Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DO NOT Deliver the quest! (it's a trap) or it will destroy the Staff

Sigh! I just craft this staff this morning Inscribed Serpent Staff, The staff is created and placed in your bag. When the staff is in your bag, it has a yellow exclamation mark on it and you can click the staff to start the quest to get 10 Scroll of Wisdom you say NICE not really, you will lose your staff in the process But its confusing as it gives the impression you have to do a quest to get it which you do not. Thought it was like the Darkmoon Card Deck where you'd exchange for the item. WTF? now i have a ticket for 3 1/2 days it's just simply my fault that I didn't pay close attention I'll go cry and get drunk.

PS:Just drag the quest (Staff) into your weapon slot done don't click it "It's a trap"

There is more to quest text than just "you will get 10 Scrolls of Wisdom"...

Deleted
    It's actualy something you can do when your done with the staff.
    Could've readed the quest tho..

As powerful it is, at some point you know you will outgrow this staff. When that time comes, one of the Inkmasters in the Arboretum would most likely be interested in taking it from you.

Taken from the quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate of mine had the same issue. Logged a ticket with the GM and got his staff replaced. The GM admitted that the quest was 'ambiguous'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxoorr View Post
    Sigh! I just craft this staff this morning Inscribed Serpent Staff, The staff is created and placed in your bag. When the staff is in your bag, it has a yellow exclamation mark on it and you can click the staff to start the quest to get 10 Scroll of Wisdom you say NICE not really, you will lose your staff in the process But its confusing as it gives the impression you have to do a quest to get it which you do not. Thought it was like the Darkmoon Card Deck where you'd exchange for the item. WTF? now i have a ticket for 3 1/2 days it's just simply my fault that I didn't pay close attention I'll go cry and get drunk.

PS:Just drag the quest (Staff) into your weapon slot done don't click it "It's a trap"
    ROFL. Next time, try reading the quest It's not a trap, they added it so you can get some of your mats back when you eventually replace the staff. The mats are pretty hard to get, so it's a very good thing you can get half of it back.

He's talking about the staff scribes can make with 20 scrolls of wisdom. As ferocity has said the text says that you are turning in the staff and you get 10 scrolls back.

The reason why this is so annoying for haxoorr is that it takes 20 days (or less if you use SoH) to get this staff.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, just reading the quest text tells you perfectly that it will give up the staff for the scrolls, But too many people just don't read quests anymore, I believe if people don't read it then it should be tough luck, But, i also believe there should be a final confirmation box saying "Turning this quest in will get rid of XX staff"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Mate of mine had the same issue. Logged a ticket with the GM and got his staff replaced. The GM admitted that the quest was 'ambiguous'.
    That's just the GM being nice. The quest isn't ambiguous in the slightest.

Yeah, the mistake sucks, but honestly this is why you read quest text. Especially in regards to your epic items. I mean, come on; why would crafting the item also reward 10 scrolls of wisdom? Why not just reduce the cost of the item to 10 scrolls in the first place?

Lesson learned. Read quest text.

Deleted
    lol this is blizzards way to seeing who actually reads the quest text infront of them

Deleted
    I did the same thing and a ticket didnt do it for me. I also waited for 5-6 days. Nothing. The GM just said the quest was working as intended and thats it. I'm still pissed off because of all the time and enfort I putted into this staff.
    Last edited by mmoc5f651aac41; 2012-11-01 at 11:57 AM.

quest text exists for a reason. it's not a trap. it's not blizz's fault if you didn't read the quest text that said you'd lose the staff.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    lol this is blizzards way to seeing who actually reads the quest text infront of them
    I like it
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard trolling the Scribes who can't read!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    Blizzard trolling the Scribes who can't read!
    it is a bit ironic that scribes (a profession generally known for its attention to detail in rl) are being caught out by not paying attention. Well trolled

Deleted
    How can it be a trap when it tells you what the deal is in the quest text? Unless the trap is for people who don't read quest and in that case it is your own fault. Although treating the transaction like a disenchant/vendor and not a refund by not putting in a confirmation box was surely an oversight by Blizzard.

Deleted
    lol your own fault if you cant be bothered by reading less then 30 secs of quest text,yes blizz could put a confirmation box,but why should they most ppl would just click accept anyway and still blame blizz for their own stupidity.
    and lets all be honest here who reads for what the confirmation box is before clicking it?

Deleted
    It's definitely not a trap, it's unfortunate you made this mistake but don't panic about it - make a ticket and you should be able to get your staff back.

Deleted
    personaly if that happened to me i would blame myself not blizzard,yes i would make a ticket and if blizz replies its your own fault and we are not giving it back,i would be upset but i accept my fault,not whine on a fan-forum about it

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I nearly did the same thing. I was like oh so they are giving me 10 scrolls because this cost so much awesome, then I started thinking about it and clearly read the quest text and was like "NOO! They will take my staff away!"

Thats what ya get for not reading quest text is my first thought.

Second is to put in a ticket and hope you get a GM that's extra nice and get your staff back. If not...well....that sucks, I've accidentally disenchanted my offset pieces and it's really frustrating when things like that happen. Especially if they have a stupidly expensive enchant on them.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.