Computer Build Question

Hey guys, i've been searching for a new computer for a while now and i was wondering what you guys think of this build

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_D857

I left the base computer basically the same but upgraded the graphics card to an AMD Radeon HD 7870 - 2GB

thanks in advance for any help/replies ^.^

and a stupid side question, the graphics card in the computer has a Dvi and an Hdmi outlet where as my monitors only have a VGA And Hdmi outlet. can i just use the hdmi for picture?
    Last edited by Kuhtara; 2012-11-01 at 08:19 AM.

Drop the i7, it's not going to give you any gains over the i5 3570k for gaming purposes. Take that money and bump the PSU to the 650w Corsair unit, the default units they provide are garbage and don't last very long. Don't go with the Corsairs under the 650w model, the line that they come from are nearly as bad.

Also, think about including an SSD for your boot drive / a few games. It dramatically improves the overall experience of a gaming machine. Otherwise, it looks fine to me. And yes, you can use HDMI for your monitor.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

alright cool. thanks for the heads up :P other than that should it be able to run wow on ultra? and other games such as skyrim on high?

10+ Year Old Account
    i would also suggest opting for a SSD main drive, if they are only charging $169 for a 180GB intel 330, that is a pretty good deal
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-11-01 at 09:00 AM.

if i didnt get the ssd right away could i buy one later and have it installed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhtara View Post
    if i didnt get the ssd right away could i buy one later and have it installed?
    sure, any decent tech will be able in image the HDD install over to a SSD and adjust the OS settings accordingly

awesome thanks. and also just curious what is the purpose of an i7 if the i5 is just as good for gaming? i know im not very good with this stuff XD

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome thanks. and also just curious what is the purpose of an i7 if the i5 is just as good for gaming? i know im not very good with this stuff XD
    the purpose is just to add a bit of multithreading power, mainly for people who are using it, and extreme multi-taskers, a good example is someone in music production, who is going to have multiple programs open that need to all run well

and its also a great profit point for intel, an i7 and an i5 are the same chip, the i7 simply has hyperthreading turned on, so they can make an extra $100 at no extra cost

and from the enthusiast standpoint, 7>5, therefore the i7 is cooler

ahh i see. i was under the impression that it would improve game play somehow haha. well thank you very much for the quick responses i really appreciate it. So the computer should be fine for running games (especially wow) on max? just want to make sure.

Always keep in mind, graphics cards at the gaming end and stuff like mice/keyboards can be made for "gaming" they honestly do not build any other part with gaming in mind.