Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Review from Edge which is where i usually go looking if i want an opinion / review of a game.

Edge Review

It got 8/10 which isnt suprising as ive always thought halo was a pretty solid fps even though it didnt do anything for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be surprised, Machinima gave it a 10/10 LOL, dickriding the publishers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    To be frank, I don't doubt it. Halo is special in the fact, that every game in the series is a masterpiece. ODST was an amazing game for 20 bucks.

Looking at the narrative trailers for H4, it looks astounding.
    You cant be serious? ODST was a TERRIBLE expansion to the franchise... Only Redeemable thing about H4 is the revamped multiplayer and actually being able to pick your gun loadouts/armor buffs via COD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things people here have to understand:

- Review scores are worthless
    - These reviews are not written up to soon but people like reviewers have access to these games weeks in advance. So the review is not rushed or anything.

Now what i think about it, looking at all the stuff released, all the trailers all the multiplayer footage it genuinly seems like a great game. Something that for me tops anything the COD/ BF is. Is it perfect? probably not but when sites i respect like: www.tweakers.net give thise game an 8.5 im pretty sure its one amazing game.
    Over the whole line looking at all the numbers from joystiq.com to giantbomb the game gets great grades. With now 52 reviews in they cant all be wrong if you ask me. Especially since the embargo on the reviewers publishing these reviews didnt include a piece of text the game had to have grade above X.

Is it the best Halo so far? no clue will have to play it first to determine that does it look like that? Hell yes
    Hopefully its really as great as it seems i renewed my xbox subscription for it so

Edit

And hey its always better that this piece of *peep* review: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/revie...review-halo-4/

I quote:

Call of duty has a stronger, more emotional campaign
    Another quote from the reviewer:

Yes and no, man. I think Halo would benefit from some core design changes that they're undoubtedly worried will piss off people who buy it game-in and game-out. Things like iron sights, more scripted moments that impact gameplay and the environment. Better single-player objectives than pushing buttons and running around at Cortana's beck and call. Better level design. Less cheaps tricks like massive, soulless environments that require tons of backtracking and a massive flood enemies that require 1.5 clips to eliminate -- both designed to artificially lengthen then game....I could go on, but you get the idea. This game needs a reboot. It needs some f***ing soul.
    *is not sure if he should die laughing or crying*
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-11-02 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    You cant be serious? ODST was a TERRIBLE expansion to the franchise... Only Redeemable thing about H4 is the revamped multiplayer and actually being able to pick your gun loadouts/armor buffs via COD.
    Not really, a great portion of the halo gamming community just wants halo 2 to be remade, add in some of the new guns that have been added in the games since but largly keep it the same, The halo 2 maps were downright amazing, some of the best in the entire series and yet to be eclipsed. The games types were good, vehicles were good though id LOVE to see a chopper on some of those levels. I wish whole hartedly they would go back to the ranking system from halo 2 where skill ment somthing and not this exp driven shit that any scrub can use to level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why rely on reviews good or bad? If you want to play it, play it. if not, don't. only way one way to find out if yo're going to like the game...try it. There's nothing wrong with wanting an educated opinion on a product before purchasing, but video games are completely subjective. There are tons of games that look awesome and end up crapping out and vica versa. keep in mind preview videos are designed to show exciting stuff to make you buy the game...it's always going to look good.

if you can't afford to buy a game you might not end up liking you probably shouldn't be buying video games in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... Already seen the playthrough. Didn't seem "bad" but hardly worth getting very excited over.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Not really, a great portion of the halo gamming community just wants halo 2 to be remade
    I'd settle for a non-shitty console port of the game. Halo CE was great, and Halo 2 was great. Halo 2 on PC was such a fucking goddamn awful port I keep thinking of it any time I play another bad console port.

"Ah, well, at least this port isn't as bad as Halo 2."

I gave up hoping for Halo 3 on PC, because Microsoft doesn't give a shit about anything but PCs as a portal to the internet anymore. Games For Windows was a good idea with a Halo 2 inspired implementation.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I'd settle for a non-shitty console port of the game. Halo CE was great, and Halo 2 was great. Halo 2 on PC was such a fucking goddamn awful port I keep thinking of it any time I play another bad console port.

I gave up hoping for Halo 3 on PC, because Microsoft doesn't give a shit about anything but PCs as a portal to the internet anymore. Games For Windows was a good idea with a Halo 2 inspired implementation.
    Honestly i think a port for pc is a lot more likely now. It could be such an easy PR/Marketing ploy:

Only on windows 8 and xbox 360 HALO 4

Would be an easy way to make gamers upgrade there PC .. well some would and sell more copies of the game. Would be a win win situation for microsoft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    ** SPOILERS **

With the totally worthless ending of a Forerunner who looks like Voldemort and uses the force who sounds like Harbinger from Mass Effect, but Master Chief is saved by his lover Cortana.

