every encounter and act like when a DPS kills them through burst, its somehow an imbalance to the game and "unskilled." Blizzard has one thing right. The burst damage that classes put out currently is intended, just like the amount of CC and stupid healing that is balanced around a pve tank surviving against a big scary dragon.

DR on all CC sounds sensible. It wouldn't effect Arena much, but it would certainly effect BG's.

Also having lower cooldown Trinkets outside of Arena would be nice. 1 Minute normally, 3 Minutes in Arena. I mean if they can remove Bloodlust for Arena I'm sure they can do that.

As an aside, it would be nice if they added a new version of BG's where all gear is equalised. Lower the rewards a little, and boom - even playing field for undergeared players to have a chance while gearing up in. No worrying whether or not if someone else outgears you so much that you have no chance in hell of killing him, more skill based.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    IIRC it was the "instant unavoidable mass CC" aspect of it that caused Hungering Cold to get nerfed. They should have just increased the cooldown if they planned to rename the ability and give it to paladins baseline...
    i actually remember preventing a grip into hungering cold a number of times when i knew it was coming by silencing the dk or using hand of sacrifice as he gripped, it wasn't completely unavoidable.
    blinding light is subject to the same vulnerabilities that paladin cc in general is, fragility, grounding and silences. predict when a paladin is going to do it and counter it.

but how is it any different then gripping into a HoJ/shockwave or into a or Howl/Psychic Scream? fears and stuns are a lot harder to get out of then a fragile blinding light is or hungering cold was.

a lot of cc can be mitigated and even avoided if you predict it correctly based on your knowledge of the players and the comp they play. eventually you run out of outs from cc and end up in a position where you can know exactly how a chain will go, and no way to mitigate the damage to your team while you sit in it. that point is often the key to winning matches.

the problem with psyfiend i have is that it often allows priests to ignore LoS by virtue of its placement making it a very hard cc to avoid. my dk has a macro specifically for silencing psyfiends right now. the fact that hes blowing control cooldowns on NPCs a really silly place to be.

but all this talk about control is irrelevant in the face of how broken KFC is right now. who needs a cc chain on a healer when you can do nigh unhealable damage in a few globals by blowing all your cds on anything that dosn't have an immunity.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-11-02 at 07:47 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Healers are immortal right now. That's why CC is the way it is. To take healers out of the game. Let's not forget the hybrid healing that is also ridiculous which makes it seem as if there are two healers.

The thing that really bothers me right now is how much dps classes are reliant on burst. For most classes, burst damage is really the only pressure they do, then the rest of the game is just dps whacking eachother with sticks until that trinket is off cooldown.
    Burst is used for kills, pressure is used for applying pressure. If games wern't won on burst, then what? It'd be boring, there would be no 'setting up kills' and no swaps?

Also, Healers aren't immortal as long as you get a good timed swap on them. Watch any high rated player stream, they still kill a healer in a good swap if they dont get peeled, and thats 2 people killing 1 healer.

And yes, CC is to take 'people out of the game', hense the name 'crowd control'. I don't see what your point is.

Indeed too many cc now
    especially I hate fears, this things pull far too long distance you were fighting
    Last edited by Zstr; 2012-11-02 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    CC in this game now feels more of a clusterfuck than SWTOR. That's saying a lot.
    This.

As a melee class it feels like World of Rootcraft. And it's like none of them have diminishing returns. You can be rooted for several seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    As a melee class it feels like World of Rootcraft. And it's like none of them have diminishing returns. You can be rooted for several seconds.
    Rets can dispel roots, Feral Druids can dash/roar out of roots, Enh Shammys have the ability to ground/interupt casted roots, Rogues can spec for Burst of Speed (not amazing but still) and have Cloak / Vanish, Death Knights have a lot of ranged abilities, a magic immunity, death grip and a ranged silence and if you're a warrior, being rooted is no biggy cause when you next make contact you'll 1shot them anyway.

Not sure about Monks, but a lot of classes have maaaany ways to break roots. I don't think roots are the problem, it's the sheer amount of stuns/blinds/interupts and instant fears.

DR in itself is a clear indication that CC is far too bloated. It started getting bad in wrath, it was bad in cata, but now in mop it is just terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rets can dispel roots, Feral Druids can dash/roar out of roots, Enh Shammys have the ability to ground/interupt casted roots, Rogues can spec for Burst of Speed (not amazing but still) and have Cloak / Vanish, Death Knights have a lot of ranged abilities, a magic immunity, death grip and a ranged silence and if you're a warrior, being rooted is no biggy cause when you next make contact you'll 1shot them anyway.

Not sure about Monks, but a lot of classes have maaaany ways to break roots. I don't think roots are the problem, it's the sheer amount of stuns/blinds/interupts and instant fears.
    And when those abilities are popped they just get reapplied.

Death Knights have a lot of ranged abilities, a magic immunity, death grip and a ranged silence
    How should this help vs roots? Like a druid roots a a dk and disapperar behind the next pillar.

Please explain.

The main issue here is, that with the new talent system almost every class can have a myriad of cc, even dedicated healers and those pesky hybrids. And this makes stuff very unbalanced.

Burst as of KFC is justfied just bc of this.

The Devs are clueless when it comes to PvP Balance

Whose bright idea was it to hand every class a half dozen CCs?