Thread: Gara'jal tactic

Gara'jal tactic

Our setup is:
    Pala-Warr tanks
    UH dk-Fire mage-BM hunter-Ele shamm-Rog DPSes
    Druud-pala-priest Healers

I need some tips how to work this boss.
    Question 1: how do you decide which dps goes to spirit world? (the dps goes DK-Hunter-Mage-Rog-Ele, from top to bottom)
    Question 2: Which should be the order of the healers?
    Question 3: the DPS have to kill many at the spirit world or just get the buff and return? (to stay full 30 secs or to leave immidietly)

the group has good tanks excellent healers mediocre DPSes. Our dps is dk 65-70k, hunter 60-68k, mage totaly out of control 45-75k, rog 60, ele 45-55.

Also next week we re losing our pala healer. any suggestions of class replacment?

excuse my bad english, not my native lang.

Send in your best multi-target dps that is NOT having the voodoo doll debuff. If any 'top dps' has the debuff, they leave the spot to the next on the list, and so on and so forth. You always want to have 2 dps + 1 healer inside. Also have the dps outside bunch up on the boss in range of aoe heals.

Healing wise: for the healer that goes away bring in another dps, this fight is 2 healed, or you risk hitting the enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    Our setup is:
    Pala-Warr tanks
    UH dk-Fire mage-BM hunter-Ele shamm-Rog DPSes
    Druud-pala-priest Healers

I need some tips how to work this boss.
    Question 1: how do you decide which dps goes to spirit world? (the dps goes DK-Hunter-Mage-Rog-Ele, from top to bottom)
    Question 2: Which should be the order of the healers?
    Question 3: the DPS have to kill many at the spirit world or just get the buff and return? (to stay full 30 secs or to leave immidietly)

the group has good tanks excellent healers mediocre DPSes. Our dps is dk 65-70k, hunter 60-68k, mage totaly out of control 45-75k, rog 60, ele 45-55.

Also next week we re losing our pala healer. any suggestions of class replacment?

excuse my bad english, not my native lang.
    If you are having issues with the enrage, everyone should be cycling through the spirit world for the buff. Dps buffs are good.

As above poster stated, it should be two healed. There isn't a lot of raid wide damage and your healers get their mana back when they exit the spirit world. Just healing the tanks/vodoo doll targets.

I personally feel the DoT classes work best in the spirit world. I am a boomkin and I go down, dot up all the adds and go back up and nuke the boss with the buff.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Healer wise, this fight is all about ignoring mana requirements an d spamming inificiant heals, when you need mana you go into the spirit realm, when the other healer needs mana they go in.

Killed it a few times, would agree that 2 healing is the best way to go unless your healers are able to make up for another dps. Usually we saw 20% enrages with 3 healers.
    A suggestion for 2 healing, if you need to go down every time, keep one or two hybrid classes (those that can off-heal) for the third totem when it's likely healers will have Voodoo Dolls or Frail Soul.

1. Would generally say dotting classes for killing the Minions, but burst classes for the Severers.
    2. If two healing, whichever isn't Dolled at the time, or doesn't have Frail Soul. Otherwise, whoever needs the mana.
    3. You'll probably want to kill off as many as possible downstairs to ease the pressure off the healers, too many Minions can lead to sudden deaths.

For class replacement, would honestly say a DoT class, a Shadow Priest (VT), Boomkin (Tranq), or Warlock (Healthstones) would be nice additions. Obliged to say, my opinion is from a healing perspective and strategy discussions, I haven't done the fight as dps.
    Last edited by Knude; 2012-11-01 at 03:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a note on your dps listing for everyone. Recount/Skada/Logs are all off for this fight as you lose track of whoever is not in your phase. That could be the reason you're seeing a 30k range for your mage on this fight. What we do is send in at least 1 ranged each phase. For the first, we send in a paladin as well to LoH. That causes a dps to get the max buff instantly and come right back out to dps the boss. We 3 heal just to be comfortable, but 2 healing can make this fight much shorter. Try out both 2 and 3 healing to see what works best for you.

Thx for your responses.

to start from the end, the mage dps isnt from this fight is her average.
    when suggesting 2 healing you mean this boss only? i asked for a permanent replacement suggestion.

One question havent replied. dps need to stay full 30 secs killing minions or just kill 1-2 and get out?

as you can see the only dotting class is the UH dk, which as 1rst dps to our raid always goes down first.

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    Thx for your responses.

to start from the end, the mage dps isnt from this fight is her average.
    when suggesting 2 healing you mean this boss only? i asked for a permanent replacement suggestion.

One question havent replied. dps need to stay full 30 secs killing minions or just kill 1-2 and get out?

as you can see the only dotting class is the UH dk, which as 1rst dps to our raid always goes down first.
    The point of the spirit world is to be something managed by the raid and a dps increase to those who go in as well as a mana regen for healers. My raid had basically your setup and our resto druid went boomkin for the entire fight. From trying both methods you will have dps issues with three healers and it is best to use two that are ready to have more mana. Have a backup dps and both healers ready to go in if the other gets voodoo doll on them. While in the spirit realm players gain a buff that will increase crit chance, damage, and [i think haste, but it might be something else]. This buff to damage and stacking it is key to having the damage needed to bring him down.

We struggled with the enrage, and found the solution to be to only send in one dps to handle adds every time. The buff a dps gains inside the spirit realm doesn't seem to result in a net increase in damage done on the boss. For us the dps was a feral druid, who could bleed up the adds every time. With this tactic we went from wiping on 20% to wiping on 2%, and eventually killing it with 14 seconds to go.

2 heal or youre going to struggle with the enrage. If your dps is amazing then you can 3 heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunknight View Post
    The point of the spirit world is to be something managed by the raid and a dps increase to those who go in as well as a mana regen for healers. My raid had basically your setup and our resto druid went boomkin for the entire fight. From trying both methods you will have dps issues with three healers and it is best to use two that are ready to have more mana. Have a backup dps and both healers ready to go in if the other gets voodoo doll on them. While in the spirit realm players gain a buff that will increase crit chance, damage, and [i think haste, but it might be something else]. This buff to damage and stacking it is key to having the damage needed to bring him down.
    No, it's not. Uptime upstairs is the most important. The spirit realm buff is just a slight compensation for your lost dps upstairs.

Kill a few, get out when it's under control OP.