And you only find out he's white and not even what his face looks like.

Worthless ending of a worthless game and is almost a the terribad level that Mass Effect 3 was.

Only way this game would be redeemable would be Master Chief being Duke Nukem that'd be lulzy.
    no one ever cared about the story, people played halo for the matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    I played Halo CE for the gameplay and story. I tried Halo 2 for the story, and enjoyed the multiplayer since I was forced to play it on console. I touched Halo 3 briefly, then just went and researched the story. ODST can fuck off, since it's a COD-style "NEW GAME THAT EVERYONE IS PLAYING IN MULTIPLAYER INSTEAD OF THE OLD ONE" release, as is Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Honestly i think a port for pc is a lot more likely now. It could be such an easy PR/Marketing ploy:

Would be an easy way to make gamers upgrade there PC .. well some would and sell more copies of the game. Would be a win win situation for microsoft.
    Funny you say that - that's EXACTLY what they did with Halo 2 and Windows Vista. DirectX 10 was apparently required for Halo 2 (for no real reason), but there was a DX10 release for Windows XP AND a version of Halo 2 that ran on XP without it.

I wouldn't say we're more likely to get a PC version of any Halo because of Windows 8, and I honestly doubt there will be another official port (or "release") of Halo on PC.

Halo CE Anniversary was supposed to be a PC release alongside 360, and could easily have been meant to pave the way for Halo 3/ODST/Reach on the PC. It never appeared, because Microsoft doesn't consider the PC to be a viable gaming platform.

Or at least, any more than it does Facebook.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post

Halo is a console game, give it a rest, seeing people cry for a pc port every thread gets old. It is and always will be primarly a console game. Its a flagship console game it wont be put onto pc unless its an afterthought or a port.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, good point, it did work with Windows Vista and Halo 2 I believe. Surprised M$ didn't think of this, or maybe they did and will do it sometime down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    I know alot of ppl that achievement whore through the campaigns... so go rethink ur statement.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    ** SPOILERS **

With the totally worthless ending of a Forerunner who looks like Voldemort and uses the force who sounds like Harbinger from Mass Effect, but Master Chief is saved by his lover Cortana.

And you only find out he's white and not even what his face looks like.

Worthless ending of a worthless game and is almost a the terribad level that Mass Effect 3 was.

Only way this game would be redeemable would be Master Chief being Duke Nukem that'd be lulzy.
    What... Putting "worthless" in your sentences doesn't make it better. And call me stupid, but I have NO idea what you're talking about. Are predicting how Halo 6 is going to end? I don't even...

Scores and credibility aside...IGN's video review was way better than the lazy gamespot review with the sleepy guy.

Such a score should only be given to a truly revolutionizing game, one that'll leave its mark on video game history. Halo 4 will be remembered as well as the other Halo games, it's not like its a standout, and if it wasn't for Master Chief being the head of the Xbox, the games wouldn't even be remembered either. No Halo game deserves a score so close to top, they're simply not that special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things people here have to understand:

- Review scores are worthless
    - These reviews are not written up to soon but people like reviewers have access to these games weeks in advance. So the review is not rushed or anything.

Now what i think about it, looking at all the stuff released, all the trailers all the multiplayer footage it genuinly seems like a great game. Something that for me tops anything the COD/ BF is. Is it perfect? probably not but when sites i respect like: www.tweakers.net give thise game an 8.5 im pretty sure its one amazing game.
    Over the whole line looking at all the numbers from joystiq.com to giantbomb the game gets great grades. With now 52 reviews in they cant all be wrong if you ask me. Especially since the embargo on the reviewers publishing these reviews didnt include a piece of text the game had to have grade above X.

Is it the best Halo so far? no clue will have to play it first to determine that does it look like that? Hell yes
    Hopefully its really as great as it seems i renewed my xbox subscription for it so

Edit

And hey its always better that this piece of *peep* review: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/revie...review-halo-4/

I quote:

Another quote from the reviewer:

*is not sure if he should die laughing or crying*
    Good god... IT'S THE END TIMES. I'm gonna go die crying now.

I've always felt that Halo was a watered down version of Tribes (Halo/Tribes1). Now I feel Tribes ascend is a watered down version of Halo. To each their own, but I bet Halo 4 is a pretty good game. I mean it couldn't be any worse could it, what could they possible change to ruin it?

Now tribes on the other hand, they screwed that game up royally.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is I'm sure it only got such a high score because Halo 4 has a lot of aspects from all the other mainstream shooters (kill cams, loadouts, etc.) - as far as I'm concerned that'd decrease my score.

Bring back Halo 2/3 style.Halo-Forum.com have pretty good discussion on stuff like this.