Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yet another example of IGN spreading 9/10s all over the place, nothing new to see here people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    How they stated it is irrelevant. The bolded part that krethos referenced was specifically about Halo being a series filled with masterpieces - something he clearly disagreed with. He proceeded to mock them for holding them with such regard.
    Of course it matters how someone states something.

And considering the Halo series to be a masterpiece is purely subjective, why don't you call out the person who claimed that because he is stating his opinion as fact?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rating scores have being suffering a inflation in the last years. A 6/10 game is not an average game anymore, it is considered crap. I wouldn't say that IGN was paid for this review, but I would say that IGN's 9.8/10 doesn't mean what a 9.8/10 is supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

Also, I think we have very different ideas of what it means to shove something down someone's throat.
    That wasn't stated directly at you, was just stating it in general, I shoulda put that sentence elsewhere >_>
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Rating scores have being suffering a inflation in the last years. A 6/10 game is not an average game anymore, it is considered crap. I wouldn't say that IGN was paid for this review, but I would say that IGN's 9.8/10 doesn't mean what a 9.8/10 is supposed to mean.
    This pretty much, if a game gets an 8/10 on IGN it would have gotten a 6/10 before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    IGN gives Halo 4 a 9.8
    Breaking news bulletin... Sell outs sell out... News at years ago...

A review from IGN is like asking a used car salesman for their "honest" opinion. You know what they are going to say so there really isn't any need to ask.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Wait, people actually care about the things that go on at sites like ign? Impossible...

IGN often give big budget games favourable scores. You come to expect that, and like any gamer with a modicum of common sense, you browse and peruse a variety of gaming sites, and ultimately come to a conclusion if it's worth your purchase.

As much as I loved Halo 1 and 2, and spent countless hours on Xbox Live with Halo 2, the game has run its course for me. I played through Halo 3 once, never bothered with ODST or Anniversary, and got bored of Reach before I was even half way through. I hope it does well, for 343's sake, because they had a tough task taking over from Bungie.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Weird tho, while the dutch department of IGN only gives it a 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Halo is special in the fact, that every game in the series is a masterpiece.
    Are you serious?

Every Halo game is a "masterpiece" ?

:S

Regardless of what any review company gives this game its true value cannot be judged untill after release and people settle into the online, While the singleplayer and spartan ops are nice the real jewel of Halo since halo 2 has been its online. Reach looked like a great game and got good reviews untill we got the online and saw how shity it was.

IGN does do good video reviews sometimes. Watch the video review and you wont think its such a outrageous score right away. The game is microsofts main big and pretty much only exclusive its no surprise they put as much into as they could. Having said that some of what the video review says at the end seems put on.

I love Halo but i dont trust IGN there reviews seem off sometimes. I hope the game is good Im not going to play it until all the hype dies down

hah, IGN.
    The bigger the check, the higher the score.

I love Halo, but i don't trust any of these scores.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soltsu View Post
    I just see Halo as sci-fi CoD, no matter how repeative it is with same old shenanigans, it still gets high scores. Nothing new to see here, sci-fi FPS are sooo 2003 with their plasma rifles, sticky plasma granades and energy swords etc. Story might be epic and that is why people even bother to play it :P.

PS. I've played Halo 2 with a friend once and think it was Halo 1 story with other friend, was horrible with pad and always will be.
    All I see is a CoD fanboy thinking his game is the shit.... News flash, all games borrow some sort of mechanic or gimmick from other games... all games didn't evolve from God of War and Call of duty.

Halo wasn't the first to have power armoured marines with shields... that was warhammer 40k, but it took gw multiple yrs to finally put their beloved space marines into a 3rd person shooter.

anyway, reviews only help sell the game, nothing more or less.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

You can't spell Ignorance without IGN

check out classic game room for honest reviews from someone who actually loves games instead of the money.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does halo 4 have cover mechanics (GoW)? If not - fuck it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Does halo 4 have cover mechanics (GoW)? If not - fuck it.
    don't need cover mechanics if u have shields...lolz
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

It'll prolly be a fun, short game, just like all the other halo installments. The multiplayer will be terrible due to the fanbase, unless you play with friends on a seperate voice server, just like all the others.