Thread: DPS and LFR

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DPS and LFR

So it is just me that think some ppl are underperforming, quite alot, in lfr, from a dps check prespective.

I've hit berserk timer, yes berserk, in LFR several times. And i tell ppl that they are doing way under what they should. People seam to be stuck in cata still with thier 22k dps thinking is okey for lfr. Anyone that have bothered farming or buying gear that's needed to enter LFR with should, imo, be able to push 60 k dps with no problems.

When i tell them this that just reply: "lul mate" "just lfr rofl" and other things like that. now 60k is not an unfair number, its very easy to hit, as a holy paladin, i can hit 40k as ret, still useing a few healing items and greens, and these "lfr heros" with 4-6 items from lfr are doing thier "AMAZING 22k dps".

I have friends pushing 300k burst dps. My brother did 100k dps with wrath spam in boomy gear while poping a few CDs granted they are very good with thier classes.

Edit: He was feral in boomy and poping CDs, pot and Heart of the wild Talent.

I guess im just very tierd of wipeing alot in lfr.

inb4 u dont need to do lfr; no i dont, but i like it to gear my alts.

whats your take on it ?

If there is a thread like this alrdy, then im sorry, but I missed it.
    Last edited by mmoc6a5006fb71; 2012-11-01 at 02:29 PM.

1: Bring guild.
    2: Steamroll through.
    3: ??
    4: Loot gold cause drops are a lie.

People have always underperformed, whether it's in LFR, LFD, or wherever, is this your first time playing?

I've had 0 wipes in LFR aside from the first day where half the raid fell on captain star dragon man. The way it usually seems to work out is the people who know how to play are doing 100k and usually carry the other people, as it's always been... I'm not sure how people can do so badly, but they seem to be able to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    1: Bring guild.
    2: Steamroll through.
    3: ??
    4: Loot gold cause drops are a lie.
    I play in a ten man guild, so dont help that much.

But you can easily clear LFR with those 10 even if the other 15 are afk at the entrance, so it'll work anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    I play in a ten man guild, so dont help that much.
    Of course is does, ask them if they want to do it, if that doesn't work then queue with people who semi-know what they're doing. I've seen some guilds spamming in trade to have people queue with them for LFR.

I always run lfr with a select few of people from the best guilds on my server and completely steamroll the place.

Expecting 60k DPS in LFR, you're kidding, right? Do you realize people didn't even get that kind of number at the beginning of NORMAL MV? At 460 ilvl 40k would be a good dps overall. Seeing 20k-30k isn't surprising considering some fights involve mechanics other than pure DPS. LFR is designed around people underperforming.

If you're so good at DPS, you can easily carry the underperformers. Think of it as a practice to perfect your DPS.

The 10 minutes wasted in a wipe can be saved with a few simple steps taking at most 30 seconds:

* Make sure the healers have all zoned in
    * Make sure the healers have mana
    * Paste about 3 lines of explanation into /raid

But it's crazy to do any of this, especially waiting for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    If you're so good at DPS, you can easily carry the underperformers. Think of it as a practice to perfect your DPS.
    This line exactly, its really all lfr is these days and its pretty good at it.

It depends on your luck, usualy i get decent lfr groups and we clear it with 1-2 wipes.
    Other times some people are just bad, but they are either voted out or leave themselves after a couple of wipes and this rotates untill u form a decent team (this tends to happen at last boss).

Welcome to LFR.

There's no easy solution to fix this. I always put my all into LFR, up to 10% of total damage done. Granted i'm overgeared and fully gemmed/enchanted but you'll always be carrying the dps who just auto attack or send their pets in while tabbed out. It doesn't bother me, I use the fights to practice rotation and different gear choices.
    Like most of the problems in this game it can be solved by going with friends. Grab a buddy or two so you know at least a few people will be competent.

I have friends pushing 300k burst dps. My brother did 100k dps with wrath spam in boomy gear while poping a few CDs granted they are very good with thier classes.
    Im just gonna call bullshit on this.

Found your guild luxy. I wont link it dont worry. But you guys arnt even doing regs. The top guild on your server they do about 45-86k dps

So your 60 lfr crap... yeah no dice, Can some do it sure. Do you.. I am willing to bet you do. Most people your doing good if lfr average is 40k

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I have a group wipe on LFR is if there are more than two to four idiots who can't read "gtfo" on elegon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Yes, i've noticed that yesterday too i was waiting to be full blue heroic gear with my ret pally before i did LFR i miss 3 heroic items and i was like meh lets try LFR
    the moment i joined i did a quick inspect at people and it seem all fine, but when we were done with the raid i was top 3 dos with 42k and i wasn't even trying to put out my best dps. some people were having like 21k and i was like... wtf? do these people even try to dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    If you're so good at DPS, you can easily carry the underperformers.
    Holy paladin is a dps now ? Sorry had no idea about that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    Im just gonna call bullshit on this.

Found your guild luxy. I wont link it dont worry. But you guys arnt even doing regs. The top guild on your server they do about 45-86k dps

So your 60 lfr crap... yeah no dice, Can some do it sure. Do you.. I am willing to bet you do. Most people your doing good if lfr average is 40k
    did u find my bank guild? cuz my main is not named luxy. just sayin.

My brother did 100k dps with wrath spam in boomy gear while poping a few CDs granted they are very good with thier classes.
    Logs or it didn't happen.

I'm a balance druid in ~470 gear and I get about half that number single-target (but then I don't just spam wrath either... maybe that's the problem).

I don't claim to be good at my class but I just don't see how I could get a 100% dps increase by ditching any rotation.

People performing at a very low level in LFR is a feature, not a bug. You can either take 10 people and guarantee success or hope that the people eating dinner and spamming a cast random macro with their free hand don't lead to a wipe.

I underperformed because i used to stand afk autoattacking while watching a youtube video

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by florestan View Post
    Logs or it didn't happen.

I'm a balance druid in ~470 gear and I get about half that number single-target (but then I don't just spam wrath either... maybe that's the problem).

I don't claim to be good at my class but I just don't see how I could get a 100% dps increase by ditching any rotation.
    If he was balance druid i'd bet it was elegon. 100k dps shouldnt be that hard tbh. If he was a restro druid and had popped heart of the wild and was spamming wrath a 100k is really... easy.